[Answered]  Quickly wearing down a 'variable' Tip?

Hey, im trying to build an attacking combo for Legend Spryzen s3 but i dont have access to Xtreme - only Hunter and Variable for rubber tips. I understand the Hasbro version of Variable takes a very long time to wear down and become useful. Would it be safe for me to use pliers/file to pull/grind off the center ring of nibs and speed up its awakening? is there a better way to quickly make it a viable tip?
(Sep. 16, 2018  1:00 AM)Ustaf Wrote: Hey, im trying to build an attacking combo for Legend Spryzen s3 but i dont have access to Xtreme - only Hunter and Variable for rubber tips. I understand the Hasbro version of Variable takes a very long time to wear down and become useful. Would it be safe for me to use pliers/file to pull/grind off the center ring of nibs and speed up its awakening? is there a better way to quickly make it a viable tip?
I heard of ppl burning , and launching Variables tip on cement..that does not sound safe imo. I would probably use sand paper because it sounds a lot safer.

Next time you start a thread , try to post it under the appropriate topic to avoid making the moderators job hard .

https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Hobby-Q-A

Im really Sorry if I sound rude.
(Sep. 16, 2018  1:14 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2018  1:00 AM)Ustaf Wrote: Hey, im trying to build an attacking combo for Legend Spryzen s3 but i dont have access to Xtreme - only Hunter and Variable for rubber tips. I understand the Hasbro version of Variable takes a very long time to wear down and become useful. Would it be safe for me to use pliers/file to pull/grind off the center ring of nibs and speed up its awakening? is there a better way to quickly make it a viable tip?
I heard of ppl burning , and launching Variables tip on cement..that does not sound safe imo. I would probably use sand paper because it sounds a lot safer.

Next time you start a thread , try to post it under the appropriate topic to avoid making the moderators job hard .

Sorry i'm still pretty new here and don't know my way around that well yet and wasn't sure where to post it. you didn't sound rude at all though.
(Sep. 16, 2018  2:07 AM)Ustaf Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2018  1:14 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: I heard of ppl burning , and launching Variables tip on cement..that does not sound safe imo. I would probably use sand paper because it sounds a lot safer.

Sorry i'm still pretty new here and don't know my way around that well yet and wasn't sure where to post it. you didn't sound rude at all though.
No problem XD thx for being co-operative.
Everything except Wearing out it in play is illegal.
I have a tt variable but the trick can work on hasbro
Rub it ,until the bigger legs get tilted
Pluck them out
Rub it against a surface until it is almost a flat
(Sep. 16, 2018  2:31 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Everything except Wearing out it in play is illegal.

How do u notice the difference?
(Sep. 16, 2018  3:54 PM)Mohith0412 Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2018  2:31 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Everything except Wearing out it in play is illegal.

There Is No Way To Do That Anyway, However If i got it's done out of the Play, I may request a Ban Hammer
(Sep. 16, 2018  3:54 PM)Mohith0412 Wrote:

Honestly, it's probably not too hard just by looking at the wear patterns. Variable gradually develops sloped edges on each individual spike to match the natural curve of the stadium and the angle you launch it at the most consistently, and will occasionally even hit spikes outside of the tallest cluster if tilted too hard. If the wear doesn't resemble this, it's probably not natural wear.

For instance, if you just rub it on some sandpaper you'll wear the spikes down, but you'll also probably wind up wearing them perpendicular to the stadium floor, as it's hard to do it at an angle to mimic actual wear. Launching it on concrete is likely to leave some dust and debris in the tip, and will still likely wear down pretty flat. Even if launched at an angle, you'll likely wind up with a flatter than normal bevel on the tip that will reveal the truth.
Hey Ustaf, I've gone and put your thread in the right place, in the Beyblade Hobby Q&A section. Please mark the thread as "Answered" once you feel the question is answered.