Speculative customs

Note: The following is my [u]prediction[/u] of the competitive application of Libra and Wolf. I understand that nearly no one has these beyblades yet and my predictions may very well be innacurate. I do, however, want the first people on the board that get libra and wolf to test out the combos I have come up with and post results.

Standard Endurance Combo:
Wheel: Libra
Track: 10.5mm
Tip: Wide Flat (Leone)

This is not a "pure" endurance combo. A pure endurace combo or zombie will not be possible until a bearing track is released, and in the highly offensive mfb environment, may not even be practical.The shape of libra's wheel indicates that most of its weight is concentrated at its outer edge. This gives it an excellent moment of inertia. While beyblades with high M.O.I may not have the best solo spin times, they are often resistant to being knocked off ballance. In the plastic generation, the wide defense and wide survivor weight disks were used to give a greater moment of inertia to endurance types. Because the wheel has an equivalent application to what the attack ring + weight disk had in the plastic generation, Libra's wheel serves the same purpose for defense/endurance combos as the wide survivor weight disk did in the past.

Defense Combo:
Wheel: leone
Track/Tip: Wolf

Wolf's tip (which is suspected to be round plastic) seems promising for use in defense types. From what I have seen, the wolf track + tip appears to be analogous to Draciel S's base. The "ring" on wolf's track has a superficial similarity to the metal balls used in Draciel S's base. Both increase M.O.I , consequently making the beyblade more stable.

Libra's wheel may also be used in this combo if greater stability/M.O.I. is desired.

Although these customs seem promising, I am unsure whether they will become competitive. Right now, the MFB generation seems to be dominated by attack types. The release of something with a grip flat tip would make it even harder for defense/endurance types to be competitive. Of course, the new "defense stadium" might make this trend move in the opposite direction.
I'm not sure, but with a 125 track, I'd be afraid to use a ball tip for fear of wobbling.
I feel that Metal Sharp would be beter for the second combo. Its all speculation now so who knows. It would add rpm and repell attackers beter.
I don't really understand the purpose of the wide flat on the survival type.
(Sep. 19, 2008  5:07 AM)Maz Wrote: I feel that Metal Sharp would be beter for the second combo. Its all speculation now so who knows. It would add rpm and repell attackers beter.
It would definitely keep the blade from losing RPM, but it wouldn't hold up to attacks very well. SF would be better for taking less recoil, if I'm not mistaken.

(Sep. 19, 2008  6:46 AM)Nic Wrote: I don't really understand the purpose of the wide flat on the survival type.

I think he meant Wide Sharp, meaning Defense. :-P
yes, that was a typo. Sorry for the confusion
(Sep. 19, 2008  10:12 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2008  5:07 AM)Maz Wrote: I feel that Metal Sharp would be beter for the second combo. Its all speculation now so who knows. It would add rpm and repell attackers beter.
It would definitely keep the blade from losing RPM, but it wouldn't hold up to attacks very well. SF would be better for taking less recoil, if I'm not mistaken.
Well anything plastic will be beter for taking less recoil. Plastic has more resistance to the stadium than metal. SF isent so great for defence though.
AH alright, I forgot there was a wide sharp, actually. Now, it all makes sense.