Revizer Genbull SA165 (Defense) CS

Yo, made this combo and did a ton of testing -.-

This combo is a stamina-defense hybrid. I prefer these over any type of combo mainly because they can beat both attack and defense, I kinda threw the parts together and voila.

All tests were done in BB-10 with string launchers, left and right.

Testing against Duo Cygnus 230 D best 3/5 link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQR4Kyeu...e=youtu.be

Parts Explanation :

Revizer: Low recoil, good synergy with Genbull for defense and mild stamina.

Genbull: Arguably the best stamina Chrome Wheel, and has performed significantly well for defense.

SA165: Dat LAD yo. Something this combo would need in the case that it may (and would) fall over. Providing some lower defense and mild stamina.

CS: Probably the defense tip with the most stamina, I've also had a surplus of experience with this tip and how to utilize it to it's fullest potential.

Tests :

Genbull was launched first for the first half of the 20 tests for each combo unless stated otherwise. Percent values are equivalent to Genbull's win rate. Top data is from Genbull 1st launch, bottom data is other combo 1st launch.

VS. Duo Cygnus 230 D 95%
(RG 10 WINS ALL OS)
(RG 9 WINS ALL OS, DC 1 WIN ALL OS)

VS. Duo Cygnus W145 WD 85%
(RG 8 WINS ALL OS, DC 2 WINS ALL OS)
(RG 9 WINS ALL OS, DC 1 WIN ALL OS)

VS Phantom Cygnus W145 WD 90%
(RG 9 WINS 8 OS, 1 KO; PC 1 WIN ALL OS)
(RG 9 WINS 7 OS, 2 KO; PC 1 WIN ALL KO)

VS Phantom Cygnus 85 MF 45%
(RG 4 WINS ALL OS, PC 6 WINS ALL OS)
(RG 5 WINS 4 OS, 1 KO; PC 5 WINS ALL OS)

VS Diablo Kerbecs R145 R2F 65%
(RG 7 WINS 5 OS, 2 KO; DK 3 WINS ALL KO)
(RG 6 WINS 3 OS, 3 KO; DK 4 WINS ALL KO)
2 Self KO's no contact .

VS Wyvang^2 AD145 R2F 70%
(RG 8 WINS 6 OS, 2 KO; WW 2 WINS ALL KO)
(RG 6 WINS ALL OS, WW 4 WINS ALL KO)
2 Self KO's no contact .
2 Ties redone.

VS MF-M Scythe Cygnus 90 RS 100%
(RG 10 WINS ALL OS)

VS. Wyvang^2 BD145 RSF 75%
(RG 6 WINS 5 OS, 1 KO; WW 4 WINS ALL KO)
(RG 9 WINS ALL OS, WW 1 WIN ALL KO)

VS MF Duo Leone BD145 RB 100%
(RG 10 WINS ALL OS)

VS Revizer^2 BD145 RSF 100%
(RG 10 WINS ALL OS)
Alt. Launch, RG on ODD

VS Revizer^2 E230 (Upper) RB 100%
(RG 10 WINS ALL OS)
Alt. Launch, RG on ODD

VS MF Phantom Cygnus E230 (Upper) BWD 75%
(RG 7 WINS 5 OS, 2 KO; PC 3 WINS ALL OS)
(RG 8 WINS ALL OS, PC 2 WINS ALL OS)

VS Wyvang Dragooon BD145 R2F 100%
(RG 10 WINS 9 OS, 1 KO)
Honestly, what even.

VS Killerken Dragooon BD145 RDF 0%
(RG 0 WINS, KD 10 WINS ALL OS)

VS Wyvang Dragooon 100 R2F 55%
(RG 6 WINS 4 OS, 2 KO; WD 4 WINS ALL KO)
(RG 5 WINS ALL OS, WD 5 WINS ALL KO)
Okay, this combo is really fun and I did this test for giggles XD (IT'S SO FAST!!!)

I will take testing requests, I will say if I have the parts to test certain combos. But I will not test stupid combos. Such as but not limited to:
Evil Gil 230 Q
Revizer^2 R2F
Fang Susanoow AD145 WD
Etc.
Good job with all this testing, this combo sure seems great! Especially seeing those results against stamina!

Could you test against Wyvang Dragooon SA165 (Attack) R2F and some Balro Balro combo (I can't remember at the moment which were good, something with MF I think lol).
Nice combo!
But you never tested against right spin Synchrome attackers.
Tri
The Balro Balro combo your thinking of is Balro Balro CH120R2F.
theblackdragon has a testing thread for it.
No, Tri was thinking of Balro Balro TR145MF.
If you got another SA165, could you test Revizer Orochi (yeh) SA165W2D?? It OSed Kracka Drigoon BD, just an innocent request.
HOLY CARP!!! SA165 takes down Wyvang?? One second...

