[Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States, 5/28/11] Graydon Beydown

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Venue: Graydon Park, in Ridgewood New Jersey. It will be on the blue bandstand. Registration starts at 10:00 AM, and ends at 11:30. The stage is a big blue stage which is behind the library. Map Here

Call or text me at 201-560-8229 if you're going to be late.

Attendees:
Cyber Blader (+2 if we don't meet 8 bladers, I'll have my parents register and play)
GPheonix
WhiteLightning
WhiteWave
KillerSpinner
earthbull9697
Ship(maybe)

Format: Full Round Robin, will be changed to block if we get over 20 people

The prizes are Ray Gil, Ray Unicorno, and Flame Byxis. 1st place gets first choice, then 2nd place gets next choice. 3rd place will get the beyblade the other two placers did not pick.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

We can't sell, its public property.
Good job everyone, this was a great tournament. I had a lot of fun. Congrats to the winners. It was really cool to see some new bladers. If anybody has any feedback on this tournament (mainly how it was run), I would appreciate that, as i want to know how my next tournament can be better.
Who won?
I believe KillerSpinner's match should have been done over. It was clear that his opponent was hitting his hand every round. This was not only recorded but witnessed by others as well. This should have been redone regardless of time management. One match doesnt take that long. It may not have changed the fact that KillerSpinner came in second, but it would have been much better for his win rate and bey points.

On the other hand, congratulations to everyone who came out and played. You all did GREAT and I had a REALLY great time helping everyone out. Congratulations to KillerSpinner and WhiteLightning for claiming first and second! I am REALLY proud of them and how much they progressed!

Standings:
1st: Bluezee
2nd: KillerSpinner
3rd: WhiteLightning

Note to self and all others who this may apply to: Great LT with a non-mint LRF =loss against stock Hell Kerbecs lol..that was my one loss..should have switched but I am happy to see everyone else happySmile.
So you ended up going after all huh bluezee?
(May. 29, 2011  12:50 AM)Ship Wrote: So you ended up going after all huh bluezee?

Yeah. Kind of a last minute thing. Turned out to be MUCH more fun than going anywhere else. Lots of happy faces at the end!
i think my CH120 matches should have be done over too Pinching_eyes i was playing with a broken part
(May. 29, 2011  12:52 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: i think my CH120 matches should have be done over too Pinching_eyes i was playing with a broken part

That broke at your last match. Luckily I caught that. Also, you forgot to get the 230 from me and you have my BBP wheel.
What was broken about it?
(May. 29, 2011  12:55 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(May. 29, 2011  12:52 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: i think my CH120 matches should have be done over too Pinching_eyes i was playing with a broken part

That broke at your last match. Luckily I caught that. Also, you forgot to get the 230 from me and you have my BBP wheel.

i dont think so beacuse my bey came apart 3 times which all i used ch120. i know i forgot it which makes me made cause i came home and immedialy went in to practicing and found a bunch of new combos to beat some of (non-230)the current meta combos. I am soo sorry ill give it to u tomorrow.

@ Cyber blader. the inside was cracked
(May. 29, 2011  1:01 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote:
(May. 29, 2011  12:55 AM)Bluezee Wrote:

i dont think so beacuse my bey came apart 3 times which all i used ch120. i know i forgot it which makes me made cause i came home and immedialy went in to practicing and found a bunch of new combos to beat some of (non-230)the current meta combos. I am soo sorry ill give it to u tomorrow.

