Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Mar. 16, 2012  2:06 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: As iffy as I am about this site, their anime pages are not terrible

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Zeo_Zagart

I dont know about all of you, but the amount of references in MFB drawn from this one character are outstanding.

And something I had no idea about; Zeo's manga counterpart was apparently named LEON! And in both the anime and manga he is XIII years old!

Grin

Leon; you're not supposed to give away that you're actually Zeo/Leon Wink

Either way, I'm glad you've found a page in our wiki that you think isn't terrible Smile
I do like the majority of the anime pages you have, although I will always perfer beywiki to beyblade wikia when it comes to the actual bey articles.

Not that I do not trust you, but is there a citation for Zeo's manga name being Leon?

I want to chang by username so that it it has a "Z" in it somewhere..sadly, my name used up all of the avaliablle characters...
The actual name (not his own though) is spelt "ZO", not Zeo ...

But yes, trust me, his real name is Leon.
If I remember correctly, it is possibly implied that the boy that Zo was created to replace was not actualy named Zo himself. However the same implication exists for the opposite to be true, that both share the same name.

Was the spelling "Zo" in both the anime and manga? I could have sworn that the anime name was "Zeo". Are Zo and Zeo pronounced the same?
Leon's brother died in a car accident, but Zaggart learned about the Holy Beasts' power and did everything he could to make Leon work a lot so that he could steal all of them, and he got his brother's name seemingly only because Zaggart clearly wanted a replacement for his lost, other son.

Yes, it was written "ZO" on a board somewhere in the anime, and it is always "ZO" in the manga. Yes, they are pronounced the same way.
So in the manga, the boy who died in the car accidnet was named "Leon", and his robot counterpart is named "ZO" (pronounced Zeo). Now you call them brothers, do you mean so in a non literal way? ZO is a recreation of Leon, not a relative, right?

In the anime however, Leon is never mentioned, and Dr Zaggart only said that his real son died in an accident of some kind (i believe it had something to do with lightning? or maybe a lab accident?) and that ZO was made to be just like him. However it is unclear what the real son's name was (in the anime only anyway)

I wonder if people thought i named myself after the manga Leon...hehe, I assure you all up until now I had no idea Grin
No. The ZO we know is actually called Leon, and the boy who did is the real ZO. In the manga they appear to be relatives, Leon is not a robot.
In the manga, ZO dies, and his brother, Leon, is given his brother's name by his father? Does this mean Leon forgot about his brother? (Did his father reveal the truth to Leon in a way similar to that of the anime even though the truths are different from anime to maga?)

And in the anime, ZO is a robot built to be and act like his father's son who was unnamed and died by uknknown means...

Impressive story telling! Haha, I do rememeber back in the day thinking how ZO being a robot was jumping the shark a bit
In the future you should be able to learn all the details about it.
(Mar. 17, 2012  4:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The actual name (not his own though) is spelt "ZO", not Zeo ...

So his name's really pronounced "Zettoe"? Japanese pronunciation for "Z" is "Zetto", and the added "o" would just blend with the "o" in "Zetto". Though, I guess they could do some weirdness and just call him "Zee-oh".
(Mar. 18, 2012  6:23 AM)To Wrote:
(Mar. 17, 2012  4:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The actual name (not his own though) is spelt "ZO", not Zeo ...

So his name's really pronounced "Zettoe"? Japanese pronunciation for "Z" is "Zetto", and the added "o" would just blend with the "o" in "Zetto". Though, I guess they could do some weirdness and just call him "Zee-oh".

It's spelled "Zo", but the characters in the anime pronounce his name as "Zei-oh". I looked up the last few episodes of V Force in Japanese and watched them to be sure. If his name was actually "Z", then it would be pronounced "Zetto".
It is indeed pronounced "zay-o", but written "ZO".
(Mar. 18, 2012  6:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: In the future you should be able to learn all the details about it.

I wonder...could this mean...you are going to...

DJ - Fab!
dem Japanese ratings:

*3.2%(*2.8%) 03/04 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
*1.6%(*1.6%) 03/04 (Sun) 8:45am-9:00am TV Tokyo Cross Fight B-Daman

B-Daman? More like B-Duhratingscancer.
3.2 ? Damn, I do not even remember the previous seasons of Metal Fight Beyblade getting that much on average.
Indeed, I was actually shocked to see it doing so well.
Do you have any idea around which episode it started doing so well, or was it just for that episode ?
For the month of February:

*2.8%(*2.2%) 02/26 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
*2.2%(*2.9%) 02/19 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
*2.9%(*2.8%) 02/12 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
*2.8%(*3.6%) 02/05 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D

January:
*3.6%(*2.8%) 01/29 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
*2.8%(*2.7%) 01/22 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45AM TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
*2.7%(*3.3%) 01/15 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
*3.3%(--.-%) 01/08 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D

I have no clue as to what brought up the ratings. The series used to hover around the 2.0 mark.
It used to be even less as far as I know. I often saw 1.x ...
(Mar. 18, 2012  12:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is indeed pronounced "zay-o", but written "ZO".

Oh wow, I never knew that!
I always thought it was supposed to be "Zee-oh"

Considering the fact that Z is pronounced as "Zee" in many countries (in others they say "Zed"),
ZO is quite plausible. Smile

As for the ratings, wow those are quite fantastic! Its true that it never managed to get such high ratings, but probably something good happened in the anime which led to an increase in ratings, or something bad happened to the other animes which indirectly led to the increase in ratings...
How is the anime going to possibly explain all of the differences in the 4D system and Metal Fury beyblades caused by Hasbro? Will everything have to be drawn originally instead? Or will the anime just stay the same and confuse every kid out there? I can't even begin to expect things in beyblade nowadays..
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but it's quite a big deal for the anime.
For sure things cannot just be changed easily in the anime, so it will probably remain the same and confuse everybody.
That's what I thought :\
*sigh* We'll get an entirely new wave of people saying "PC FRAME?! LOLWUT?! 4 MODES? BUT IT'S ONLY ONE METAL WHEEL!"
Or, the dub version is over edited. Place high bets on many cut out and edited scenses, as well as re-written dialouge that makes no sense whatsoever

Special Move: Cosmic Pegasus Final Drive! Tired
Obviously we might have already suspected it because of the recent news, thanks to To, that Metal Fight Beyblade 4D had very good ratings, but a source seems to claim that it really was only cut to fifteen minutes to accomodate B-Daman.