Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Oct. 03, 2018  11:46 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: We had this in a comment section a while ago, but random Burst questions:

Why do people hate Norman?
Why doesn't Rantaro participate in the tournaments after Royals all the way until the final battle with the NYC Bulls?
Who'd win between Norman vs Xhaka?
If Sasha lowkey had a Gaia bey, then why the hell didn't the writers play that up more.? Gou and Gaia is a boss.
How can Val use Rush Shoot but not Flash Shoot, Shin Flash Shoot in God?
Why is Free the only stamina blader without just the Stamina draining special move?
How did Daigo lose to Joshua by still having two Burst layers? Free would've just beaten Daigo again.
Why didn't Kensuke join a team? Or Daigo's team at the very least?
Triple Impact vs Cyclone Counter? Could the former beat it?

- It's not that I hate the character, I just find him really bland, his role as Gold Eye really isn't looked upon that much, he himself hasn't got a design or personality that sticks and overall he just feels like filler for the Tournament arc.
- No idea, it is odd how Rantaro never participated yet but Sasha and Hickson did before him. There was no reason, nor any build up for his return. Perhaps he was too weak or not the right guy to fight? I'm convinced that the only reason he even participated was laser guided karma on Yellow Eye.
- Xhaka definitely. Xhaka somehow wins against many opponents, like Joshua. I'd imagine that even with Upper Crash, Xcalibur would Triple Impact in midair and burst it.
- Sasha just happened to have a Gaia, it's a generic beyblade. Sure, it's unique to her but in the end it isn't really an important beyblade. I don't recall her even referring to it as "Gaia". Hickson and Stan are the same case really.
- Good question. Perhaps it was outdated? Otherwise it works well with Reboots whole idea so there was no reason not to use it IMO. Though I guess Rush Shoot takes more advantage of the bound layer.
- He isn't. In fact, Ghasem has never Spin Finished an opponent ever, he's always used the diving kick move.
- I don't exactly know what you mean by two burst layers.
- He's probably got a ventriloquist job going on that going abroad would hinder that. It's not like he'd stay in Japan if he joined the world league.
- Triple Impact probably. I would say Cyclone Counter could smash it down but Triple Impact is extremely powerful, and perhaps could knock Xcalibur upwards should the sword be forced down. Also, Xcalibur bursted Satan with it, Jinnius Cyclone Counter hasn't IIRC.
In super z I think shu don't battle much because if he get to competitive in a battle spryzen requiem could take over him a again that why he is going to get a new spryzen. I am probably wrong but it was just a thought.
Turbo/Chozetsu
-They got a different actor for a grown up Valt...weird.
-Still can't believe Nate Wants to Battle did the opening theme song. I think opening 3s for both english and Japanese are really good.
God/Evolution
-Kinda dumb Slash got changed to whip.
-I'm really glad Silas feels like the tritagonist of the season after Free and Valt. Seriously, he's not going to make it to the finals, but he got to beat Joshua, and Chris/Cris/Kris/Kristina/Christina cheering him on+promising to make BC Sol gain the recognition really shows how much you can do despite not being the focal character. Well out of the 7/8 main advertised main characters, only Rantaro got the least the focus.
In Evolution 44 they cut out Cuza's scream of frustration for Valt's monologue. I'm kinda pissed right now.
(Oct. 21, 2018  7:04 PM)Limetka Wrote: In Evolution 44 they cut out Cuza's scream of frustration for Valt's monologue. I'm kinda pissed right now.
CENSORSHIP!!!!!!! Which was  completely unnecessary.
(Oct. 21, 2018  9:14 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2018  7:04 PM)Limetka Wrote: In Evolution 44 they cut out Cuza's scream of frustration for Valt's monologue. I'm kinda pissed right now.
CENSORSHIP!!!!!!! Which was  completely unnecessary.
Other than that, if anyone remembers, in the English dub, Shu vs Jin Aizawa they removed the scene where Shu switches his grip from left to right!!!! 
What could be a reason for that?!
They even removed the scenes from the District finals of Valt vs Shu when Shu is trying to move his arm but due to too much he can't..
This is too much censorship.. They take away very precious scenes.

