[STD] MF-L Duo Cancer F230RDF

Wouldn't that be counterproductive though? Don't you tornado stall to avoid contact and sliding shoot to initiate contact? The only way that would be beneficial is if the first hit knocks them off balance, which is hard to do to this combo unless you hit it from underneath, which a Balro has a hard time doing, unless you bank really deep, but then you scrape. So how does this work?
With this form of sliding shoot, don't bank. Literally slide it directly onto the tornado ridge
Came across this thread once more, so I decided to do some tests, and in addition to that, a couple of calculations:

Battle Notes:

~ The rubber of RDF is in its prime, while Rubber Sharp, Rubber Flat, and Coated Sharp are, as well.
~ I'll be using a Hasbro Orange F230, most definitely being comparable to a good Takara Tomy one.
~ MF-L Duo Cancer F230RDF will be launched first all rounds, with an acception of the battles utilizing both MSF-H
Genbull Dragoon T125GCF and MSF-L Killerken Dragoon BD145GF's.

The Battles:

MF-L Duo Cancer F230RDF vs MSF-L Reviser Dragoon BD145RS:

MF-L Duo Cancer F230RDF vs MSF-H Balro Balro D125RF:

MF-L Duo Cancer F230RDF vs MSF-L Begirados Begirados BD145RF:

MF-L Duo Cancer F230RDF vs MSF-L Girago Girago BD145RF:

MF-L Duo Cancer F230RDF vs MSF-L Reviser Killerken E230CS:

MF-L Duo Cancer F230RDF vs MSF-H Genbull Dragoon T125GCF:

MF-L Duo Cancer F230RDF vs MSF-L Killerken Dragoon BD145GF:

I'd also like to mention that I only ended up doing ten rounds for the battles utilizing MSF-L Reviser Dragoon BD145RS, MSF-H Genbull Dragoon T125GCF, and MSF-L Killerken Dragoon BD15GF, as the outcome was looking like they'd go towards the same direction.

Anyways, here are the calculations:

Midnight's Testing Results:

Number of OS'S: 45/110 matches were won by OS, having roughly around 40 percent consist of it.
Number of KO'S: 1/110 matches were won by KO, having roughly around 1 percent consist of it.
Overall: 46/110 battles were won, with a 41% win rate as a result, too.

Wombat's Testing Results:

Number of OS'S: 77/160 matches were won by OS, having 48.125 percent consisting of it.
Number of KO'S: 2/160 matches were won by KO, having a 1.25 percent consisting of it.
Overall: 79/160 battles were won, with a 49.375% win rate as a result, too.

Echizen's Testing Results:

Number of OS'S: 16/60 matches were won by OS, having roughly around 26 percent consist of it.
Number of KO'S: None of Duo Cancer's matches were won by knockouts.
Overall: 16/60 battles were won, with roughly around a 26% win rate as a result, too.

DrPepsidew's Testing Results:

Number of OS'S: 6/40 matches were won by OS, having 15 percent consist of it.
Number of KO'S: 1/40 matches were won by KO, having 2.5 percent consist of it.
Overall: 7/40 battles were won, with a 17.5% win rate as a result, too.

Everyone's Results Combined:

Number of OS'S: 144/370 matches were won by OS, having roughly around 38 percent consist of it.
Number of KO'S: 3/370 matches were won by KO, having roughly around 1 percent consist of it.
Overall: 147 battles were won, with roughly around a 39% win rate as a result, too.

Hope these were appreciated, Wombat. This was a nice way to get to my 2000th post, as well, haha.
BD145RS is definately a terrible setup. Good job though.
Wow, thanks a lot, ~Midnight~. These are really helpful, especially the calculations. The E230 tests seem kind of unusual though, how close were the battles?

I'll add the tests to the OP.
(Aug. 29, 2014  1:26 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: BD145RS is definately a terrible setup.

Assuming you're right, haha. Although seriously, I seemed to get just about the same results using both RSF and CS, however, that can't prove much, as the two aren't top-tier, nor are they better than RDF on BD145 setups like those. I apologize if that specific test wasn't very valuable.

Wombat Wrote:Wow, thanks a lot, ~Midnight~. These are really helpful, especially the calculations. The E230 tests seem kind of unusual though, how close were the battles?

No problem, dude. I'm quite glad to see that I can help.

As for the E230 tests, the results were awfully close, however, CS was at more of an advantage, given it has more stamina potential than RDF.
TBH, I came up with somethign very similar to this when I had my Orange F230. It was unfunctional, but probably because I was using CS. Cool idea Wombat. Smile
Wow okay, so I thought this said Death Cancer F230 RDF at first & did 10 rounds of that vs Duo Cancer 230 TB & 10 rounds against Genbull Genbull SR200 TB. Needless to say, Death lost every single match... then I actually checked this thread & was like "Oh." So, to redo:
Genbull Genbull SR200 TB 8/10 (80% win rate)
Duo Cancer F230 RDF 2/10 (20% win rate)
And just for a comparison...
Genbull Genbull SR200 TB 6/10 (60% win rate)
Duo Cancer E230 RDF 4/10 (40% win rate)
Ties: 1

The idea is good and something I've experimented with as well (but with E230 RDF), but I'm not a huge fan of it because there are so many more reliable Duo and F230 combos out there.

Edit: Oh, & I used my Hasbro Orange F230 because that was what Wombat used in his tests. Honestly, the Hasbro F230s are better for less dynamic (stamina & defense) combinations than the Takara Tomy ones because the lack of movement makes them more stable.