Sieg Xcalibur Testing and Discussion

[Image: wl9M2LB.png]
fixed, lol

So, I was expecting sX to be like lS. An attacking god, making the metagame healthier and more exciting. Well, it kind of is? It's complicated.

Metal Sieg Xcalibur 7Meteor Xtreme vs. Alter Chronos 4Glaive Atomic

Metal Sieg Xcalibur 7Meteor Xtreme vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic

Metal Sieg Xcalibur 7Meteor Xtreme vs. Guardian Kerbeus 4Glaive Revolve

Metal Sieg Xcalibur 7Meteor Xtreme vs. Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic

Overall, Sieg Xcalibur looks like a decent alternative to Legend Spriggan. It takes care of Alter Chronos and Drain Fafnir with far more ease than Legend Spriggan, and both sX and lS can delete Guardian Kerbeus pretty easily too. However, its performance against Maximum Garuda is a bit worrying. But since Legend Spriggan and Guardian Kerbeus can counter mG pretty well, I don't think it'll be too big of an issue.
So they're about equal in attack potential.

How about an attack vs attack, sX vs lS (with more stamina conserving tips to prevent "launched second wins") and see how well they fair against each other directly?
DAT TrainiacJ is beyawesome Libruhhh. I expected sX to do well (esspecially seeing how it delt with dF in YT videos) but it surely exceeded my expectation (#I'mBuyIngIt lol). Reason I think it did bad(is? lol) compared to lS because against mG. lS seemed to be have big slopes which make it get under mG and it trigers it's "slopes"

BTW how about if you write "MGC Seigh Xcaliber" then Metal?
(Sep. 25, 2017  5:53 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: How about an attack vs attack, sX vs lS (with more stamina conserving tips to prevent "launched second wins") and see how well they fair against each other directly?

It could go either way since it's Attack vs. Attack, but Legend Spriggan does have observably better Stamina than Sieg Xcalibur.

Also worth mentioning that sX destroys gZ pretty handily; I find it does better against it than lS does (although I know you haven't liked gZ in general TrainiacJ).
(Sep. 25, 2017  9:04 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2017  5:53 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: How about an attack vs attack, sX vs lS (with more stamina conserving tips to prevent "launched second wins") and see how well they fair against each other directly?

It could go either way since it's Attack vs. Attack, but Legend Spriggan does have observably better Stamina than Sieg Xcalibur.

Also worth mentioning that sX destroys gZ pretty handily; I find it does better against it than lS does (although I know you haven't liked gZ in general TrainiacJ).

Yeah, the more centralized metal and rounder shape would make lS have more endurance, I think. 

and yeah, i figured sX would wreck gZ, but i wasn't too sure considering how different my experiences have been from everyone else in regards to gZ, haha.
How do you even get a 60% win rate against dF, even when I tested sX on Variable it could barely win at all. Also 7>4, Kei found out the hard way last tournament.

The conclusion I also fell has a lot of false info, aC gets destroyed by both lS and sX quite consistently, dF should have an around 80% win rate against sX and lS (when launch power is about 20-10%) (sX can KO dF more than lS but there should never be a burst finish for the attacker against dF or else you're doing it wrong), and lastly gK and lS do not deal with mG very well at all (stalling against gK, and really weak launch against lS), this is obviously if the blader knows what to do but ignorance is not an excuse.

I obviously don't do formal tests, I only get info from tournaments and my personal strategy development from testing in certain situations so take this as you will. Don't really feel like justifying my claims.
Guardian Kerbeus 6/10 with 100%?
(Sep. 26, 2017  12:58 AM)Ultra Wrote: Guardian Kerbeus 6/10 with 100%?

proofreading isn't real
One thing I would remember @[1234beyblade] is that the tests TrainiacJ have posted are done solo. Win rates for Attack types are always better in solo tests than in tournament situations or situations where two players are launching (and know what they're doing). Even if he was weak launching dF here for example, I think his win rate will inherently be better because the stamina type has to be launched first and is unavoidably a target that already exists in the stadium, as opposed to real battles where that isn't the case.
(Sep. 26, 2017  12:02 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: How do you even get a 60% win rate against dF, even when I tested sX on Variable it could barely win at all.  Also 7>4, Kei found out the hard way last tournament.

