Suggestion

I have a suggestion for the Rules and Announcements forum. I recently got a warning because I did not see the new "Rep System" announcement, and I left someone a "stupid" rep. I think there should be something that says new announcements underneath the forum, since you can only see the topic with the newest post.

--Evan
Is it really that hard to open up the Rules and Announcements forum to check for things?

When you see the new posts icon lit up for the R&A forum you should probably check for anything new, since that's arguably the most important section of the board.
(Aug. 06, 2008  6:16 AM)Roan Wrote: Is it really that hard to open up the Rules and Announcements forum to check for things?

When you see the new posts icon lit up for the R&A forum you should probably check for anything new, since that's arguably the most important section of the board.

Honestly, I read only a handful of topics; Random Thoughts, Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything You Need To Know, and Gaming Random Thoughts. Who ACTUALLY goes and checks the Rules and Announcement board everyday. I think it would be wise, especially for people who are new to the board
(Aug. 06, 2008  6:19 AM)DtD Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2008  6:16 AM)Roan Wrote: Is it really that hard to open up the Rules and Announcements forum to check for things?

Honestly, I read only a handful of topics; Random Thoughts, Metal Fight Beyblade: Everything You Need To Know, and Gaming Random Thoughts. Who ACTUALLY goes and checks the Rules and Announcement board everyday. I think it would be wise, especially for people who are new to the board

I'm not saying you have to check it everyday.

What I'm saying is that if you notice there are new posts in the R&A forum (the New Posts icon clearly illustrates when there is) its a good idea to look in the forum.

I don't think what you're suggesting is really necessary.
(Aug. 06, 2008  6:21 AM)Artie Wrote: i got warned too

in short: wah

I'm not complaining, I'm simply saying it would be wise to have this to prevent future mishaps.

Learn to read it.
(Aug. 06, 2008  6:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: New posts are made in that forum almost every day.

Learn to read it.

In the past 2 days, almost every post I have seen from the main forum has been in "Upgraded to myBB 1.4!"; I don't read that topic, so I am not going to know if anything else has been posted. I don't care if you guys don't take the suggestion, but I would have this feature.
If you can't check the forum itself when it has a new post icon, I can't really expect you to check the forum description every day either. In short: You got a small warning. That's how we enforce the rules.
(Aug. 06, 2008  6:24 AM)DtD Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2008  6:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: New posts are made in that forum almost every day.

Learn to read it.

In the past 2 days, almost every post I have seen from the main forum has been in "Upgraded to myBB 1.4!"; I don't read that topic, so I am not going to know if anything else has been posted. I don't care if you guys don't take the suggestion, but I would have this feature.

Its a Rules and Announcements forum, where we post all important things pertaining to the site or the board.

If you think that's not important enough to read, that's not our problem.

Seriously why are you whining about this? Its not that hard or time consuming at all to open up the R&A part of the board to see if any other threads have new posts.
Hope you're happy DtD Wink
You should learn how to read it like, everyone here is saying because even some new members, go there to see what they can and can not do, youve been here fr some time and by now you should understand how things roll.

Like brad said you got a small warning so what quit babying about, it just next tme read up, on something because there is something that let's, you know if there are new threads the little round lights up, and if you did not know that when you enter the forum page on beywiki scroll all the, way down to see what topics are new locked and old ok.

It's not hard to read up on some new rules, you just taking lik 10 mins out the day to read it so please next time,read the R&A forum,so you don't have to make a thread like this, you sould have just pmed brad or any other admin, Im sure they wont mine giving you a heads up, I know personally I asked brad about a couple of things and he helped me out.
This issue has already been resolved, Dranzer206. Wink
Oh sorry about that.