String launcher or Light Launcher 2?

So today I received the Gravity Perseus Remix set in the mail and was shocked to find out that the LR string launcher inside stunk, bad. Ever since i got my first LL2 i've stopped using String launchers completely. I used to have one and it spins the beys at about the same sped as my new LR string launcher does. Is this just me or are string launchers overrated? Am i doing something wrong? What do you prefer?
All BeyLaunchers take time to adapt to if you are not used to using them, but some people do prefer the Light Launcher 2 regardless, although we are not able to verify if they really went as far as mastering BeyLaunchers before saying they prefered the Light Launcher 2 and that it was all the same. Scientifically speaking, I believe that the BeyLauncher has the technical higher power though, not the Light Launcher 2. Therefore, all test results are required to use the BeyLauncher.
(Feb. 05, 2016  1:12 AM)Kai-V Wrote: All BeyLaunchers take time to adapt to if you are not used to using them, but some people do prefer the Light Launcher 2 regardless, although we are not able to verify if they really went as far as mastering BeyLaunchers before saying they prefered the Light Launcher 2 and that it was all the same. Scientifically speaking, I believe that the BeyLauncher has the technical higher power though, not the Light Launcher 2. Therefore, all test results are required to use the BeyLauncher.
Hah In the past 10 days I've done nothing but adapt to my new beylauncher, I now prefer it to the LL2. Control>Power I guess.
Well the thing is, that the beylauncher doesn't ever skip in the first energy transfer. Most launchers with winders have the potential to skip and lose power in the transfer from your body to the prongs. Or more directly, the transfer from the winder to the first gear. The string connected directly to the first gear prevents losing power in that transfer. The gears could obviously skip while transferring power from one to the other, or so could the clutch that turns the prongs, but, all other things being equal, I think that there is less potential for power loss in a string launcher vs a launcher with a winder
(Feb. 15, 2016  8:19 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Well the thing is, that the beylauncher doesn't ever skip in the first energy transfer. Most launchers with winders have the potential to skip and lose power in the transfer from your body to the prongs. Or more directly, the transfer from the winder to the first gear. The string connected directly to the first gear prevents losing power in that transfer. The gears could obviously skip while transferring power from one to the other, or so could the clutch that turns the prongs, but, all other things being equal, I think that there is less potential for power loss in a string launcher vs a launcher with a winder
So does that make it (beylauncher) immediately better than a winder launcher? There's no denying that a winder launcher has more power behind it but all in all a string launcher seems like a better choice because of all the reasons listed above. I can see a winder being viable, even more usable than a string launcher with some strategies.
(Feb. 15, 2016  8:54 AM)StormPyxis Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2016  8:19 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Well the thing is, that the beylauncher doesn't ever skip in the first energy transfer. Most launchers with winders have the potential to skip and lose power in the transfer from your body to the prongs. Or more directly, the transfer from the winder to the first gear. The string connected directly to the first gear prevents losing power in that transfer. The gears could obviously skip while transferring power from one to the other, or so could the clutch that turns the prongs, but, all other things being equal, I think that there is less potential for power loss in a string launcher vs a launcher with a winder
So does that make it (beylauncher) immediately better than a winder launcher? There's no denying that a winder launcher has more power behind it but all in all a string launcher seems like a better choice because of all the reasons listed above. I can see a winder being viable, even more usable than a string launcher with some strategies.
I know some people prefer LL2s for Attack because launching with a Light Launcher usually makes your launcher hand move a bit, essentially giving you a simpler and easier Sliding Shoot.

Assuming you have a steady supply of fresh ripcords for your LL2 (because boy do they wear out fast), the LL2 is a solid choice, but is harder to control than a Beylauncher, and an experienced Beylauncher user can get equal or higher RPMs than an experienced LL2 user, though it's definitely easier to use the LL2 at first.

