Rubber on Rubber! Defensive Sticky Grip! RS VS RSF VS CS!

Recently I’ve noticed that throughout the forum people have come to the general consensus that RSF is superior in terms of defensive prowess then it’s predecessor RS. I’ve created this topic in an attempt to gain a definitive answer to which bottom should be the defensive staple.

CONDITIONS:
Both combinations were launched using a Beyblauncher and Customize Grip.
Standard Attack Stadium.
Defence combinations were launched at 90%.
Defence combination always laucnhed first.

TESTING:

RSF Results (Click to View)

RS Results (Click to View)

CS Results (Click to View)

*EDITED WITH CS RESULTS*

OTHER MEMBERS TETSING:

Kei's RS Testing (Click to View)

Kei's CS Testing (Click to View)

As the results indicate RSF performed slightly worse then RS though both bottoms struggled against a left spin combination but RSF in particular. It’s a fact that RSF has better balance there isn’t denying that but what RS lacks in balance is more then made up in pure defensive prowess and survivability. RS’s ability to take consecutive hits from an RF opponent and still continue to stay within the stadium is simply amazing, RSF seems to reproduce this astounding feat to some degree but fails when the attacking force increases compared to RS whom could withstand such an attack.

I don’t want these results to detract anybody from trying to track down a RSF as it’s still a great defence bottom producing much greater win rates compared to the current staple defensive bottom that the majority of the forum uses WB, but unfortunately RSF is outperformed by RS but far from being outclassed and disregarded from the MFB meta game.
Hmm... how hard were you launching the RSF custom?
About 90% as RSF doesn't move around quite as much as WB, I laucnhed RS at 90% as well as otherwise it would create unfair testing. Though I personally think that since RSF movement speeds aren't as high as WB it could be launched at 100% and still create fair testing results.

Another benefit of RS is that you can launch at 100% without having to worry about it circling to close to the tornado ridge and becoming KO'd easier.
RSF... I might try launching it at 100%, both banking, and into the tornado ridge. I think sending it full power into the tornado ridge would be best.
I'm somewhat surprised by these results. You'd think that the increased balance, surface area of the RSF Bottom, and thus the increased friction with the stadium floor would only increase it's Defensive capabilities. Did RSF move at all at 90% launch power?

(Nov. 30, 2010  2:14 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: RSF... I might try launching it at 100%, both banking, and into the tornado ridge. I think sending it full power into the tornado ridge would be best.

This might be worth trying, yeah.
I think RSF weak point is exactly the thing you'd call its advantage: the bigger surface area in contact with the floor.

RS has the ability to stay better on its place when hit, while when RSF is hit and tilted tend to move because of its wider surface area in contact with the stadium.
This brings sometimes the Beyblade with the RSF, especially when near or outside the tornado ridge, to get out of the Stadium.
Just quickly redid some of the battles with RSF while launching the RSF combo at 100% while banking it on the tornado ridge. The results are significantly better but RS still has a better win rate.

MF Gravity Perseus (Counter Mode, Right Spin) 90RF VS MF - Earth Bull GB145RSF
5 - 5: RSF's win rate 50%

MF Vulcan Horuseus 85RF VS MF - Earth Bull GB145RSF
5 - 5: RSF's win rate 50%

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100RF VS MF - Earth Bull GB145RSF
6 - 4: RSF's win rate 40%

I think DrigerGT hit the nail on the head with his assessment of RSF's ability. While RSF does have a wider surface area which allows RSF to have significantly better balance and allows RSF to 'roll with the punches' in a sense that it's able to absorb an opponents attacking force. RSF does have excellent defensive prowess but the material which it's made from doesn't create as much friction as RS and because of this RS is a better defensive bottom. When a RS defence combo is hit from a hard hitting attack combo RS seems to barely move with it rarely moving outside the tornado ridge even against Vulcan based combos, which results in an incredibly high win rate for RS.

Though for an RSF defence combo if it were to take the same hit with the same applied force a RSF defence combo would generally land outside the tornado ridge due to RSFs roundish shape which allows RSF to be pushed back far more easily towards the stadium exit compared to RS which grips to the stadium surface. Because of RSF's roundish shape and inability to grip to the stadium surface as effectively as RSF's counterpart RS, RSF's win rate is slightly lower then RS due to RSF landing closer to stadium exists which allows for far more easily obtained wins over RSF then RS.
(Dec. 08, 2010  11:12 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Though for an RSF defence combo if it were to take the same hit with the same applied force a RSF defence combo would generally land outside the tornado ridge due to RSFs roundish shape which allows RSF to be pushed back far more easily towards the stadium exit compared to RS which grips to the stadium surface. Because of RSF's roundish shape and inability to grip to the stadium surface as effectively as RSF's counterpart RS, RSF's win rate is slightly lower then RS due to RSF landing closer to stadium exists which allows for far more easily obtained wins over RSF then RS.

Aaah, this does make sense. Thanks.