@ Cyber blader. the inside was cracked

No problem. Just keep it together for me.
Sorry, it's very hard to tell when that kind of those things without looking closely. I checked the outside but did not think to check the inside.
Overall we had a blast today! (WhiteLightning and WhiteWave) Thanks for putting this together!!! It was great to see some of the regular faces and NEW ones too! It was great to be outside with the shade and nice weather. The round robin format was a nice change from the double elimination. I know it is a challenge to run multiple stadiums but the pace did pick up once we started with the second one, good call!
Nice job running it and we look forward to the next one in the neighborhood, please keep us posted, we'll try to bring some others next time.
Sorry we're almost a week late here, but my son had a great time. He lost one round to a kid that used a stock H. Kerb. that I supplied him with! LOL

**note to self, market your wares AFTER the tournament!!

Another loss against his "best buddy" that kept crashing into my son's hand during launches........Awkward as his dad was there and I felt I had to keep it cool in the name of neighborly love....

Other than the drama over whether or not 5th place is better than 2nd place at the end re: prizes and the host's mom beating me up over Rangers vs Devils in hockey, it was a pretty good day. LOL

Bluzee was great with the kids especially my son. Maybe that was because of his ride to and from the tourny in that luxurious limo! LOL I have witnessed a few of the "senior" members treating the young bladers well. I'm very sure this would be even more so if not for the hard work and patience it takes to host/run one of these things.
(Jun. 03, 2011  7:29 PM)KillerSpinner Wrote: Sorry we're almost a week late here, but my son had a great time. He lost one round to a kid that used a stock H. Kerb. that I supplied him with! LOL

Another loss against his "best buddy" that kept crashing into my son's hand during launches........Awkward as his dad was there and I felt I had to keep it cool in the name of neighborly love....

Other than the drama over whether or not 5th place is better than 2nd place at the end re: prizes and the host's mom beating me up over Rangers vs Devils in hockey, it was a pretty good day. LOL

Bluzee was great with the kids especially my son. Maybe that was because of his ride to and from the tourny in that luxurious limo! LOL I have witnessed a few of the "senior" members treating the young bladers well. I'm very sure this would be even more so if not for the hard work and patience it takes to host/run one of these things.
Who was judging that match? The judge should have been aware of the rule that states you may only take up half the stadium during launch.
(Jun. 03, 2011  7:41 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2011  7:29 PM)KillerSpinner Wrote: Sorry we're almost a week late here, but my son had a great time. He lost one round to a kid that used a stock H. Kerb. that I supplied him with! LOL

Who was judging that match? The judge should have been aware of the rule that states you may only take up half the stadium during launch.

Cyber Blader/
This was in May, the next one doesn't have a topic yet (We still need 3 more)
Wish I could come.
Can't because I'm pretty sure Ridgewood is far from Malboro.
If anyone knows otherwise, please tell me. Because I really, really want to go to a tournament!!! I don't even have a stadium. I play in a storage bucket or it's cover.
I bring my beys around a lot because I haven't met a serious blader.
Aw darn. I just searched on Mapquest...
I live an hour and a half away from Ridgewood.
Unhappy
I might be able to go but it's a 3 3/4 hour drive, sooo...
I'll get back to you on that. It's not like my mom could refuse since we're not doing anything...
(NO VACATIONS THIS YEAR!!!)
(That being a bad thing as we usually go to Cape Cod...)
(Jun. 23, 2011  12:53 AM)AcemorrSontakai Wrote: Wish I could come.
Can't because I'm pretty sure Ridgewood is far from Malboro.
If anyone knows otherwise, please tell me. Because I really, really want to go to a tournament!!! I don't even have a stadium. I play in a storage bucket or it's cover.
I bring my beys around a lot because I haven't met a serious blader.
Aw darn. I just searched on Mapquest...
I live an hour and a half away from Ridgewood.
Unhappy

Well, Marlboro NY is 1 hour away, Marlboro NJ is 1 hour 8 minutes, and Marlborough MA is 3 1/2 hours away, so what Marlboro are you talking about?
(Using Google Maps' shortest routes)
(Jun. 19, 2011  2:59 AM)Cyber Blader Wrote: This was in May, the next one doesn't have a topic yet (We still need 3 more)

Oh, that's embarassing... whens the next thread going to be up?
(I thought it said 7/28/11)