The reason you can hit higher RPMs with a Beylauncher is that its "winder" (the string in this case) is longer than the LL2's. The LL2 winder causes the prongs to complete 5 full rotations before it is fully pulled out; at maximum extension, the Beylauncher will have completed 6.5 rotations. So, in theory, the Beylauncher has 1.3x as long to accelerate as the LL2, giving a maximum theoretical speed of about 1.7x as fast as the LL2. In practice, though, the LL2 has a much "denser" winder, I guess you could call it - although it causes only 1.5 less rotations than the Beylauncher's string, it's much shorter than the Beylauncher string is. So, if you're pulling at the same speed, the Light Launcher 2 will launch substantially harder than the Beylauncher will, because those 5 rotations are compressed into half the length of the Beylauncher's 6.5. Instead, pulling with the same force as you would with a LL2 will give you that 1.7x speed, though this is limited by how fast you can move your arm, as you will be pulling at much higher speeds than the LL2 (which offers more resistance). It's also limited by not wanting to destroy your Beylauncher, since you will either have to stop before the string runs out or let go, either of which will reduce your launch speed somewhat.
Good point. Yeah, I think it is easier to get more power with a LL, with less effort, but for absolute maximum power, a beylauncher is the way to go.
(Feb. 15, 2016  4:50 PM)Cake Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2016  8:54 AM)StormPyxis Wrote:
I know some people prefer LL2s for Attack because launching with a Light Launcher usually makes your launcher hand move a bit, essentially giving you a simpler and easier Sliding Shoot.

Assuming you have a steady supply of fresh ripcords for your LL2 (because boy do they wear out fast), the LL2 is a solid choice, but is harder to control than a Beylauncher, and an experienced Beylauncher user can get equal or higher RPMs than an experienced LL2 user, though it's definitely easier to use the LL2 at first.

The reason you can hit higher RPMs with a Beylauncher is that its "winder" (the string in this case) is longer than the LL2's. The LL2 winder causes the prongs to complete 5 full rotations before it is fully pulled out; at maximum extension, the Beylauncher will have completed 6.5 rotations. So, in theory, the Beylauncher has 1.3x as long to accelerate as the LL2, giving a maximum theoretical speed of about 1.7x as fast as the LL2. In practice, though, the LL2 has a much "denser" winder, I guess you could call it - although it causes only 1.5 less rotations than the Beylauncher's string, it's much shorter than the Beylauncher string is. So, if you're pulling at the same speed, the Light Launcher 2 will launch substantially harder than the Beylauncher will, because those 5 rotations are compressed into half the length of the Beylauncher's 6.5. Instead, pulling with the same force as you would with a LL2 will give you that 1.7x speed, though this is limited by how fast you can move your arm, as you will be pulling at much higher speeds than the LL2 (which offers more resistance). It's also limited by not wanting to destroy your Beylauncher, since you will either have to stop before the string runs out or let go, either of which will reduce your launch speed somewhat.
Yeah I understand that you're saying. Its just with string launchers being as hard to come by as they are, you really don't wanna give em the same pull you'd give a LL2! But i'm working on the whole force/speed thing. (Boy do those ripcords wear out XD)
i'm not sure but i think most new bladers prefer light lqauncher 2 due to it's easy to aim. also LL2 have more friction when pulling ripcord [need more force/stangth] which may make you feel like your bey is spinning faster [as you used more strangth]. but i think beylauncher is gives more RPM then LL2 to me atleast, but it's varied from blader to blader

gembu spoiler (Click to View)
(Feb. 19, 2016  9:09 PM)FOUNTAIN-FIRE Wrote: i'm not sure but i think most new bladers prefer light lqauncher 2 due to it's easy to aim. also LL2 have more friction when pulling ripcord [need more force/stangth] which may make you feel like your bey is spinning faster [as you used more strangth]. but i think beylauncher is gives more RPM then LL2 to me atleast, but it's varied from blader to blader

So you can use a regular Light Launcher like the one that comes with Ray Unicorno BB-71 better than a LL2 or Beylauncher, I've never heard of that before, are you using a long winder? I think that's kinda cool.
(Feb. 21, 2016  1:04 AM)StormPyxis Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2016  9:09 PM)FOUNTAIN-FIRE Wrote: i'm not sure but i think most new bladers prefer light lqauncher 2 due to it's easy to aim. also LL2 have more friction when pulling ripcord [need more force/stangth] which may make you feel like your bey is spinning faster [as you used more strangth]. but i think beylauncher is gives more RPM then LL2 to me atleast, but it's varied from blader to blader

So you can use a regular Light Launcher like the one that comes with Ray Unicorno BB-71 better than a LL2 or Beylauncher, I've never heard of that before, are you using a long winder? I think that's kinda cool.

yeah i'm using neo dragoon winder
(Feb. 21, 2016  1:27 AM)FOUNTAIN-FIRE Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2016  1:04 AM)StormPyxis Wrote:

yeah i'm using neo dragoon winder
That's interesting, would you ever consider using it in a tournament?