Though, you mentioned before this about the material difference between RS/RSF. So the rubber used is different for both Bottoms?
(Dec. 09, 2010  4:59 AM)Kei Wrote: Though, you mentioned before this about the material difference between RS/RSF. So the rubber used is different for both Bottoms?

Adding onto this, how does the rubber on both compare to RF?
The rubber on RS feels a tiny bit softer so it's able to grip onto the stadium a little better.

I'd be interested to see other members testing if anybody else has a RS and RSF?
(Dec. 11, 2010  7:26 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: I'd be interested to see other members testing if anybody else has a RS and RSF?

I should be getting RSF (along with a ton of other stuff haha) in a week or two, so hopefully I can do some testing myself then.
I've edited the OP with some results of CS being used as a defensive bottom since there's a push for it to be considered top tier while removing WB from the list.

I've got more results comparing RS, RSF, CS and WB that I conducted for McFrown but I'll let him decide first on what he wants to do with them before I post the results.
(Nov. 29, 2010  11:59 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: MF Gravity Perseus (Counter Mode, Right Spin) 90RF VS
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS

4 - 6: CS’s win rate 40%

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100RF VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS
3 - 7: CS’s win rate 30%

This somewhat confuses me; the title says "A VS B", but are the results posted as "B Wins - A Wins"?

Other than that, thanks for the results!
(Dec. 13, 2010  11:09 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2010  11:59 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: MF Gravity Perseus (Counter Mode, Right Spin) 90RF VS
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS

4 - 6: CS’s win rate 40%

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100RF VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS
3 - 7: CS’s win rate 30%

This somewhat confuses me; the title says "A VS B", but are the results posted as "B Wins - A Wins"?

Other than that, thanks for the results!

Ha, you had good reason to be confused considering I had the results switched around Pinching_eyes_2

All fixed Wink
Did some CS testing.

Attack Stadium
Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher for both
CS custom always shot first at 100%
Banking with Attack type
Worn RF

MF Pegasis 145RF vs. MF Earth Aquario GB145CS
MF Pegasis 145RF: 2 wins
MF Earth Aquario: 18 wins
CS win percentage: 90%

Ray Pegasis II 100RF vs. MF Earth Aquario GB145CS
Ray Pegasis II 100RF: 1 win
MF Earth Aquario GB145CS: 9 wins
CS win percentage: 90%

CS is impressive. Most of the battles worked out just as Diamond described in his thread:
Diamond Wrote:The rubber on CS constantly helps by gripping onto the Stadium floor when the Bey tilted. This Bottom also gets caught into the Tornado ridge pretty easily, which helps the Bey from getting KOed.

Also, surprisingly, CS circling the Stadium for a few laps after getting hit actually proves to be helpful since Attack Combos moving in a flower pattern had trouble catching up with it and cannot deliver much hits.

Even when the opposing Beyblade was able to get it past the tornado ridge, the rubber of CS still held it in. And while in Attack Mode, it was even able to counter the opposing Beyblade's strike and send it flying out of the stadium.

However,

MF Lightning L Drago 100RF vs. MF Earth Aquario GB145CS
MF Lightning L Drago 100RF: 18 wins
MF Earth Aquario GB145CS: 1 win
1 draw
CS win percentage: 5%

MF Lightning L Drago 100RF effortlessly was able to KO the CS custom without any difficulty whatsoever. MF Lightning L Drago 100RF is also quite effective against RS, so this wasn't a surprise. All of this being said, I do agree that CS is better than WB.

Also, since nobody else ever really cares to test my MF L Drago 100WF ... I took it upon myself to do so!

MF L Drago 100WF vs. MF Earth Aquario GB145CS
MF L Drago 100WF: 15 wins
MF Earth Aquario GB145CS: 1 win
4 draws
CS win percentage: 7%

I wasn't sure how it would fare because CS is much taller than WB and L Drago having contact with the opposing Metal Wheel is such an important factor in it's success, but it did just fine, arguably even better than it does against WB.

Fyuuor, feel free to add these results, along with the results I posted in the RS Discussion thread to the OP.
Mc Frown Wrote:MF/MF-H Pegasis 85RF/R25
It came in the Super Deck Entry Set, it's obviously good enough.
You should test it.
Fyuuor Wrote:Here we are man, it actually did quite well.

WB Opponent:

MF Pegasus 85RF VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145WB
6 - 4: Pegasus’s win rate 60%

MF Pegasus 85R2F VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145WB
8 - 2: Pegasus’s win rate 80%

RSF Opponent:

MF Pegasus 85RF VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RSF
5 - 5: Pegasus’s win rate 50%

MF Pegasus 85R2F VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RSF

RS Opponent:

MF Pegasus 85RF VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RS
3 - 7: Pegasus’s win rate 30%

MF Pegasus 85R2F VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RS
3 - 7: Pegasus’s win rate 30%

CS Opponent:

MF Pegasus 85RF VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS

MF Pegasus 85R2F VS MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS
7 - 3: Pegasus’s win rate 70%
figured these were most practical here.
I've added your results to the OP Kei Wink

Thanks McFrown, I didn't want to post the results just yet as I wasn't to sure what you were going to do with them.