SCARlet's 3D Printed Beyblade Reincarnations: BLACK DRANZER

(Oct. 29, 2016  10:14 AM)SCARlet Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2016  11:14 PM)Beylon Wrote: As an opinion, I'd say you're allowed.

But it's probably not worth worrying about, either way. I mean, taking pictures of CoroCoro and posting them here, scanning Beyblade Manga and posting them here (even with translations and modifications), making fan art for signiatures and avatars, posting links to pirated recordings of the show - all this is not exactly legal. Whether you make money from it (which the WBO does, technically) is not even relevant, legally. But in all cases, the matter is a "civil" issue which really means: it's only against the law if Takara-Tomy cares to press the issue. Which they won't.

In the past, Takara did indeed press the issue against a group who were manufacturing Beyblade parts to be used in direct concert with the Beyblade toys still on the shelves - at the height of Beyblade popularity at the time. These guys were making big money from a product Takara was still in the process of selling, see? But you wouldn't be doing that. Your actual design also appears different enough from the original that I doubt this would ever be a patent issue. Plus, I think the patent for this particular design has actually lapsed, in the States.

Only possible point of contention, I'd say, is your use of the trademark name - which is still registered. Will anyone care? I'd eat my hat if they did.

You're doing a service to Beyblade here - I'm confident everyone would applaud you for it.

Thanks for making things clear, Beylon. So it would be another story if I were to design new Burst Beyblades and sell them. Especially since Hasbro is selling them too for the moment...

I always love reading your posts Stupid.

man, it would be cool if you sold the file

(Oct. 29, 2016  10:14 AM)SCARlet Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2016  11:14 PM)Beylon Wrote: As an opinion, I'd say you're allowed.

But it's probably not worth worrying about, either way. I mean, taking pictures of CoroCoro and posting them here, scanning Beyblade Manga and posting them here (even with translations and modifications), making fan art for signiatures and avatars, posting links to pirated recordings of the show - all this is not exactly legal. Whether you make money from it (which the WBO does, technically) is not even relevant, legally. But in all cases, the matter is a "civil" issue which really means: it's only against the law if Takara-Tomy cares to press the issue. Which they won't.

In the past, Takara did indeed press the issue against a group who were manufacturing Beyblade parts to be used in direct concert with the Beyblade toys still on the shelves - at the height of Beyblade popularity at the time. These guys were making big money from a product Takara was still in the process of selling, see? But you wouldn't be doing that. Your actual design also appears different enough from the original that I doubt this would ever be a patent issue. Plus, I think the patent for this particular design has actually lapsed, in the States.

Only possible point of contention, I'd say, is your use of the trademark name - which is still registered. Will anyone care? I'd eat my hat if they did.

You're doing a service to Beyblade here - I'm confident everyone would applaud you for it.

Thanks for making things clear, Beylon. So it would be another story if I were to design new Burst Beyblades and sell them. Especially since Hasbro is selling them too for the moment...

I always love reading your posts Stupid.

man, it would be cool if you sold the file
man id love to buy the file!
How did you make the model from scratch? I am trying to make a Dranzer model so when I get a 3d printer I can 3d print it. Can you also release a model of the case for black Dranzer but instead for burst?
Amazing design SCARlet.
(Jan. 15, 2019  6:54 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Amazing design SCARlet.

I love the dranzer design so I got a template of a plastic gen and made dranzer. How does a bit beast work? I started beyblade in 2017 and found out about this at the end of last year so I have no idea how a bit beast thingy gets put on the attack ring.
(Jan. 15, 2019  11:49 PM)Sumarbrander12 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2019  6:54 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Amazing design SCARlet.

I love the dranzer design so I got a template of a plastic gen and made dranzer. How does a bit beast work? I started beyblade in 2017 and found out about this at the end of last year so I have no idea how a bit beast thingy gets put on the attack ring.

Bit Beasts don’t exist. They are symbolic in the show.
(Jan. 15, 2019  11:53 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2019  11:49 PM)Sumarbrander12 Wrote: I love the dranzer design so I got a template of a plastic gen and made dranzer. How does a bit beast work? I started beyblade in 2017 and found out about this at the end of last year so I have no idea how a bit beast thingy gets put on the attack ring.

Bit Beasts don’t exist. They are symbolic in the show.

I think he means the bit chip.
yeah I do mean bit chip

how do you put a bit chip on a plastic gen bey?

This is a good game for scratch:
What 3d printer was used to make black dranzer? I am looking for a good 3d printer for my models