The conclusion I also fell has a lot of false info, aC gets destroyed by both lS and sX quite consistently, dF should have an around 80% win rate against sX and lS (when launch power is about 20-10%) (sX can KO dF more than lS but there should never be a burst finish for the attacker against dF or else you're doing it wrong), and lastly gK and lS do not deal with mG very well at all (stalling against gK, and really weak launch against lS), this is obviously if the blader knows what to do but ignorance is not an excuse.

I obviously don't do formal tests, I only get info from tournaments and my personal strategy development from testing in certain situations so take this as you will.  Don't really feel like justifying my claims.

Honestly, this seems extremely off-putting, rude and arrogant. It’s really stuff like this that can really make someone wanna turn away from testing stuff because they feel like they don’t know what to do. Rather than have a more friendly attitude towards someone working on bringing test, you make it sound as though they are below you and then you have the audacity to say that you don’t have real results and that you don’t feel justified to have to back up those claims you made. You may be a high ranked Blader, but it in no ways gives you the right to talk to someone in the manner you did. 

Sorry to rant on this thread like this but I’ve seen it a lot and it seems like more than one person has this attitude in the Beyblade community in general, so I felt that it was necessary to call it out.
Honestly when has anyone cared when i posted tests. my 6 hours of hell testing for limited format was straight up ignored (I only keep mentioning this because this was the most effort i ever put into testing something), i just stopped caring for this communities knowledge, especially since beyblade itself is dying.  I'm gonna continue not doing formal tests and just posting my thoughts on stuff because it's a waste of time to try and support something through tests and im sure trainiac will get to feel how i felt back then some day.

(only in toronto i have no idea what it's like in LA or whatever other place) Also yes i do feel like there is tiers on knowledge and that myself and kei are up there, people just DONT CARE enough, and honestly it's a huge turn off to even continue playing beyblade because the competitive spirit, at least here in toronto has been dying since 2013 (my teammates from team osu also quit so that sucks a lot, they were the highest priority for me to see at tournaments and now they're gone).  I'm happy that people like tahoor, newtype, and so on are getting into competitive, but seriously it's just been so bad that i can only truly play meta against Kei, im sick of having to use safe combos because my opponent is just that predictable.  This brings up another problem, the bey point system is broken, you have to use safe combos against newbies because you dont want to lose that number (since i have an extremely competitive nature that number means a lot to me)

I dont care anymore, give me a warning level for all i care, beyblade has been dying in spirit for me for a long time, it doesnt satisfy my competitive nature anymore and that's my problem, that's why i act with that attitude.

Edit: just want to add a real time example, the competitive tier list that i took time to put together for people to build off of hasn't been discussed further in like... a long time now... the tier list should be complete by now... but no, no one cares.
Getting off topic, but part of the reason why I make so many drafts is to hopefully put some life into the competitive scene by giving easily accessible information on parts to new players, streamlining introductions and such.

One can hope right?
(Sep. 26, 2017  5:32 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Honestly when has anyone cared when i posted tests. my 6 hours of hell testing for limited format was straight up ignored (I only keep mentioning this because this was the most effort i ever put into testing something), i just stopped caring for this communities knowledge, especially since beyblade itself is dying.  I'm gonna continue not doing formal tests and just posting my thoughts on stuff because it's a waste of time to try and support something through tests and im sure trainiac will get to feel how i felt back then some day.

