Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Sep. 26, 2016  5:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, Aaron and Mathilda get used in almost any language though, not just in Germany.

Miguel's original name is Mihael, by the way.

I didn't know that Miguel's original name Mihael is. Mihael is a slavic name. vorname.com says that Aaron is a German name and Mathilda comes from the old high german words "Maht" which means might/mighty and "hiltja" meaning fight(er).
What beyblade nika and tokonatsu have? I think Nika is (brown/orange) K2 Knuckle Unite and Tokonatsu (Magenta) R2 Force ____?
Do Advance Striker, Advance Guardian, Advance Eterner, Advance Averazer, Samurai Changer MS, Jiraiya MS, Round Shell MS, Phantom Fox MS, Aero Knight MS, Thunder Serpent, Sea Drake, Slash Riger MS, Shining God MS and Bloody Devil MS have any owners?
(Sep. 28, 2016  9:04 PM)TL14 Wrote: Do Advance Striker, Advance Guardian, Advance Eterner, Advance Averazer, Samurai Changer MS, Jiraiya MS, Round Shell MS, Phantom Fox MS, Aero Knight MS, Thunder Serpent, Sea Drake, Slash Riger MS, Shining God MS and Bloody Devil MS have any owners?

Dragoon MS, Dragoon MSUV and Dragoon MF - Tyson Granger
Draciel MS - Max Tate
Einstein MS/Hopper Attack MS - Kenny
Driger MS - Ray Kon
Dranzer MS and Dranzer MF - Kai Hiwatari
Gaia/Strata Dragoon MS - Daichi Sumeragi
Wolborg MS - Tala
Death Gargoyle/Dark Effigy MS - Miguel
Thunder Dragon MS - Tenmaru Shishi

Others-
Rock Bison MS (Resembles Advance Averazer MS) - Rick Anderson
Seaborg MS (Resembles Advance Striker MS) - Spencer
Falborg MS - Bryan Kuznetsov
Galeon MS - Lee
Torch Pegasus/Thunder Pegasus MS (Resembles Sea Drake MS) - Raul and Julia
Pierce Hedgehog MS (Resembles DEMS, not Samurai Changer MS!) - Mathilda

Wyvern DJ never made an appearance, but was mentioned to be owned by Blader DJ.

Hope this helps. Smile

EDIT: Zera No problem
(Sep. 28, 2016  9:22 PM)PlayGoEveryday Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2016  9:04 PM)TL14 Wrote: Do Advance Striker, Advance Guardian, Advance Eterner, Advance Averazer, Samurai Changer MS, Jiraiya MS, Round Shell MS, Phantom Fox MS, Aero Knight MS, Thunder Serpent, Sea Drake, Slash Riger MS, Shining God MS and Bloody Devil MS have any owners?

Dragoon MS, Dragoon MSUV and Dragoon MF - Tyson Granger
Draciel MS - Max Tate
Einstein MS/Hopper Attack MS - Kenny
Driger MS - Ray Kon
Dranzer MS and Dranzer MF - Kai Hiwatari
Gaia/Strata Dragoon MS - Daichi Sumeragi
Wolborg MS - Tala
Death Gargoyle/Dark Effigy MS - Miguel
Thunder Dragon MS - Tenmaru Shishi

Others-
Rock Bison MS (Resembles Advance Averazer MS) - Rick Anderson
Seaborg MS (Resembles Advance Striker MS) - Spencer
Falborg MS - Bryan Kuznetsov
Galeon MS - Lee
Torch Pegasus/Thunder Pegasus MS (Resembles Sea Drake MS) - Raul and Julia
Pierce Hedgehog MS (Resembles DEMS, not Samurai Changer MS!) - Mathilda

Wyvern DJ never made an appearance, but was mentioned to be owned by Blader DJ.

Hope this helps. Smile

Thank you a lot. Grin
Who would win in a battle between Ray (Driger MS) and Garland (Apollon) and in a battle between Max (Draciel MS) and Mystel (Poseidon)?
What exactly are you required to do to get a seat like Zak has? :v Because I'd really like one~
You know, surrounded by rainbows n' all... ♥

[Image: dtjsr.png]
Hi guys! for you, what is the best season of Beyblade?
What are the names of the Beys from Team Spintensity and the Renegades? From what countrys are the members of these two teams. Also the Bey of Pedro looks a bit like O2. lol. I personally think the Savage Slammers are from the Galapagos Islands because iguanas, galapagos turtles and galapagos sea lions are animals that live there and since they got their Blades from those animals and are from the same team I think they all come from the Galapagos Islands and also Kai said that "the Slammers are from THE island" which indicates that they come all from the same island and that they come from an island and also the Galapagos Islands lay in Equador which is a country in America where most of the participants for the America Tournament come from. Smile
Recently, I ordered Crunchyroll's Premium Mystery DVD Box Set because I am slowly delving into the anime world, having watched a few classics so far and I thought that box set would give me the opportunity to discover some anime I would not have necessarily found out about otherwise. Of course, some of them are volumes x from a series, so I am missing the whole beginning of the anime hah...

