RAPESEED

[Image: rapeseedfieldzu2.th.png]

I decided to try my hand at a new style of doing things. I'm tired of making the same old images, so I tried to vary it up a little bit.

This is my attempt at abstract/surreal art. Go ahead and tear it apart, I know its awful. lol
Hmm, not much to say about it. I do like what you did with the green part at the bottom.
The colors don't work well. Although red and green are complements, they're oversaturated in this picture. The hills don't blend together with the background, and are the most bland part of the picture due to their color. Also, I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say in this image. The title is Rapeseed, and I assumed it had to do with pollution/poisoning of plants and agriculture. But it doesn't evoke anything within me.

It kind of just looks like you took a picture, colorized the sky and the grass a bit in Photoshop, and worked with the hues and saturation. You can definitely do better. New styles are a good thing to experiment in, and it's really just a learning process to find out what works best for you.
Mr. Toto Wrote:The colors don't work well. Although red and green are complements, they're oversaturated in this picture. The hills don't blend together with the background, and are the most bland part of the picture due to their color. Also, I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say in this image. The title is Rapeseed, and I assumed it had to do with pollution/poisoning of plants and agriculture. But it doesn't evoke anything within me.

It kind of just looks like you took a picture, colorized the sky and the grass a bit in Photoshop, and worked with the hues and saturation. You can definitely do better. New styles are a good thing to experiment in, and it's really just a learning process to find out what works best for you.

Well, to be entirely honest, I didn't have anything I really wanted to say with the image.

I named the piece Rapeseed because the flowers in the image are Rape seeds.

The whole purpose of the image is exaggeration; by altering the colors of the sky and flower field and turning them into such a radically saturated color I hoped to further draw focus to the field in the center, which is the only "real" part of the image. The sky and the flowers are the surreal. I wanted the hills in the center to be the sort of focal point.

Like I said, this picture really carries no message or artistic meaning. It was purely experimental.
Haha, shows how much I know. I didn't even begin to think that it could be a plant name. I thought the green plants signified radioactivity, the pink sky from nuclear weapons, and the field was some kind of middle ground where it hadn't spread to yet.

I think the field would draw more attention if the original colors weren't so bland and dark. There isn't much you can do about that, because at the moment it kind of just feels like a barrier. Keep working with new styles, though.