Some of my all-time favourite combos.

Here are some of my all-time favourite combos. Smile Of course there are a lot more than these, but these are the ones I can remember right now.

PLASTIC

Concept: Smash Attack
AR: Triple Wing
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo-Right
SG Core: Heavy Metal Core
BB: SG Metal Flat 2

Concept: Zombie
AR: Twin Horn (Takara ver.)
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Neo Left
SG Core: Bearing Core
SP: Cross Survivor/Defense Ring (varies on how I'm feeling!)
BB: Customize Grip Base

Concept: Balance
AR: Tiger Defenser/War Lion (depending on the situation)
WD: 10-Balance
SG: Right (Bearing Version)
SG Shaft: Bearing Base
BB: Defense Grip Base 2

Concept: Balance
AR: Wing Cross (Hasbro Bistool mold)
WD: 10-Balance
BB: Semi-Flat

Concept: Compact
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: 10-Heavy
BB: SG Semi-Flat

Concept: Upper Attack
AR: Upper Dragoon
BB: Grip Base

AR: Wing Cross
BB: Metal Ball Base

HMS

AR: Metal Ape
WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Metal Change Core

Concept: Upper Attack
AR: Samurai Upper
WD: CWD Defense Ring
RC: Metal Weight Grip Flat Core

Concept: Defense + Force Smash
AR: Metal Ape
RC: Rubber Weight Core

Concept: Survival
AR: Advance Survivor
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Bearing Core

Concept: Upper Attack + Force Smash
AR: Advance Attacker
WD: CWD Eternal Survivor
RC: Auto Change Core

Concept: Defense
AR: Advance Attacker
WD: CWD Eternal Survivor
RC: Bearing Core 2

Concept: Smash Attack
AR: Samurai Upper
WD: CWD Free Crusher
RC: Battle Change Core
Do you think Grip Base works better than Storm Grip in combo 6? Or is it specifically based on being your favourite?
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Do you think Grip Base works better than Storm Grip in combo 6? Or is it specifically based on being your favourite?

It's just a favourite of mine. Try your own comparisons. Smile
I wish! I don't have Grip Attacker.
Quote:Concept: Smash Attack

I somewhat question whether or not Ten Wide would be better there though...
Black Dranzer.exe Wrote:
Quote:Concept: Smash Attack

I somewhat question whether or not Ten Wide would be better there though...

The notches in Wide Defense along with the focus on outer-weight really lend itself well to this Beyblade. Smile

Believe it or not, you can very effectively use Wide SURVIVOR for Smash Attack types!
I'd imagine so. If I am not mistaken, speed is more important than weight with smash attackers. Personally, I don't think Wide Survivor has enough weight though.
The thing about speed is that it mainly makes a difference in head-on collisions. If it just brushes past, the effectiveness is very much reduced, which is why generally I'll prefer to either go all out in speed (minimum of a fixed shaft bearingSG2 or MSUV) or make use of a higher spin rate.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:The thing about speed is that it mainly makes a difference in head-on collisions. If it just brushes past, the effectiveness is very much reduced, which is why generally I'll prefer to either go all out in speed (minimum of a fixed shaft bearingSG2 or MSUV) or make use of a higher spin rate.

Pretty much spot on. Smile
just wondering, how does smash attacks actually works? it can hardly push the opponent out of the stadium right? or does it works by disturbing the balance of the opponent's blade.
You can use this topic for like any question you have if there's not a topic for it.
http://forums.beywiki.com/showthread.php?tid=10

I'll answer though. Smash attacks are pretty much those standard attacks people use, but they're usually fast so they need a lighter WD such as a 10-Wide.
Z Wrote:just wondering, how does smash attacks actually works? it can hardly push the opponent out of the stadium right? or does it works by disturbing the balance of the opponent's blade.

Basically it hits the Beyblade with a lot of weight behind a small pressure point in order to knock the Beyblade as far as possible. This is obviously a rudimentary explanation; I'll do a write-up for the wiki soon.
Z Wrote:just wondering, how does smash attacks actually works? it can hardly push the opponent out of the stadium right? or does it works by disturbing the balance of the opponent's blade.

