Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

What was the reason Takafumi couldn't use the plastic saga universe?
It's better to do something new would be the most obvious answer. Everything from the plastic era was already played out too. They already had three series with those characters. It is also less complicated to start something from scratch than explain how beyblades from the plastic series which were large suddenly reduced in size to become metal series beyblades.
(Dec. 26, 2012  3:04 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Zero is most likely twelve years old, maximum thirteen, and all the other characters of his generations have similar ages too. Nobody is near eighteen years old at all ...

You changed your avatar, Kai-V. I almost didn't recognize you Gasp

On topic: Well, Kira is presumably older than Zero by few years. Just like Ryuga was older than Ginga. Sadly, nobody has a real proof to confirm/deny that.
They were only owned by 5 people in the whole of that universe so obviously not worldwide. (your sig is really distracting!)
(Dec. 28, 2012  7:10 PM)Hagane Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2012  7:06 PM)Ultra Wrote: It's better to do something new would be the most obvious answer. Everything from the plastic era was already played out too. They already had three series with those characters. It is also less complicated to start something from scratch than explain how beyblades from the plastic series which were large suddenly reduced in size to become metal series beyblades.

What about the HMS Beyblades from G-Revolution ?
Surely that would've eased the transition into the Metal Series Beyblades that we see now, only they would've been based on the beasts from the original Bakuten Shoot (Dragoon, Dranzer, Driger etc.) rather than the constellations of present.

Yeah they could've explained the Metal Beyblades as coming from the HMS but I guess Ultra is right using a new universe is more simplified.

But I mainly meant why couldn't we have had the new cast Ginga, Kyoya and the gang to be part of the old universe allowing the older characters to appear in cameos.
What would be the point exactly? The kids who watch the new series wouldn't have a clue who they are since there had been like a 5 year break.
(Dec. 28, 2012  7:09 PM)Jirachi Wrote: You changed your avatar, Kai-V. I almost didn't recognize you Gasp

On topic: Well, Kira is presumably older than Zero by few years. Just like Ryuga was older than Ginga. Sadly, nobody has a real proof to confirm/deny that.

Presumably ? Ryuuga is really about the same age as Ginga, by the way.
Incase someone doesn't know, Ginga and Ryuga does use Wing Pegasis and L-Drago Guardian before in the manga. (It's in a special chapter!).
This has already come up before and was proven wrong.
(Dec. 29, 2012  2:45 PM)Hagane Wrote: Does it bother anyone when the characters are talking, mention Yuu and you think that they are talking to somebody in the group but they aren't. It just gets to me. Yuu know ? Tongue_out

Yes, especially since that is not how 'Yuu' is supposed to be pronounced.
(Dec. 29, 2012  4:12 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2012  2:45 PM)Hagane Wrote: Does it bother anyone when the characters are talking, mention Yuu and you think that they are talking to somebody in the group but they aren't. It just gets to me. Yuu know ? Tongue_out

I find it quite funny that they mention Yu and you haha but how is it actually pronounced?
(Dec. 29, 2012  5:10 PM)InfinityBlader Wrote: Btw, I can't see it on my iPad. Try the link if you can't, too: http://instagr.am/p/T029lXw1mZ/
Yeah but they don't actually use them in battle at least I've never heard of them being used in the Manga this was just a promotional image

Out of curiosity, how would you pronounce Yuu then? It might be because I'm not a native English speaker, but I don't hear a difference when I listen to the Japanese dub and compare it to the English word 'you'
[/quote]
Yeah but they don't actually use them in battle at least I've never heard of them being used in the Manga this was just a promotional image

[/quote]

I would took more pics but I'm at the airport now. I'll be back in 5 more days.
Saying they weren't in the manga means they weren't used by Ginga or Ryuga in the manga which they weren't. Maybe they were in something that was an offshoot from the main manga but I doubt it. That does look like a promotional image too.
(Dec. 30, 2012  1:43 AM)AppleBlossoms Wrote: Out of curiosity, how would you pronounce Yuu then? It might be because I'm not a native English speaker, but I don't hear a difference when I listen to the Japanese dub and compare it to the English word 'you'

It is so not within the English language that I really have no idea how to write the pronunciation ... If you speak French, you necessarily know.
(Dec. 30, 2012  1:43 AM)AppleBlossoms Wrote:

Out of curiosity, how would you pronounce Yuu then? It might be because I'm not a native English speaker, but I don't hear a difference when I listen to the Japanese dub and compare it to the English word 'you'

I may be incorrect, but the correct pronunciation of "Yuu" accents BOTH 'u's, instead of blending the 'u' sounds together. On the other hand, the 'o' and 'u' of "you" blend together to form a single 'u' sound, which is slightly deeper than the 'u's in "Yuu". I hope that helped! Grin
I really want the Vs the Sun movie to be dubbed! Not that I have a problem with it being Subbed it's just I'd rather watch it in English
It was French Dubbed, so I can imagine it being English dubbed at some point.

On another note, does anyone know where I can obtain the three volumes of the "Saint BLADERS" Manga released back in 2002? It was never published in English, but I'm interested in just seeing the books so the Beyblade Community can actually learn about it. So far, I've only got as far as researching the Characters and Plot, nothing more at all, so if anyone knows where I can get them, I'd be most pleased.
What is that? Never heard of it.