Anyway, the first DVD I did try out is Saiyuki Reload Gunlock, and it is such a weird coincidence that my pick would fall on an anime that shares many similarities with Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2001. Some of the characters are really reminescent of people who appeared in that season, for instance a kid and a man or older teen(?) definitely resembled a kid from Volki Monastery and Volkov. The scenery is also drawn a lot like in Beyblade 2001. I was expecting to see MAD HOUSE or some other company who was credited for character animation/design for that season in the credits of Saiyuki Reload Gunlock, but it does not even seem like it...
Okay, so lately I've been itching to know who the owners of J2, P2 and I2 are since we don't know who they might be. However, when Burst changed the OP slightly, we saw a couple of new faces that we didn't see in the manga nor the previous Burst episodes. Here, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess who the owners might. I just wanna point out to everyone, please do not take what I say as fact because these are just my opinions, nothing more. Do not take what I say as literal fact because these are guesses (so if you're one of those people who usually go "How do you know? It's clearly not comfirmed!", I've already warned you that these were guesses. Just sayin' Tongue_out)

Anyways these are just my guesses. Maybe someone will prove me wrong or have a different opinion and hey, that's fine. All I ask for is that you don't take my opinions as fact or take what I say too literally. I would love to hear what everyone else might guess.
It is an original Rantaro image of Hiro Morita![Image: Cyld0N_VIAAYARf.jpg]
There is a new image of Lui?
Where I can see the manga of Lui?
How do the teeth actually work in the anime? Is it ever explained? Because clearly Wild Wyvern has strong teeth when it doesn't in real life. Are beyblades in the anime sold like in real life where the teeth is just whatever the company feels like? Can the teeth be altered?
(Dec. 16, 2016  11:02 AM)Ultra Wrote: How do the teeth actually work in the anime? Is it ever explained? Because clearly Wild Wyvern has strong teeth when it doesn't in real life. Are beyblades in the anime sold like in real life where the teeth is just whatever the company feels like? Can the teeth be altered?

From what I saw when I was watching the show up until the twentieth episode, there is simply no mention of the teeth, which is probably wise since Hasbro ended up going with a completely different locking mechanism.
(Dec. 16, 2016  1:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: From what I saw when I was watching the show up until the twentieth episode, there is simply no mention of the teeth, which is probably wise since Hasbro ended up going with a completely different locking mechanism.

But in one particular battle, it was a battle with Xhaka, they showed the clicking thing. ITe as very interesting, but I wonder how Hasbro will manage this, or just ignore it.
Just watched a few of the more recent episodes of the Burst dub. Obelisk Odin is now Omni Odax and Yaeger Yggdrasil is now Yugen Yegdrion.

Y2's new name works I guess (had to actually look it up lol. Apparently Yugen can mean "mysterious" or "deep" and is important in japanese culture or something, which from a lore perspective kinda works because Yugo is a samurai? eeeh).

O2's new name is just lame. (Maybe Overdrive Odax would have been better. Same number of syllables as the original name so dubbing wouldn't have been bad.)

(really hope nobody else has brought this up lol)
I love the beyblade shaped building design for the team tournament. It looks so impractical from an architectural standpoint but that's part of what makes it so flashy and fun.
I've been watching a few episodes of the Burst anime that I skipped in December or so and, real talk, Valt and Ben's battle is one of the best battles in the series so far. (Current favorites are Shu and Orochi's battle, Kensuke's battles in the Sword of Flames arc, and Xhaka and Wakiya's battle)

I think the reason I like the Burst anime as much as I do is because I like the characters. They're a lot of fun and I feel that if the writers of the show cared, they could probably make some really great episodes revolving around them. 

The only thing the Animation has going for it is it's absolutely stellar CG. Most in-anime CG looks awkward and forced, but the various Beyblade animes have had pretty consistent and well-integrated CG. for the most part (cough cough plastic gen)

Other than that though, the actual animation is just passable. I rewatched one episode of MFB recently (the ryuga and kyoya battle specifically), and the character animations are really good. I guess this could be chalked up to OLM still trying to find their footing with Burst, but when you compare the wonderful animation in the new Pokemon Sun/Moon anime, you'd think the quality of one would overlap with another, idk.

Overall, If the show had better writers and higher animation quality for the characters, the Burst anime would be an amazing slice-of-life anime with some amazing beyblade battles thrown in for good measure, which frankly is everything I want out of Burst Tongue_out

It also wouldn't hurt to have a better dub Tongue_out
I feel that the Nelvana dub for even the Bakuten series was extremely underacted. At least with the Japanese version, you get more emotion and distinct performances. Guess it helps that I didn't see Beyblade back in the day.

But still, compare it to most edited dubs, and you'll see that the others  have acting that gets you pumped.
(Jan. 15, 2017  11:38 PM)burapikun Wrote: I feel that the Nelvana dub for even the Bakuten series was extremely underacted. At least with the Japanese version, you get more emotion and distinct performances. Guess it helps that I didn't see Beyblade back in the day.

But still, compare it to most edited dubs, and you'll see that the others  have acting that gets you pumped.

This is totally true. One day they showed the behind-the-scenes and we discovered that voice actors had to work with rolling banners of paper, telling them how long they were supposed to scream for, and I do not even think that they had the show playing on a television as well to get an idea of the character's energy while saying that. The voice actors were, no offense, not that good either, but for sure they were directed horribly as well.
(Jan. 16, 2017  3:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This is totally true. One day they showed the behind-the-scenes and we discovered that voice actors had to work with rolling banners of paper, telling them how long they were supposed to scream for, and I do not even think that they had the show playing on a television as well to get an idea of the character's energy while saying that. The voice actors were, no offense, not that good either, but for sure they were directed horribly as well.

Also, the insert songs for the dub... I think they tried to make the battles more exciting, but the songs themselves are not exciting, either. I bet I could've put in better insert songs.