Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

when you'll have zero g manga chapter 2?
(Apr. 27, 2012  8:04 AM)beywheel Wrote: when you'll have zero g manga chapter 2?

Early in May. It came out only twelve days ago.
First time I saw Tsubasa in Zero G I thought.

"OMG he cut his hair! and has taken some fashion tips from Julius Caesar/Julian Konzern" Chocked

I don't mind Tsubasa's new hair style, I think it suits him either way - short or long.
But I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw what he was wearing.

And also... ITS GOOD TO BE BACK! I've missed WBO. XD
One day I was watching Metal Masters and when Madoka was scanning Ray Gil 100RSF on her labtop, she said Rubber Spike Flat instead of Rubber Semi Flat and I was like: Chief - Uh. Epic fail
(Apr. 29, 2012  5:00 PM)ReallyRandomTJ Wrote: First time I saw Tsubasa in Zero G I thought.

"OMG he cut his hair! and has taken some fashion tips from Julius Caesar/Julian Konzern" Chocked

I don't mind Tsubasa's new hair style, I think it suits him either way - short or long.

LOL! Welcome back! I haven't seen Zero-G yet. I just typed in 'tsubasa zero g' on google images, and he looked hilarious! He actually looked kinda preppy, and sorta americanized. I prefer the brainless, long-haired, Native American, eagle obsessed Tsubasa... but Zero-G Tsubasa did look funny!
(Apr. 29, 2012  7:33 PM)Fakirs Duck Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2012  5:00 PM)ReallyRandomTJ Wrote: First time I saw Tsubasa in Zero G I thought.

LOL! Welcome back! I haven't seen Zero-G yet. I just typed in 'tsubasa zero g' on google images, and he looked hilarious! He actually looked kinda preppy, and sorta americanized. I prefer the brainless, long-haired, Native American, eagle obsessed Tsubasa... but Zero-G Tsubasa did look funny!

I'm pretty sure Tsubasa in Zero-G has Ryuusei/Ryo's job at the WBBA now? If so... I'd understand the suit. And the more control able and neat new hair style.
This morning the English Dub for the episode "The Guard Dog of Hades: Kerbecs" came on, and it was awesome albeit kinda sad to watch Julien lose all of his confidence like that. Even still, it was kinda bittersweet when Damian told him to admit he was weak and then laughed at him as he kneel on the floor in pain. Anywho, I liked it and it kinda intrigued me so I watcdhes some of it again and realized that Damian's voice was done by Charlie Schlatter, who voices Kick Buttowski for those who've watched that show. He does a good job at sounding kiddish and then getting a very evil tone. Great 'sode anyway!
(May. 06, 2012  3:25 AM)UGottaCetus Wrote: This morning the English Dub for the episode "The Guard Dog of Hades: Kerbecs" came on, and it was awesome albeit kinda sad to watch Julien lose all of his confidence like that. Even still, it was kinda bittersweet when Damian told him to admit he was weak and then laughed at him as he kneel on the floor in pain. Anywho, I liked it and it kinda intrigued me so I watcdhes some of it again and realized that Damian's voice was done by Charlie Schlatter, who voices Kick Buttowski for those who've watched that show. He does a good job at sounding kiddish and then getting a very evil tone. Great 'sode anyway!

I really like a whole lot of what Damian's actor is doing with his performance. He's played as such an arrogant, snobbish brat, in a way that makes me truly dislike his character for all the reasons I'm supposed to. I normally love villains, so this is a rare feat.

I don't know who the actor is, but I do know that his is not Charlie Schlatter, as Beyblade uses Toronto voice talent. Schlatter works out of the Los Angeles area, and is great actor in his own right. I really enjoyed his work as Dr. Mindbender in G.I. Joe: Renegades, and the little I've seen of Kick Buttowski. He was also very, verrrrry close to being the original voice for Fry in Futurama.
Oh, ok, well whoever that guy is, he sounds a LOT like Schlatter...
Going through and watching G-Rev in full for the first time, and it is actually a really good season, though IMO Tyson spending most of the tournament trying to get over the fact he's champion and people want to beat him - something he already faced in V-Force, was a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, I'm watching ep 128 (I think) - Familiar Faces. I don't know what's up with the dubbing in this episode but two points -
Ray walks into the old community beycentre or whatever, and sees Max
Ray: What are you...
Doing Here?

And his next line after that finishes well after he's stopped speaking.

Then, there's Raul and Julia going back to the circus, and
Julia: "Loooong Tiiiiiime.
Sincewe'vebeenheeeeere."

Maybe I just have a bad copy or something, but it's very odd how it happens in between words, not mid-word, every time.
The Ray & Max part was indeed correct, as to my copy.

What are you...... doing here. Aha,
(Jun. 02, 2009  3:54 PM)Ash Wrote: V-Force is absolutely terrible. I can't make AMV's with them. I'll die making a V-Force AMV.

there OK like they're not bad
That was from almost three years ago... Please, check the dates on posts.

Probably worth mentioning, given all the hate it gets, that V-force is still my favourite series. Perhaps it's partially because beyblade was at its best in terms of customization at that point, but I've also always been a huge fan of the Bitbeast idea since I was a kid (and I still have my love of bit stickers, haha), and while the overt focus on them rather than spinning tops was what put a lot of people off (and to be fair, G-Rev was definitely better balanced in that sense, though too little "GIANT SCARY MONSTERS" for me), but to me, it made it more appealing.