(only in toronto i have no idea what it's like in LA or whatever other place) Also yes i do feel like there is tiers on knowledge and that myself and kei are up there, people just DONT CARE enough, and honestly it's a huge turn off to even continue playing beyblade because the competitive spirit, at least here in toronto has been dying since 2013 (my teammates from team osu also quit so that sucks a lot, they were the highest priority for me to see at tournaments and now they're gone).  I'm happy that people like tahoor, newtype, and so on are getting into competitive, but seriously it's just been so bad that i can only truly play meta against Kei, im sick of having to use safe combos because my opponent is just that predictable.  This brings up another problem, the bey point system is broken, you have to use safe combos against newbies because you dont want to lose that number (since i have an extremely competitive nature that number means a lot to me)

I dont care anymore, give me a warning level for all i care, beyblade has been dying in spirit for me for a long time, it doesnt satisfy my competitive nature anymore and that's my problem, that's why i act with that attitude.

Edit: just want to add a real time example, the competitive tier list that i took time to put together for people to build off of hasn't been discussed further in like... a long time now... the tier list should be complete by now... but no, no one cares.

It may suck that people did not take notice of your thread at the time, but to be fair, Limited Format was never as big as the normal format, where most people had their focus. And it also sucks that you do not feel like testing anymore, but you should not make others feel like that. @[TrainiacJ]'s testing has been deeply appreciated lately and for you to make anyone feel like they should not test something is wrong.

While there are tiers of knowlegde, the goal of a community such as the WBO is to constructively increase the knowledge of all that we can so that way it becomes more fun. Beyblade is not dying, and I do not see it dying in the forseeable future; there is just a new generation of Bladers replacing the ones who have moved on. And while these new Bladers may seem predicatable, it should in no way force you to use safe combos. It just means that you prioritize winning first place over having fun battles or testing new combos that may be risky. That is only left up to you. Feeling like you can only have competitive meta game battles versus Kei or someone of the like means that you know using safe combos won't work, so you try something else.

If Beyblade does not satisfy you anymore, I am sorry. There is not much that anyone can do except work together to make the game more fun and competitive in a constructive manner. They way that you sounded in your reply to TrainiacJ was not being helpful in my opinion, but more like putting him down. That is not the goal that we should set here. If you do plan on eventually leaving the game, it is best to leave a positive imprint on the people that you talk to to help build a positive community.

Sorry for going on with this again, but i feel like this was something that needed to be said and needed to be public. The attitudes that some people have been bringing to Beyblade as a whole lately has really put me off and I wanted to make sure I said what needed to be said. It is not just this, but this is something I felt I could respond to and actually get people to listen. If this needs to be moved to somewhere else, please do so, but if possible, please allow it to stay public.

-Tier list should be something that is worked on, but I believe that the new releases that have been coming in the news feed has everyone's attention at the moment.
The main matter at hand here is that nobody should feel like their tests aren’t appreciated, but is is true that testing will differ from person to person and you won’t necessarily agree (i.e I disagreed with Legend Spriggan and Galaxy Zeus test results, but I don’t think they were wrong exactly). All I can encourage you to do is post your own thoughts and/or your own tests and show your side of it instead and effectively collaborate for the better cause.

I’m gonna put a stop to this now as it’s clear this debate/argument isn’t going to go anywhere. You both have difference stances and different histories with testing in general, and I don’t think you’re going to see eye to eye on this subject at all. Let’s just agree to disagree here and move on, it’s not worth the hassle.
the first excalibur has one strong point of contact the sword which made it good for attack,but could someone tell what makes sX good for attack i know its heavy but i do not seee any hyper-aggressive contact points.
(Sep. 26, 2017  8:04 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: the first excalibur has one strong point of contact the sword which made it good for attack,but could someone tell what makes sX good for attack i know its heavy but i do not seee any hyper-aggressive contact points.

it's nearly square shape makes it like a 4-sided Valkyrie (original), on top of it's sheer weight. The big flat sides act like the face of a sledgehammer.
(Sep. 25, 2017  5:15 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: [Image: wl9M2LB.png]
fixed, lol

So, I was expecting sX to be like lS. An attacking god, making the metagame healthier and more exciting. Well, it kind of is? It's complicated.

