Puella Magi Madoka Magica [Spoiler Warning]

[searched terms: puella, magi madoka - no thread results]

crazy show, threading this.

Okay basically its about these girls who can have one wish granted and in exchange they have to become a magical girl and fight witches (evil). This is through forming a contract with Kyubey (cute looking cat thing). It isn't as easy and straightforward as it seems though ...

i'm like 6 episodes in and already cryin because cute girls????? and magic???? and cute outfits???? and evil cute things??? and trippy animation scenes??? and too many feels????

Anyways, so far I'm liking Homura's character the best because Madoka is too much of a whiny you know what and Sayaka is just too hotheaded for my liking. Homuraaaaaa ... has so far maintained a good mysteriousness to herself.

The plot is running along well, there is no "information overload" at the beginning and you learn as you go. So do the characters. Which makes them suffer. Hahahahaha. Poor characters. Poor me because I suffer when I see them suffer. Hahaha.

And that thing Kyubey is soooooooooooooo ... argh! You'll see why I feel this way towards him as you watch the anime. Seriously.

The animation style is intriguing! Its really cool like what are you still doing here, GO WATCH THE ANIME.
OMG I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! I just saw the first episode dubbed yesterday, the first time I saw it dubbed.

I did a review on it here:

dude, if you are only at ep 6, you have no idea what you are getting into.
I watched this series sometime back. Before starting, I read many reviews stating that it was a great series and that there's lots of pain and suffering in it. That's the reason I decided to give it a go, even if it is definitely not the genre I like.
The first few episodes were good. And the part where that magical girl's(cant remember her name) head got eaten by that witch, was epic.
You must've been watching the wrong anime. That wasn't a happy ending... I'd say more bittersweet, not happy at all. Especially if you're looking at the original timeline. Because um, there's a LOT of death in that.

These are seriously big spoilers. Don't open if you haven't finished. (Click to View)

I do really love the show and I obviously have a lot of feelings for it. You should just see my blog... It ranks as one of my favorite animes, and is really great in such a short amount of episodes.

As for the characters, I don't really dislike anyone (except Kyousuke. I despise him.) I think the cast has their own reasons for acting the way they did. I didn't find Madoka whiny at all, to be honest. Although, my personal favorite would have to be Sayaka. I could talk a lot about her, buuuuuut, I won't. I just... really like her.
Oh yes, right. What I meant by a 'Happy Ending' was that
Well, I'm more into animes that have gore and violence or mystery or humor. Madoka Magica wasn't much into either of these, but it was still an interesting series to watch.

BTW my favourite character was Kyuubey. Because almost everyone else hates him Tired
Ooookay maybe I spoke too soon.

8 episodes in and what. Sayaka ...

She went through so much pain and suffering for Kyosuke and then that green haired girl just ugh THE FRUSTRATION. Over the course of the past few episodes, I can see why Noodoo likes her character the best.

Kyubey getting err ... shot viciously took me by surprise and then he aTE HIS OWN BODY?!

And what's this? Homura showing emotions? TEARS?

I switched over to the subbed version because I thought the dub voices we're too high pitched. It could have been just the player I was using but hey they sound cuter in Japanese.

Regarding Kyubey, yeah I despised him at first but ya know what? He's just doing his job. Like Homura also said, a miracle is worth more than a human life anyways. So yeah, I think Kyubey is okay, I don't hate him anymore but I have a feeling that will change ...

From all the girls so far, I really loved Sayaka's outfit the best. And uh yeah the church backstory of that other girl with the pink hair ... um it was really something but she told it blatantly so it wasn't thaaaaat emotional (thankfully).

Sorry for random all over the place commentary, too many feels, I don't know what to do I'm emotionally distraught. I thought Clannad would make me immune to the pain of fictional characters but noooooooooooope.
I finished the series, and it wasn't that sad of an ending as it could have been. I mean, in a way, I think the ending was sad with everyone forgetting about Madoka, except for Homura. And the way that Homura tried again and again to save Madoka was pretty feely too.

Anyways, the ending was sort of made happier, just like the ending of Clannad's After Story. [Basically his wife and only child die but then everyone is re-incarnated together in this magical afterlife place in the end]. The ending of Clannad's AS would have been sadder if they had just left the anime end where Ushio dies, but to give the fan's consolation and closure, they made sure it had somewhat of a positive ending?

The same goes with PMMM. The ending could have been way sadder, with Madoka not being able to transform into the 'god-like concept' and such. Perhaps Homura would have messed up the space-time continuum so badly that she could not even reach Madoka anymore (become invisible/inaudible) and the audience would watch Madoka slowly lead her own demise with Homura watching hopelessly?
My last few posts on this part of the forum have been pretty analytical, between SAO, KLK and Yugioh...

I don't need to explain how good Madoka Magica is though. Anythign I say will be or has been said already. What an absolutely brilliant deconstruction of the magical girl genre. In just 12 episodes it has the best pacing of any anime I have ever seen, and it has great characters too. If you haven't already, Go freakin' watch this show. Seriously. Do it.

I cannot vouch for the movies as I haven't even wasted my time. I hear the changes in the first 2 films (the remakes) are insignificant and pointless for a series that is still very new, and I have been hearing really mixed things about what the 3rd movie (the sequel) does to the original series. So ill just live in ignorance of those I guess.