Reflux Fiction

Reflux Fiction (Also referred to as Reflux Books when accepting offers to write suggested books) is a home-run writing and internet publishing company. We work to bring the Web good fiction, and have recently started a site. Unfortunately, we are non-profit, and cannot afford a normal domain, so we are forced to use Webs.com. We ask that you don't hold this against us, and visit our site at http://www.refluxbooks.webs.com. We appreciate your consideration, and hope to see you reading our works soon. Recently, we released Reflux's inaugural book, Convert: Escape and Survive. I would greatly appreciate it as Reflux's founder and chief author that you would read the book, and post feedback either here or the site itself.
So I just read the first story. It's absolutely amazing, however it is a bit hard to follow who's saying what at times. I suggest you make that clearer. But other than that, great job man! It's amazing for a high schooler.
Well, thanks! It looks like I did very well. I'll fix that soon. It may take a while, being Reflux Fiction's only active writer.
Within the next week, I will be posting the progress on The Tactician on the site. By then, we should have an extra chapter or so. Look forward to it, and until then, post feedback on Convert in the forums!
overall, the stories are nice to read but i got some problem about the conversation. sometimes its hard to know who talk to who. i think that is all the problem of that story. overall. i enjoyed the story. does it have part 2 or something and i just do not get it. why does the sister doing all of this???Eee
The conversations in the story work in a back-and-forth fashion. Normally, there are only two characters conversating, and as a result only need initial prompting. Saying "he/she/I said" sounds clunky to me, so I omitted it to make the story more immersive and realistic. (As in: Coming from the narrator as if he was actually there.) The reasoning for Julia's actions is stated twice. She was bored, and felt that the world needed cleaning. It also didn't help that she wanted to be a goddess.
(May. 27, 2011  8:36 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: The conversations in the story work in a back-and-forth fashion. Normally, there are only two characters conversating, and as a result only need initial prompting. Saying "he/she/I said" sounds clunky to me, so I omitted it to make the story more immersive and realistic. (As in: Coming from the narrator as if he was actually there.) The reasoning for Julia's actions is stated twice. She was bored, and felt that the world needed cleaning. It also didn't help that she wanted to be a goddess.

if she wanted to be the goddess of the world, why she didn't killed her brother?
i like the story. does it come in part two because i just didn't get to see the Kimura boy to use his full power man beside the healing his done. XD
Oh, she tried. Sometimes luck beats power. In fact, it usually does.
(May. 28, 2011  5:10 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: Oh, she tried. Sometimes luck beats power. In fact, it usually does.

man, too bad. from your description in the story, she's really beautiful XD
Ah well. I'm not sure if this is on topic, so if you'd like to discuss the book, the site has it's own forums. I'll start a thread for it soon.
The first three chapters of The Tactician are up, so please check them out on the site. It's under "Previews"
I'm about to finish and post the next two chapters of The Tactician. I just finished, and they should be up in five minutes.
I left a few mind-blowing surprises on the site, and by Popular Demand...Convert's getting a sequel! Two new Convert books are in the works right now, and previews are coming soon! Imagine, sequels, new chapters (Oops, did I let that slip?), and a few twists to The Tactician that will Blow. Your. Minds!
I didn't feel like putting it on the site, but I'll post it here as a bonus to my WBO readers. I am about to finish up the first Chapter of the new Convert book, Converted: The Answer, and I will post it within a week as a preview! Feels nice to read here. The Sequel will get a preview this month also. Naturally, I'll tell you guys first, but I've got a lot on my plate right now, so it won't be up for another two weeks.
Went back and fixed the few grammar issues. If you catch any mistakes, leave it on the site, or PM me.
There! Chapter one of that sequel Peace asked about is up! You'll find a few surprises (Mostly that the character's personalities have not changed. At all.) But there's another one I won't spoil here. You'll thank me for it. Yeah, I know, I promised the Eli retelling first, but I decided to do this preview first instead. I'll finish the Eli retelling first, though. The first chapter is just a sneak peek to keep you interested.
It's been a wild ride, but I'm finally finished with The Tactician. This is so awesome! The thing is such a long book, but I won't put it on the site just yet. Instead, I'm putting it on Otaku Space first. I'll post it on the site in three days.
I've got to ask, but I doubt I'd get an answer. Those of you who have read The Tactician on Otaku Space, do you want to see a sequel, or do you think that the idea has wrapped itself up well, and there is no point in revisiting the book?
Okay, I need some input from my readers. I am wrestling with two choices here, one of which is a new property entirely. The two stories are:

Andromeda 108: A story of a teenager by the name of Ken finds a near-omnipotent robot, who goes by the name of Andromeda Type A-108. Because of the way Andromeda was manufactured, she (The robot) immediately sees Ken as her owner and overall master. As a result, the person that Andromeda was originally going to alerts the manufacturer, who controls all of Earth's trade, so in order to eliminate Ken, they send out her 9 working prototypes. Of course, things wouldn't be this simple. His childhood friend, Gina, also received a slightly more updated version of Andromeda, Andromeda Type A-109, and helps Ken out occasionally. They also try to help the two Andromedas attempt to live normal lives as if they were human to avert suspicion, but it's kinda hard when one can't figure out how to use crayons! (I like this one. A lot.)

Enemies of the Trust: A sequel to The Tactician, where radicals who believe that Luther's death was unjust rise to seize power from Terry's mother. After successfully expelling the kids and Terry's mom, they desperately need to find out how they tore through the whole guard in three days and learn to fight back, or else the War of Anima will repeat itself. (I really wanted to call it the War of Anime...)
So, which one sounds best?
So, I just got a PM from Sparta, and I'm glad to announce the newest member of the team! At first, he politely declined the offer, but apparently had a change of heart. (Good timing too. I JUST renovated the site last week...) But I was almost flooded with work, so I did need another writer. Namely because people had seen my style of writing, and as a result, it would be best if another writer helped. So, I want to say congratulations to Sparta, and thanks for joining the team!
Okay, now I have a somewhat big announcement to make. I have decided that it would be a pretty good idea to release some of the shorter stories and certain series of books as one big collection. That way, it'd be large enough so you could actually call it a "book", and not just a story. I should be done by...August 6th or so? Maybe the 9th, but it'll be done by the 15th definitely. Of course, it'd be released on the site with a few original stories, and MAYBE an alternate ending to an existing story. MAYBE. I'm not too keen on the idea of alternate endings, they ruin the idea, but I do have a few ideas. I'm just testing the water to see how many people would read the whole thing, due to the entire thing being about as long as your average book: 100-120 pages.
(Jul. 02, 2011  8:18 PM)Temporal Wrote: So, I just got a PM from Sparta, and I'm glad to announce the newest member of the team! At first, he politely declined the offer, but apparently had a change of heart. (Good timing too. I JUST renovated the site last week...) But I was almost flooded with work, so I did need another writer. Namely because people had seen my style of writing, and as a result, it would be best if another writer helped. So, I want to say congratulations to Sparta, and thanks for joining the team!

i wouldn't mind helping with Reflux Fiction, after all you joined Renegade Reviews! im pretty sure your familiar with my work...
I've ressurected this thread.. YES!XD
Why not? In fact, I was actually looking for an excuse to necro this thread anyways. And then there were two...

Oh! And I'm working on a new book, called Where the Angel Sings. Essentially, Iin Tatsuno, a college student in Kyoto, Japan, is WAY down on his luck. He's been having misfortune thrown his way since he was small (Including one particular incident the year before the book's start though it has little to do with the actual story.), and can do nothing to change his luck, though he enjoys helping people. One day, after a misunderstanding leads to more misfortune, he happens to come across something that will change his life. An angel, who claims that there are certain "Patrons" that control aspects of everyone's life. Well, as it turns out, he is granted three wishes to make up for the fact that he was essentially the patrons' plaything, and they want nothing more than to see how miserable they can make him. Again, another thing stands in his way. The angel, named Rui, is abnormally selfish and self-centered, and only seems nice when she doesn't have to lift a finger. Animosity flies, and before he knows it, Iin's life if flipped upside-down. Just a thought I had when people were talking about Heaven. I tend to not listen, being atheist, but for once, I paid attention, and thought "Why can't an angel not be such a great person? Don't they have negative emotions too?" And that's where this idea came from.
Sounds very interesting. I'd like to read what you do with the idea.

Wow, I really, really need to update my story on RF. Oops, totally forgot!
No problem. I'm probably going to have to cancel on that sequel to Convert. I just can't build on the story any more, well, not without bringing Julia from the dead, which is REALLY cliche. Ehhhh. Oh, well. I'm also pretty stuck on Andromeda 108, but I'll get that done soon.