Metal Sieg Xcalibur 7Meteor Xtreme vs. Alter Chronos 4Glaive Atomic

Metal Sieg Xcalibur 7Meteor Xtreme vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic

Metal Sieg Xcalibur 7Meteor Xtreme vs. Guardian Kerbeus 4Glaive Revolve

Metal Sieg Xcalibur 7Meteor Xtreme vs. Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic

Overall, Sieg Xcalibur looks like a decent alternative to Legend Spriggan. It takes care of Alter Chronos and Drain Fafnir with far more ease than Legend Spriggan, and both sX and lS can delete Guardian Kerbeus pretty easily too. However, its performance against Maximum Garuda is a bit worrying. But since Legend Spriggan and Guardian Kerbeus can counter mG pretty well, I don't think it'll be too big of an issue.

Dude, this is awesome stuff and exactly the tyoe of information that I was looking for when I joined this community a few days ago! Keep up the great work and content. And for all of the other bladers who have put in work in the past, please continue to share your knowledge. Some of us like myself are new to this era of beyblade and still are looking forward to evolvingwith the game. Thanks for all you guys do
Just did a little free-play with sX and I've found that it can actually burst dF every so often. As long as it gets the big initial hits, sX can burst dF.
I've tried aC.4G.At against MGCsX.7M.X and find that aC can hold its ground. While it can get knocked out every so often, it doesn't burst much against sX.
(Sep. 30, 2017  9:42 PM)Mage Wrote: Just did a little free-play with sX and I've found that it can actually burst dF every so often. As long as it gets the big initial hits, sX can burst dF.

Anything is certainly possible, but the question here is how were you launching dF and how consistent is sX against dF overall? In my experience, not very.
(Sep. 30, 2017  10:47 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2017  9:42 PM)Mage Wrote: Just did a little free-play with sX and I've found that it can actually burst dF every so often. As long as it gets the big initial hits, sX can burst dF.

Anything is certainly possible, but the question here is how were you launching dF and how consistent is sX against dF overall? In my experience, not very.

While I do concur that bursting dF is not always consistent but isn't that attack types in general? They're all a high risk high reward type and it's a gamble to use an attack type anyways. I launched dF at 10% power by pulling the string on the launcher about 5 inches with mediocre speed, and sX with full power. I do have 2 viable Xtremes tho. One is a lot faster but also self KOs sometines, the other is a good balance between speed and control. So basically attack types are all inconsistent IMO
(Sep. 30, 2017  11:10 PM)Mage Wrote: While I do concur that bursting dF is not always consistent but isn't that attack types in general? They're all a high risk high reward type and it's a gamble to use an attack type anyways. I launched dF at 10% power by pulling the string on the launcher about 5 inches with mediocre speed, and sX with full power. I do have 2 viable Xtremes tho. One is a lot faster but also self KOs sometines, the other is a good balance between speed and control. So basically attack types are all inconsistent IMO

I would say especially now more than ever, we do have two pretty powerful Attack types with sX and lS; using them against things like D2, gK, gZ, and to a lesser extent aC isn't that risky if you know what you're doing. The problem is dF and mG generally speaking.

And that's interesting, although I do think the difference between solo testing and testing with two people/tournament battles should be noted. I found sX to be better against dF too (although maybe not as good as TriniacJ's tests indicate) when I tested solo, but found it to be pretty bad when I tested with 1234beyblade before our last tournament. Of course, results can vary ... but there really is so many variables to consider.
I agree on the differences when solo testing and 2 person testing
That's why I always launch the second bey when the other one is on the other side of the stadium, to help it be just a bit more accurate
Is it still worth it to get lS even after I got sX?
(Oct. 16, 2017  11:05 PM)ptf606 Wrote: Is it still worth it to get lS even after I got sX?

Yes, Legend Spriggan has much more stamina and is easier to use because it's balanced, plus the 7 disk it comes with is the best in the game