ProtoMedia

Hey guys,

I made this a while ago but never really publicized it but I'm going back into that kind of work now so I thought I might aswell post it here. I run a website called ProtoMedia, a web site creation company.

You can see the website here: ProtoMedia

The domain name is temporary until I set up my .co.uk/.com in the near future. I am also currently developing a website for Dimsum2u. Tell me what you guys think of the website.

Thanks.
We pay through PayPal, correct? What exactly do you do, make a website for us, host it, design it?

Monthly, or one time pay - flat rate?
Yeah, always paypal. You can check the services page to see what we can do for you. At the moment we don't cover domains and hosting but we can help you find cheap/free ones if you need us to.

Also, it is a one time easy payment.
Hm.

I was thinking of getting something similar... but have you had any customers yet? I'm willing to actually advertise for you, no cost.
If you see on the testimonials section, we've made a website for an MOT company. We're currently also working on dimsum2u's official site right now. It is near completion. And that would be great. Thanks.
Ah, you should really soften your logo, it looks very pixelated.
Thanks for the advice but I'm not really that good with graphics. I did what I could with the site haha. Also if you're wondering what the graphics service is with protomedia, it's not me who does it.
It actually looks OK on those big banners on the site, but for some reason they ruined the logo on its own.

Also, I am not certain how it was spelled, but having a testimonial by "S. Hussain" is really 'awkward' ... Of course, someone can have the same name or initials though ...
I essentially used the same text + layering styles for the small logo but instead of the respective colors as the strokes, I set it to a black 1px stroke. It came out quite pixelated but I wasn't sure how to fix it so I just left it.

Also, the testimonials section grabs 3 random testimonials from our database and lists them. Soon we will have around 5 more added onto that list (a few days hopefully) as I am on the verge of finishing quite a few websites so that wont always be appearing.
Medz Wrote:I essentially used the same text + layering styles for the small logo but instead of the respective colors as the strokes, I set it to a black 1px stroke. It came out quite pixelated but I wasn't sure how to fix it so I just left it.

It must be because of the method you used for anti-aliasing then. In Photoshop, those options should be right next to the text size options.

Perhaps you made the stroke be inside or in the 'middle' when it should have been completely on the exterior side of the text.
Ah I see, I will check and try to fix it up. Thanks for your help.
For the testimonial, I presume Kai-V meant viewers might make this connection ...
Oh. I actually laughed out loud. What do you suggest I do then?
Is that customer also called Saddam ? If not, I would just include the first name and put the last name's initials.
No hes not haha. And alright sure, thanks.
Medz, this site is very professional. How old are you? Is this your career, or is this just something you like to do?

Anyways, it looks great.
Thanks Sparta. Also I'd rather not disclose my age in public and I do this for money but it is not my full-time career.
Just thought I'd let you know, when ever I click on 'Portfolio' it continually says '404 Not Found'.

Anyways, I like the design.
(Aug. 09, 2011  3:25 AM)Medz Wrote: Thanks Sparta. Also I'd rather not disclose my age in public and I do this for money but it is not my full-time career.

Gotcha, makes sense. That's cool that you're making money doing something you enjoy. Good for you.
@Fyuoor: I'm currently developing my portfolio page so that's expected since the file doesn't exist yet. And thanks.
Sparta: Haha, I guess so.
Added in the testimonial for dimsum2u to the site. I finished his website a while ago but he announced the release recently as he just finished adding in the beyblade stock.