I vaguely recall a thread discussing that, so hopefully this is in the right place, I just figured while I'm here, haha.

Though, as I said, I enjoyed G-Rev a lot more once Tyson and Daichi stopped fighting all the time, I mean, I found Tyson frustrating enough in the first two seasons without a more concentrated clone of himself there... And I guess that was what put me off watching all but the BBA vs BEGA League parts of the season, but yeah, now I have, I guess I may as well type out my thoughts.
The character development on a larger scale was nice, though I wish there was more of the bladers who didn't blade (particularly Michael or whoever it is who owns Trygle 2 - never stopped being quite about being the best but never actually competed in the tournament), and some of the stuff in the dub is off (for example, the Allstars vs White Tiger X battle was said to be "the PPB AllStars last chance before elimination", yet that was their next battle, and that was not the only time it occured).

I also think that Barthez Batallion basically losing every single game of every single match after firing Barthez was a pretty bad message to send.

Lastly, the way Kai lost to Tyson in their match was rather anti-climactic and out-of-character for Kai. It was played up as his "life's work", and him just falling over comparatively easily (and especially seeing Dragoon GT with a rubber tip outspin Dranzer GT), was kinda dumb IMO - I personally would've ended it with two draws in a row, with neither blader able to continue at the end (though it could have raised questions about a tiebreaker between Kenny and one of the Blitzkrieg Boys, I'm assuming neither of the remaining Blitzkrieg Boys would have a beyblade left after Kai finished with them - though Kenny winning the championship for the BBA Revolution would be a neat twist) Tyson doesn't lose his champion status, and I think it would've been a better lead-in to the second half of the season, as well as not making their rivalry seem a bit odd - Tyson wins the majority of encounters (if not all, IIRC), which honestly seems pretty lopsided.

Another perspective to Nelvana's bad edits for the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade dub : there is no way anybody would call Volkov by his first name. He was an adult, he had been deeply intimidating kids too. Even Kai does not refer to Takao by his first name. Volkov is the sort of person you want to avoid getting familiar with ... "Volkov" sounds a lot more like a last name, at least.
Good point. It's also an awesome surname.

Still, in defense of the dub (or perhaps in defiance of my own poor taste), I still love the addition of Brad Best and AJ Hopper - The dialogue between them is legitimately hilarious at points. Perhaps their awkward relationship appeals to my particular sense of humour, but more than once has it caught me off guard and sent me into fits of laughter.

Their comments just matched the "cheesiness" of the dub episode titles and all the other bad jokes that were added in that removed actual dialogue, so overall, the Beyblade anime fanbase who knew about the Japanese version did not appreciate the addition of those two commentators at all.
Just found out that Saizo was owned by Tyson's brother in the manga as well as all the metal beyblades. How many beys does a guy need. Also was there any explanation about how he got all of those? I really wish his beys other than Metal Driger had appeared in the anime. In the manga he was there the whole way through which I think they should have done with the anime too.
Same here in the brazilian version of Bakuten series. Not only commentators make jokes, but Tyson says "cara" (dude) most of the time. Maybe because the translation for brazilian-portuguese was based in the american version.
(May. 13, 2012  12:47 PM)Ultra Wrote: Just found out that Saizo was owned by Tyson's brother in the manga as well as all the metal beyblades. How many beys does a guy need. Also was there any explanation about how he got all of those? I really wish his beys other than Metal Driger had appeared in the anime. In the manga he was there the whole way through which I think they should have done with the anime too.

From what I remember, Jin makes them himself.
So, I was wondering something: Am I the only one who thinks Wales and Sophie as siblings? Chocked_2
Seeing they have completely different nationalities it appears strange to me. Sure, they could have grown up in different countries with separated parents, but it appears a bit of a stretch to me, personally...
(May. 19, 2012  10:13 PM)Mayuka Howard Wrote: So, I was wondering something: Am I the only one who thinks Wales and Sophie as siblings? Chocked_2

I believe that Sophie and Wales, Conzern's Twin Jewels, are a married couple!!! ^•^ They are so darn cute together!!!
(May. 13, 2012  12:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Their comments just matched the "cheesiness" of the dub episode titles and all the other bad jokes that were added in that removed actual dialogue, so overall, the Beyblade anime fanbase who knew about the Japanese version did not appreciate the addition of those two commentators at all.

I didn't see this originally, haha.

Mmm, true, I haven't watched many episodes of the Japanese version, but honestly there is a lot of humour in their dialogue that is more sly than cheesy (that I certainly didn't get as a kid, haha).

(May. 20, 2012  1:43 AM)Fakirs Duck Wrote:
(May. 19, 2012  10:13 PM)Mayuka Howard Wrote: So, I was wondering something: Am I the only one who thinks Wales and Sophie as siblings? Chocked_2

I believe that Sophie and Wales, Conzern's Twin Jewels, are a married couple!!! ^•^ They are so darn cute together!!!

I can't imagine them as a couple, I just look them as brother-sister @.@ Seeing them as a pairing looks a little awkward to me. Worst enough, they doesn't have a surname.

By the way, anyone noticed Sophie is more developed than Wales? Author-preference, anyone?
am i the only one wanting to see more "beasts" fight in beyblade....