Proof of Parts: Do we need it or not?

Poll: Should this become a requirement (post you reason why you voted that way)?

Yes.
83.33%
No.
16.67%
Total: 100% 24 vote(s)
@[AquilaClassik] : I highly dislike his (you do mean Kaneki, right? I'm fine with Ken' XD) dishonest actions, but he's probably just a kid and hasn't matured. Anyways, like I said in that post, he had an alexandrite face, for the fake tests.

My post was pointing out a flaw in that guy's theory.
(Jan. 23, 2015  2:55 AM)Packers Wrote: @[AquilaClassik] : I highly dislike his (you do mean Kaneki, right? I'm fine with Ken' XD) dishonest actions, but he's probably just a kid and hasn't matured. Anyways, like I said in that post, he had an alexandrite face, for the fake tests.

My post was pointing out a flaw in that guy's theory.

I did not mean to imply that I believed the posession of the alexandrite face to be a definative barometer of trustworthiness. I am not that naive. What I was suggesting is that the faces serves a purpose when anyone makes their own value judgement regarding a testing thread.

But that poses the question, "How was he able to gain the face for falsified tests in the first place?"

I am not trying to be critical, but is serves to illustrate that no system is perfect.

The trouble is that there are always people who are willing to falsify or manipulate results to prove their theories. As an example.http://www.trueorigin.org/ng_ap01.asp (In an nutshell, National Geographic published an article on a missing evolutionary link, but it turned out the fossils in question were falsified.)

Things do slip through the net. It is unavoidable and a fact of life.

Speaking of photographs of parts. I agree with AquilaClassik in that they can serve a purpose; building trust etc. Esspecially when the information presented is observed rather than measured, for example the amount of wear on a given tip.
(Jan. 23, 2015  8:58 AM)trisd Wrote: But that poses the question, "How was he able to gain the face for falsified tests in the first place?"

Obviously the commitee didn't know he was doing fake results. It's just human nature to believe that someone is truthful and not fabricating results and lying.
(Jan. 23, 2015  11:02 PM)Eminem* Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2015  8:58 AM)trisd Wrote: But that poses the question, "How was he able to gain the face for falsified tests in the first place?"

Obviously the commitee didn't know he was doing fake results. It's just human nature to believe that someone is truthful and not fabricating results and lying.

Sorry; I had hoped that would read as a rhetorical question.

I am not being critical of the committee. I was trying to illustrate the point no matter what measures you put in place, it is still possible for facticius tests to pass scrutiny.
We should at least implement a rule of actually having pics of parts and a equipment if people want the alexandrite face .

We don't just believe people for the Rose Gold and Rose Platinum faces.
To be perfectly honest you still couldn't really tell if the results are true or false, considering if they have done any editing of the test videos, such as sorting out the more favoured parts, removing akward or unwanted results, unless they did it one-take without any editing, but even so they might did a heckload of trials and sort out the one that favours them the most.

Nevertheless filming (one-shot, specifically) is a good start, but firstly if people are in fact, just wanna troll the community with fake results they could do it without even being found out, if they wanted to. Besides, most of the community doesn't have access to great filming equipment like a tripod, high-end cams (I guess no one would hand-held a camera to film things right? Especially when you are having your hands full with stuff) like how DrigerGT does, or having three guys or more to do all those testings like BeybladeGeeks, or even Youtube accounts to upload things.

Photographing might be a good idea, but how are you going to photograph the battle? It could be troublesome if you are aiming for KOs and, more problematic, Bursts since they are generally too random and too short in duration for most people to take the shot immediately. If you photograph KOs after beys are knocked out from the stadium, things such as launching beys with relatively low RPMs outside of the stadium with the bey-to-win still spinning in the stadium or only the winning bey alone (with excuses such as it ran away from the camara's lens). Faking OSes and Bursts are even more simple as you can just scatter the bey (or parts, respectively) around the stadium bowl. Besides, equipment issues still holds just like filming does, though maybe less serious.

In the end, there is still no way other than doing tests seperately by a trusted person(s). If a player did a test and shows results, unless the part is too rare for testing (which is generally not quite possible) or people are relucant to do so, doing tests seperately is the best bet if any doubts are hold against the results. If most results are supporting/againsting the original proposed result, then you know the rest. Nonetheless the Trusting game still has to be done under any circumstances, and filming can only be a supporting evidence.