[Silver Spring, Maryland, USA, 5/29/11]Celebrate BeyDays, Come on!

on
Hosted by
  Otsu
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

~Celebrate BeyDays, come on! It's a celebration!~
~Celebrate BeyDays, come on! Let's celebrate!~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av8NTy5WkFc <--CLICK!

Name: Celebrate BeyDays, Come on!
Date: 5/29/11 - May 29th, 2011 - Sunday
Time: 11am Registration. 12pm Start

Venue:Changed to Silver Spring, Jackson Road Park because xanadu is busy that day. MoCo is probably closer for most people anyway. Type in "jackson road park silver spring maryland" into google and it'll pop up.
Meeting place is in the playground parking lot. I have circled it in red in the second map.
maps.
Format: Full round robin. If we have 18 people, it will switch to block round robin.
Fee:$5 to cover prizes(this may go down if we get more people. Invite everyone you know!) +($5 WBO fee or $10 passport or free if you already have a passport.)

Prize pool will be 2 x L Drago Destroy and a random booster 7. 1st gets first pick, etc. etc.
Decided to add a consolation prize for 4th place. -clear metal face custom. Unless someone would rather take the metal face instead of a beyblade.... :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzsdF2lmWmA <--- video of the prizes

ACTUAL Attendees:
Otsu
Galaxy4ever
Rotation
Aimi8
othellog
Breaker
BillyBlast
yujay9
NightVirgo8787
geetster99
Arupaeo
Burn Rock Virgo
rock L-drago
Nuzumaki90
meteobang
jackelknight
henmen3
cb
doc
yamo
BurnBlaze
Jake56
Coolblader
Captain Rock
Ultra quincy
BDaichi
Total: 26

Thank you everyone that attended! It was an awesome day. Congrats to the winners!

1st - Arupaeo random booster 7
2nd - Otsu l drago destroy
3rd - Aimi8 l drago destory
4th - Geetster99 clear metal face custom

few pictures.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(May. 30, 2011  3:19 PM)rock L-drago Wrote: I'm surprised that I made it so far with just a TT light launcher, and 2 outclassed combosEeearth(Hasbro)Aquario GB145 WD and Ray Unicorno LW105 RF.

P.S when will the beypoints be updated.

You did great 'cause you got the blader spirit man! Keep up the practice and good things will follow!

With so many tournaments happening at the same time (Bey Day) it will likely be several weeks before all results are entered, faces awarded, etc.
glad all the kids had fun. everything pretty much went super smoothly.
(May. 31, 2011  6:50 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(May. 30, 2011  3:19 PM)rock L-drago Wrote: I'm surprised that I made it so far with just a TT light launcher, and 2 outclassed combosEeearth(Hasbro)Aquario GB145 WD and Ray Unicorno LW105 RF.

P.S when will the beypoints be updated.

You did great 'cause you got the blader spirit man! Keep up the practice and good things will follow!

With so many tournaments happening at the same time (Bey Day) it will likely be several weeks before all results are entered, faces awarded, etc.
Ya, I was telling people that when I was judging. Its all about the BEY SPIRIT!!! You have to have hope in your beyblade. But it is true, you actually have to believe.
Judging by my win records, I am probably around the 60's, 70's ish.
who is jake56? there is no member with that name. if you're reading this, please post here. the wbo can't process tournament results unless we have the correct user names.
I look here every time hopeing my bey is found no such luck also my bey was in the second picture well sorta it was in the Max stampede stadium with the drink by it
(May. 31, 2011  4:58 AM)Doc Wrote: BillyBlast - this is CB's mom. We went through all of our beyblades that we carted to and from the tournament. The three kids I brought (CB, Doc and Yamo) were very sad to hear your story. They went extra crazy trying to review our videos to see if they could see it. We're really sorry for you.

Overall, I must commend all of the older kids / adults who participated with the little kids. I can't tell you how much you guys have made a positive impression on these kids. You were so helpful, nice and funny (BDaiChi), that they haven't stopped talking about it. And Otsu is a "legend" to them now. So thanks a lot from the little kid / newbies.

CB had me post a bunch of videos on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/ArbeeObees I hope it's ok to share. I can remove if anyone is concerned about privacy. Just PM me.
PS - I've learned that I'm the worst videographer of battles, according to my kids. So, the videos don't capture the battles like you might want. sorry! Wink
You should tell the kids to look at the rankings. Otsu is really good, but have them look at the world's #1 and above.
P.S No offense Otsu, you are serious competition.
Not anymore Smug I beat him so he aint all that scary no mo. Lol we had fun!
He did make it to the finals though.
ya and beat me
I have a question. How did Storm Leone 90 WB outspin an Earth Aquario GB145 WD.
(Jun. 03, 2011  12:20 PM)rock L-drago Wrote: I have a question. How did Storm Leone 90 WB outspin an Earth Aquario GB145 WD.

WD could have been worn miss launch he did have a string launccher while you used light launcher and 90 hurt GB145 Bad
(Jun. 03, 2011  12:59 AM)Otsu Wrote: just sent in all the matches and stuff.
I am pretty sure that I beat Yamo. The only people I lost to were Galaxy and Arupaeo.
you're right. carp someone is going to be mad . . . i'm pm about it.
Do not worry. As long as the battle involves the good Bladers, but that the winner was mixed with the loser, there is an easy solution to it, in the system.
My profile is now updated. I'm not mad at all.
(Jun. 03, 2011  12:20 PM)rock L-drago Wrote: I have a question. How did Storm Leone 90 WB outspin an Earth Aquario GB145 WD.

I have a Japanese String Lancer from 09
I have bey suppression.
Longer cord plus I don't have to hold back when I pull (Muscle!) cause I am not afraid to break my launcher...

You inspected my parts...If you thought something was wrong you could have brought it up.

It is the same beyblade I used at the tournament I hosted and was untouched till the night before the Silver Spring Tourney.

Otsu
who is jake56? there is no member with that name. if you're reading this, please post here. the wbo can't process tournament results unless we have the correct user names.

He was the first kid I versed.
He had freckles and was with his mommy.
That's all I remember.
(Jun. 05, 2011  5:07 AM)BDaichi Wrote:

I have a Japanese String Lancer from 09
I have bey suppression.
Longer cord plus I don't have to hold back when I pull (Muscle!) cause I am not afraid to break my launcher...

You inspected my parts...If you thought something was wrong you could have brought it up.

It is the same beyblade I used at the tournament I hosted and was untouched till the night before the Silver Spring Tourney.

Otsu

He was the first kid I versed.
He had freckles and was with his mommy.
That's all I remember.

yeah i remember him as well, he even bought a passport. but there is no name or anything registered. i just ended up making a profile of Jake56.
Otsu make he might make one later.
Or attend another tournament.
Just tell him his account password then.