And, I am kinda freaking out because of Hearts's tongue now.. It's just too flexible XD
(Oct. 22, 2018  4:43 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2018  9:14 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: CENSORSHIP!!!!!!! Which was  completely unnecessary.
Other than that, if anyone remember's, in the englsih dub, Shu vs Jin Aizawa they removed the scene where Shu switches his grip from left to right!!!! 
What could be a reason for that!
They even removed the scenes from the District finals of Valt vs Shu when Shu is trying to move his arm but due to too much he can't..

And, I am kinda freaking out because of Hearts's tongue now.. It's just too flexible XD

and the NEW face of Kyle ( in the preview for ep 31 )
(Oct. 22, 2018  4:46 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2018  4:43 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Other than that, if anyone remember's, in the englsih dub, Shu vs Jin Aizawa they removed the scene where Shu switches his grip from left to right!!!! 
What could be a reason for that!

and the NEW face of Kyle ( in the preview for ep 31 )
You are right.. That is just out of nowhere. His face is just totally random.
(Oct. 20, 2018  8:20 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Turbo/Chozetsu
-They got a different actor for a grown up Valt...weird.
-Still can't believe Nate Wants to Battle did the opening theme song. I think opening 3s for both english and Japanese are really good.
God/Evolution
-Kinda dumb Slash got changed to whip.
-I'm really glad Silas feels like the tritagonist of the season after Free and Valt. Seriously, he's not going to make it to the finals, but he got to beat Joshua, and Chris/Cris/Kris/Kristina/Christina cheering him on+promising to make BC Sol gain the recognition really shows how much you can do despite not being the focal character. Well out of the 7/8 main advertised main characters, only Rantaro got the least the focus.

wait Nate actually did the dub opening i didn't know that im really surprised.
(Oct. 22, 2018  4:43 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2018  9:14 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: CENSORSHIP!!!!!!! Which was  completely unnecessary.
Other than that, if anyone remembers, in the English dub, Shu vs Jin Aizawa they removed the scene where Shu switches his grip from left to right!!!! 

don't forget they removed Wakiya taking off his weights when he battles Valt in the District tournament.
(Oct. 23, 2018  8:42 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2018  4:43 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Other than that, if anyone remembers, in the English dub, Shu vs Jin Aizawa they removed the scene where Shu switches his grip from left to right!!!! 

don't forget they removed Wakiya taking off his weights when he battles Valt in the District tournament.

And the fact that they changed Ruwei’s bowstaff to green in ep. 25(ish)...
Come to think of it, they censored a lot of that episode.
I think they will remove kyle's face because of censorship!XD
(Oct. 23, 2018  8:42 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2018  4:43 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Other than that, if anyone remembers, in the English dub, Shu vs Jin Aizawa they removed the scene where Shu switches his grip from left to right!!!! 

And even when he battled Zac.. 
I don't get the point of censoring such scenes...
Especially Shu just switching his grip! That was too much.
Seriously, it was weighted training gear, and removing it just makes the whole scene flow uneven.

Other Random Thoughts (Sorry if I'm doing this too much, don't have much conversations with Beyblade fans on g+ or tumblr)
Some people were accusing Valt of getting too much focus back in God because he defeated both Ruwei and Xhaka. I don't entirely disagree since watching Valt defeat the Big 5 like Sisco one at a time was cool, but man I wish Rantaro and Cuza had another chance to battle Ru Wei because around the International/God Blader's Cup, I think they could take him.
We need a Kenta like character as a lead. Beyblade leads aren't bad (hell I like Sho from Beywheelz) but with Aiga being a "balanced" blader, having a timid but realistic stamina blader as a lead would be interesting and lead to all kinds of crazy stuff.
I miss Houi.
Kensuke....did he rank in the top 20 Beyblade characters? If he didn't then mechokku cuz I thought everyone loved Kensuke.
That Nintendo Switch game....we need Hasbro to bring that here!
As much as I miss Zac, we haven't had to deal with homophobia in the community, but I'd still be willing to fight them again if that means Zac will return.
Alright one more opinion:

The International Bladers Cup would be much more interesting with Daina instead of Norman.
(Oct. 26, 2018  8:41 PM)Limetka Wrote: Alright one more opinion:

The International Bladers Cup would be much more interesting with Daina instead of Norman.