Not really, it actually does a large amount of damage by hitting the opponent really hard. I would say upper is closer to disturbing the opponent's balance.
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Basically it hits the Beyblade with a lot of weight behind a small pressure point in order to knock the Beyblade as far as possible. This is obviously a rudimentary explanation; I'll do a write-up for the wiki soon.

I thought that was supposed to be Spike attack or something. From the cerberus AR, smash attack is supposed to hit the AR of your opponent's beyblade downwards isn't it? At least that was how the Master Draciel AR is designed for.
Spike attack is just an upgraded form of smash attack. The type of "smash" you're referring to on Triple Attacker is "force smash", which forces the the opposing Beyblade downwards into the stadium floor.
I recall they decided to change some naming trends. But yes, the smash there is short for Force Smash, I doubt that'll fit on the little sticker on the AR. Spike attack has the same function as Smash, but due to the smaller surface area, there's higher pressure and stuff.
Do you have a customisation that is of defense/survival type one? Thanks!
Z Wrote:Do you have a customisation that is of defense/survival type one? Thanks!

Try this:

AR: War Lion (Galeon)
SG: Right SG (Bearing Version 2) (Wolborg 2)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2)
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Z Wrote:Do you have a customisation that is of defense/survival type one? Thanks!

Try this:

Somehow, this customisation loses its balance quickly. This could be due the the Defense Grip Base 2 being too tall. Beyblades that are lower in terms of height would tend to hit the shaft of Wolborg, causing it to lose its balance easily. I was wondering why not use this customisation:

AR: War Lion (Galeon) / Tiger Defenser (Driger S)
SG: Neo Right with Heavy Metal Core
BB: Customise Metal Sharp Base (Voltaic Ape)
SP: Defense Ring (Voltaic Ape)

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Z Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Try this:

Somehow, this customisation loses its balance quickly. This could be due the the Defense Grip Base 2 being too tall. Beyblades that are lower in terms of height would tend to hit the shaft of Wolborg, causing it to lose its balance easily. I was wondering why not use this customisation:

Because this combo is worse in just about every way? The survival is lower, the defense is lower, and the balance is worse. Also, Defense Grip Base 2 isn't tall; it's the SG that makes it tall (and I don't even really think it's that tall).

Also, I should have made my original combo in left spin. If you're having trouble with balance, try this instead:

AR: Triangle Wing (Dranzer GT)
SG: Left SG (Bearing Version) (Wolborg)
BB: Customize Grip Base (Dragoon V2)

I'm not sure if Bearing Version 2 will fit, but if it does, go for it. Overall though, I think the original combo is fine and that the balance issue isn't too much of a hinderance; Customize Metal Sharp isn't exactly stout.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Z Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

Try this:

Because this combo is worse in just about every way? The survival is lower, the defense is lower, and the balance is worse. Also, Defense Grip Base 2 isn't tall; it's the SG that makes it tall (and I don't even really think it's that tall).

Also, I should have made my original combo in left spin. If you're having trouble with balance, try this instead:

AR: Triangle Wing (Dranzer GT)
SG: Left SG (Bearing Version) (Wolborg)
BB: Customize Grip Base (Dragoon V2)

I'm not sure if Bearing Version 2 will fit, but if it does, go for it. Overall though, I think the original combo is fine and that the balance issue isn't too much of a hinderance; Customize Metal Sharp isn't exactly stout.

Yes, it does fit. Also, you could use this with Neo Bearing SG and Customize Bearing base.

Anyway, yes, anything with this tends to wobble quite significantly. However, I find that this wobbling doesn't really affect the performance much...
Agreed. It will wobble, but not to the point where it's going to cause problems. This isn't SG Sharp we're talking about.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Agreed. It will wobble, but not to the point where it's going to cause problems. This isn't SG Sharp we're talking about.

xD sometimes I purposely launch bearingSG2 shaft in double bearing casings tilted so it mantains an angle for an extended period of time.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:Agreed. It will wobble, but not to the point where it's going to cause problems. This isn't SG Sharp we're talking about.

xD sometimes I purposely launch bearingSG2 shaft in double bearing casings tilted so it mantains an angle for an extended period of time.

Agreed; I like shooting it on an angle, it seems to take the hits better and compensates for its height.