Ray Joker's Galaxy Pegasis Draft! (Ready for Checking)

Sounds good, I'll add that in!

Somecommittee want to look this over?

anybody?
(Feb. 05, 2012  5:45 AM)Dan Wrote: Sounds good, I'll add that in!
Somecommittee want to look this over?

anybody?

Yeah, I think it's pretty good. Hopefully our resident Dark Magician can give it a look over soon, seeing as he said he'd be working on the wiki this weekend!

Who knows?
He might be tangled in a Trap Card!
On a more serious note: More feedback to refine this article would be appreciated!

Come one, come all!
Step right up and take a try at this Beywiki Article.
I wouldn't say r2f's stamina is "greatly decreased" compared to rf. Other than that I have little to add. you could say the CW has some defensive use due to its weight?

Oh, and " in actual battle it is very restrained"
Should probably be, "in battle, it is actually very restrained"

Other than those minor things, Kei should get himself in here already jeez
Quote:Face: Pegasis
The Face depicts Pegasus, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Pegasis II
• Weight: 3.1 grams
Pegasis II depicts the wings and heads of Pegasis, much like the previous Pegasis Clear Wheel. On each of the wings shows the letters P-E-G-I, short for Pegasis, in a red color.

Metal Wheel: Galaxy
• Weight: 29.4 grams
Much like Pegasis and Storm, Galaxy's main shape consists of three rounded, wing-like forms intended to depict the wings of Pegasis, and each wing has two separate protrusions. There are four indented separations on each wing, complimented by three curved ridges on the top and five small spikes on the bottom. Each of the undersides are hollow, making Galaxy very light.

Though Galaxy has a very violent appearance, in actual battle it is very restrained; it is unable to deliver a great amount of Smash even at high speeds, primarily because of its light weight and rounded protrusions. As such, Galaxy is easily outclassed by other Attack Wheels of it its time and not recommended to be used competitively.

Track: Wing 105
• Weight: 1.2 grams
Wing 105, or W105, consists of two curved wing-like fins that slant downwards, similar to DF145. The main purpose of this Track is to push air upwards to provide extra Stamina, but the effect this Track produces is negligible, therefore it has as much competitive value as a regular 105 track. W105 should only be used in the absence of 85, 90, and 100 in both Stamina and Attack customizations.

Bottom: Right Rubber Flat
• Weight: 0.8 grams
Right Rubber Flat, shortened to R²F, is–competitively speaking–the most vital part of this Beyblade. R²F is very similar to RF, and is an overall upgraded version of it. R²F consists of six curved rubber spikes that face to the right intended predominantly for use in right-spin combos. This new design creates more traction with the stadium floor, causing it to move more quickly than its predecessor, RF. However, its stamina is decreased due to the increase in speed and friction compared to the original RF. This also means an R²F will wear down faster than an RF.

Since this is a rubber Attack Bottom, a new R²F is harder to control than a new RF, mainly because it moves much faster. This makes RF a good choice for controllability and stamina, while R²F is a better choice for speed and power. Like RF however, it is essential to wear the rubber of R²F before competitive use, as this allows the Beyblade to spin into a "flower pattern" more easily. A clear sign that shows when an R²F is in its prime is when the indented lines that form a star shape inside R²F's perimeter are nearly gone.

Use in Attack Customization
R²F can be utilized in any situation where RF would be used to increase overall speed and power. MF Blitz Unicorno CH120R²F is a great example of this; Blitz has zero Stamina, so it must always aim for a KO as quickly as possible. The additional speed and power of R²F can help to accomplish this.

Other Versions
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F - BB-75 Deck Entry Set (Turquoise Green)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F - BB-76 Galaxy Pegasus DX Set (Clear Ver.)
Galaxy Pegasis GB145MS Black Hole Ver. - CoroCoro Limited Edition (Black)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F - WBBA 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Prizes - (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F - BB-92 Booster (Clear Ver.)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F- Hasbro: Triple Battle Set (Opaque Sky Blue Clear Wheel, Red Metal Wheel)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F- Faceoff: StarBooster Attack (Dark Red with Blue Details)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F- Hasbro: Ultimate Gift Set: (Opaque Light Blue)

Overall
The only notable part of this Beyblade–R²F–more than makes up for the other lackluster and outclassed parts. It is essentially an upgraded version of RF in terms of speed and power, and considered to be better for most situations. Every Blader should own multiples of this Beyblade.

Trimmed/re-worded some things, but overall, this was quite well done! My only real addition content-wise was a small description of why exactly R²F would help the something like MF Blitz Unicorno CH120R²F.

I was just about to say this should be good to go, but ... A section for the mold variations in R²F should be added. Can someone add one? I don't know where each mold came from/when/etc.

Also, I know we have pictures of regular Galaxy Pegasis, but when this is put up, someone, feel free to add a picture of Galaxy Pegasis GB145MS Black Hole Ver., or any of the other pictures to the article under the "Other Versions" section (similar to what was done in the Libra DF145BS article, for example). Or, if you actually have one of the variations, feel free to take add a set of pictures of it to the article (similar to what was done in the L Drago 105F article).
Hasbro's release has slightly softer rubber and lacks a bar, Takara-Tomy's has harder rubber and a bar. The hasbro one "stalls" in place more often as a result.

Someone can write that up properly and throw it in, I'mma go work on another plastic rewrite in the vague hope the wiki will ever have the numerous errors in its plastic articles corrected...
Yo, got some info on R²F, it has 3 molds.
Mold 1: TT/SK Original Release
Mold 2: Hasbro Original Release
Mold 3: Hasbro GanGan Galaxy Set Release

Don't have mold one soooo couldn't get pics (I assume they're already up, if not I can take photos of Galaxy Pegasis)
Mold 2: http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9013/p2250101w.jpg
Mold 3: http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4500/p2250102.jpg
Think it should be mentioned that there are slightly different molds. Mold 2 is also "shaky" as in the rubber part moves. Mold 3 doesn't do this (like Mold 1)
Yo, thanks for reminding me!

If everyone is okay with it, I'll put it up like right now/soon with that added info from Rai!

Thanks for that Rai! I can get some TT RF mold pictures up considering I just found my RF from my old URS.
(Feb. 26, 2012  1:09 AM)Dan Wrote: If everyone is okay with it, I'll put it up like right now/soon with that added info from Rai!

Sounds good. Just make sure to add in a short description for the Mold Variations section, rather than simply copy/pasting what Raigeko posted. The difference between each mold should be described.
You got it.

Will do this later today when off Mario Party duty with my little brother, haha.

Yo, question: I've gotten a TT R²F with a bar as it was just released, so I'll go and assume that is mold 1.

If that were true wouldn't that mean Hasbro released this mold too? So then the title would be ==Mold 1 (Takara/Hasbro/Sonokong)== ?

Or am I just mixing this up after long hours of Mario Party?
Yeah, that's mold 1. Hasbro haven't released one with a full bar yet, it's just TT/SK.
Mold 2 is the well known hasbro one which allows the tip to "wobble" in place, causing "stalling" at the start and end of the match (where instead of moving, it sort of vibrates in place). From what I can gather (check this with Rai, or someone, perhaps), it was released in all of the releases up to the gangan galaxy set (I think there's a starter, booster, and the three-pegasus set with cyber, storm and galaxy, and there may be others in the recolour packs)

Mold 3 is hasbro being ridiculous (seriously, why NOT complete the bar guys?) and was released in the gan gan galaxy set, and seems to act like a barred R2F/mold 1.