Agreed. I'd love to see him go all out against Joshua again. But assuming Daina be in the A Block, I think his last battle against Shu could be him trying and failing to snap Shu out.

I think they should've just do 16 bladers instead of 12  by putting daina, wakiya, kensuke(I mean come on he deserve it) and Zac ( another great character shaft by the writers despite him like kensuke has a god bey but never used) plus I think it's unfair for Zac for not have been in the god series the guy was top 5 in the 1st season barely lose to valt and plus his the only one from the supreme 4 shaft although his not inferior I dare to say his better than both ruwei or Joshua in my personal opinion.
(Oct. 26, 2018  10:17 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:

I think they should've just do 16 bladers instead of 12  by putting daina, wakiya, kensuke(I mean come on he deserve it) and Zac ( another great character shaft by the writers despite him like kensuke has a god bey but never used) plus I think it's unfair for Zac for not have been in the god series the guy was top 5 in the 1st season barely lose to valt and plus his the only one from the supreme 4 shaft although his not inferior I dare to say his better than both ruwei or Joshua in my personal opinion.
almost everyone is better than Ruway and Joshua,haha
(Oct. 26, 2018  10:17 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:

Speaking of which, wasn't Zac in the top 10 when Valt and Rantaro checked the world rankings? And I agree, this should've been a 16 match. Daina made it to the semi finals and I'd love to see a rematch between him and Joshua, Zac really would've shaken things up and a battle between him and Free would be AMAZING! 
Zac vs Joshua would be a masterpiece.

(Oct. 26, 2018  8:53 PM)Jinbee Wrote:

Agreed. I'd love to see him go all out against Joshua again. But assuming Daina be in the A Block, I think his last battle against Shu could be him trying and failing to snap Shu out.

Consider Sisco is the Sixth Ranger of B Block, if it was upgraded to 16 bladers, I think Daigo could make it since he barely lost to Joshua.
Actually, adding the 4 bladers above, it could be
Block A
Valt
Shu Eye
Cuza
Boa
Norman
Kurtz
Kensuke
Wakiya
Block B
Free
Lui
Joshua
Ruwei
Joshua
Sisco
Zac
Daina

Side thought, what if Fubuki is the one who ends with Cho-Z Spriggan/Spryzen?
(Oct. 28, 2018  5:29 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:

I highly doubt it since Fubuki has a different battle style, and it would just be weird for him to switch like that.
(Oct. 28, 2018  6:17 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2018  5:29 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:

I highly doubt it since Fubuki has a different battle style, and it would just be weird for him to switch like that.
I agree with jimbee on that one plus they keep teasing shu so not giving him spriggan would be a suprised considering how popular he his. and It would be a better choice to give formeus a new evolution if they wanted fubuki to have a stronger bey. I don't think their gonna shaft forneus to give the new spriggan to fubuki I know they did it for both xcalibur, ragnaruk and kerbeus (which I think it's lazy rather than give them a different beys to the new characters) but fubuki started with a cho z bey which is not from a previous
Owner unlike the others,  fubuki won't ditch forneus.
(Oct. 28, 2018  7:23 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2018  6:17 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I highly doubt it since Fubuki has a different battle style, and it would just be weird for him to switch like that.
I agree with jimbee on that one plus they keep teasing shu so not giving him spriggan would be a suprised considering how popular he his. and It would be a better choice to give formeus a new evolution if they wanted fubuki to have a stronger bey. I don't think their gonna shaft forneus to give the new spriggan to fubuki I know they did it for both xcalibur, ragnaruk and kerbeus (which I think it's lazy rather than give them a different beys to the new characters) but fubuki started with a cho z bey which is not from a previous
Owner unlike the others,  fubuki won't ditch forneus.

To be fair Valt, Lui and Free used theirs and Xhaka borrowed his for a while.
But yeah, it was a weird though, although my basis was partly because most of Fubuki's special moves have similarities to the previous Spriggan beys.
So we're about 31 episodes in Super Z and I don't see much Souh and Houi focus anymore, like, they're meant to be in the main cast if the intro tells us anything, but so far, Houi hasn't been around the gang for about eight episodes now and Souh sort of just comes and goes. If Xhan was supposed to be part of the main cast (because he sure feels more like it) it would make sense, we usually have Fubuki and Ranjiro but where are Souh and Houi?