*3 hours later*

testing testing testing. Joyful_3

Vs. Attack

Vs. Stamina

BTW, nice thread. Wink Very clearly formatted... so much easier to read. XD
We are using parts that CAN be worn down, one must factor that in because it can drastically differ results between members. If I had a second SA165 or a second Balrog, I'd have the ability to test the two combos stated above. @theblackdragon: Would you like a video VS Duo Cancer? Testing against left spin stamina is really useless. I also wouldn't take it as discrediting, just a list of variables that would differ and sway (lol) results.
(Sep. 18, 2013  7:45 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: We are using parts that CAN be worn down, one must factor that in because it can drastically differ results between members. If I had a second SA165 or a second Balrog, I'd have the ability to test the two combos stated above. @theblackdragon: Would you like a video VS Duo Cancer? Testing against left spin stamina is really useless. I also wouldn't take it as discrediting, just a list of variables that would differ and sway (lol) results.

Sure! Smile A more aggro CS can actually OS better than a calm one sometimes (as tested here), and if your D is rounded, or your Duo is a different mold, then it could switch the numbers up a bit...

Actually, now that I think about it, it could've been Cancer vs. Cygnus. Do you have a hasbro Cygnus or a Takara one? IIRC Takara Cancer does better than Hasbro Cygnus (or Takara Cygnus, for that matter).
I have both for both hah. I used Takara Cygnus though Smile
Whoa whoa whoa, there is no way Reviser Genbull (which, speaking from experience, has horribad balance) on a rubber tip could take down top-tier stamina by OS, much less that consistently. I'm also confused how anything on the defense-light CS and the overly tall SA165 could defeat Wyvang Wyvang so much more consistently than BD145RDF.

While it's refreshing to see this number of tests put into a thread, I have to say that some of these results seem way too good for whatever reason.
(Sep. 19, 2013  9:50 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Whoa whoa whoa, there is no way Reviser Genbull (which, speaking from experience, has horribad balance) on a rubber tip could take down top-tier stamina by OS, much less that consistently. I'm also confused how anything on the defense-light CS and the overly tall SA165 could defeat Wyvang Wyvang so much more consistently than BD145RDF.

While it's refreshing to see this number of tests put into a thread, I have to say that some of these results seem way too good for whatever reason.

Totally agree here... I don't have Genbull yet to test this myself, and it looks promising, but there's no way a Balance type could get all those OSes against Stamina. KOs I could understand, but straight out OSes? No way.

Oh, and Ingulit, I've found that Stamina/imbalance can vary quite widely from person to person, simply due to subtle mold differences or something. For instance, my Balro Synchromes beautifully with my Begirados, but in the testing requests thread, Striker Phantom commented that, from his experience, it had poor balance. There's more on the subject in that thread. linky
Lol. Okay guys, I tested and it happened. I even told Kaboom!!! that I didn't expect to get even 20%. Honestly it was really weird. Once I'm done with my chip today I'll do the video for you guys Smile
@Ingulit: Em... he didn't actually do a benchmark, so we can't really compare this thing to any other defensive combo based on his results... I did one though. I must say that it does have poor defense in comparison to most defenders, but it's noticeably greater than any conventional stamina type I've ever seen.

Adding onto what Cake said, I had to switch parts around until I got the right measure of balance. It still didn't come very close to OSing Duo. Confused

However... CS has had huge success with Genbull stamina combos before (Genbull^2 SR200CS), and SA165 has pulled some impressive numbers in both tournaments and formal testing...

IMO, it's possible that maybe, just maybe, if one's Reviser and Genbull balance out nicely, it could OS a Duo combo if Duo was a below-average mold and had a rounded D or something.

But yah, I wouldn't pull this out against Duo in a tournament. XD

It makes it seen like a tag or something ._. My Duo is heavily used though, so that May have been why
Sorry for double post, testing vid against Duo Cygnus 230 D is up.
This seems pretty good. Do you mind testing vs. Gryph Wyvang 85 R2F?
I will do this tomorrow as soon as possible. Shoot me a PM around 4PM and I'll see if I can get around to it.
I am also going to add tests for another low Dragooon attack combo. Begirados Dragooon 105 R2F
If you could italicize my name, that would make me happy lol.

This may seem kind if dumb, but did you try SA165 in attack mode beforehand? Just picturing it in my mind like this makes it seem like it might have some better defensive potential then but I guess this is just a shot in the dark.
The problem is, the only reason SA165 in its regular mode crushes 145 is because it smashes down on it. When in ZGA Mode, it can't do that. Unhappy
Pretty much what Shinobu said XD And it wasn't meant to be a top-tier stamina or defense type. Hence, me calling it a hybrid.
(Oh and thanks ShinobuXD)
How can wd bd145r2f not ko this thing? Did youeven use the wide launch?
Yes, yes I did.
It's like, I did some video testing just now, and that was vs Reviser Reviser BD145RDF. Wyvang won like 6-4. If RDF loses to That combo, how can CS not be won over?

I'll try to test with Killerken as a substitute for genbull.
Killerken doesn't have the stamina or defense, I'll do testing also.