Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
(Aug. 21, 2011  9:28 AM)Chups Wrote: MF LLD BD145RF cannot beat Basalt BD145. The plastic prevents it. A plastic to plastic collision is hardly ever going to end in a KO. I think the only thing to beat basalt BD145 is MLDCH120XF.

Who told you this garbage? Have you not seen the thread? You probably are not using it right at all. Almost major tournament match I had and won using LLD BD145LRF was against Basalt BD145 combos.
(Aug. 21, 2011  12:38 PM)stevebak Wrote: well if your so sure of it use Stamina And Defence combos with other clearwheels, against Bull. Even With Basalt than comeback and talk? It is not like Basalt is Almighty to. Its a certain Combo's that Work well not all Basalt Based Combo' s are a succes.
are u serious
there are better clear wheels that Bull
theres Kerbecs and Aquario
are u mad?
certain combos?
most combos are basalt oriented

we dont use Bull for everything
IMO its outclassed by Aquario and Kerbecs
it doesnt even do as well as Kerbecs on Basalt

what are u on about son?
also why do i have to be so sure
have u not seen like the million tests saying Kerbecs is much better (its used in nearly every Basalt Combo)
(Aug. 21, 2011  12:39 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Who told you this garbage? Have you not seen the thread? You probably are not using it right at all. Almost major tournament match I had and won using LLD BD145LRF was against Basalt BD145 combos.

I'm sick of your attitude, actually, I'm sick of this whole damn thread.

How can you say that: "MF LLD BD145RF cannot beat Basalt BD145." Is garbage, when almost all tournaments these days are being dominated by Basalt? And please don't reply to this saying that "You're doing it wrong." because if a combo needs such a specific launch that only a few people can do it, then it really isn't a viable combo. You keep on saying that Basalt shouldn't be banned because hardly anybody at the tournaments that you go to use it. But if thats the case, why do you care?

This next bit is directed at all the people who are against the banning of Basalt.

Just because you are not affected by Basalts dominace, does not mean that it should not be banned.The banning of basalt would open up a wide variety of customs of all types, thus giving the meta-game the balance that it needs.

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this post, but I felt that I needed to state my opinion.
stevebak- If you check the Winning Combos thread, Basalt Horogium uncustomized or with minor part changes has won tourneys right now. :\
OK, this is it. Seriously this topic has not brought up much and I was totally expecting the stupid replies that have been posted so I personally would have closed it almost right after it got made ...

I am closing this now. If a Committee Member wishes to reopen it, go ahead, but for me that is enough.

If it remains closed, know that we will keep discussing it in order to hopefully come to a unanymous decision within the Advanced Forum and of course within the Committee. I hope you all grabbed this opportunity to say something about the issue if you had anything to say ...