[Product]  Slash Valkyrie Goku Layer Gold Turbo Ver. Rare Bey Get Battle

(Jun. 09, 2019  3:29 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2019  10:57 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Even if they all had Goku Weights, the GT Beys would be outclassed because of their contact points and mediocre teeth. Slash has too much recoil to be able to attack for long periods of time, Bushin has a rough perimeter that makes it useless for defense, Rock has big gaps that give it too much recoil, Ace has contact points that are rough but with very little Smash Attack power like Z Achilles, etc. Maybe if Slash had a shape closer to Winning Valkyrie's, it could be pretty good for Attack. It would have better balance than wV, wouldn't self-burst as much as SV, and would be more durable than SV.

When two beys collide, *both* of them recoil. From basic physics, the heavier bey will have less recoil induced, and thus lower chance of flying out of the stadium.

For attack combos, you *want* the recoil. The problem with Slash is that its too light, weighing only at 9.1g. With the new layer weight, we're gonna see its effective overall weight bumped to around 23g - heavy enough to withstand the recoil it creates. Slash is actually a really good attack layer base, its just a pity that its abysmal weight (its the lightest layer base IIRC) causes it to not have the impact it was meant to have. Its smash attack is probably better than wV's due to the better shape it has, IMO.

A similar explanation goes for all the other GT layer bases you mentioned. "Too much recoil" can be fixed with higher weight.

Bushin and Rock actually have decently defensive perimeters that serve their purpose. You're probably saying that because they're bursting frequently, which is actually because of the raised platform for the GT chip, which nerfs the tightness of any chip on it.
2 or 3 extra grams can’t fix the issue of GT Beys having too much recoil or the Defense/Stamina Bases not exposing the teeth. There’s also the problem with some of the Bases having elevated contact points that make them easy to destabilize. Sorry to say, but GT Beys won’t be competitive outside of opposite-spin matchups with Cosmo unless a Weight a few heavier than Goku comes out.
(Jun. 09, 2019  3:47 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: 2 or 3 extra grams can’t fix the issue of GT Beys having too much recoil or the Defense/Stamina Bases not exposing the teeth. There’s also the problem with some of the Bases having elevated contact points that make them easy to destabilize. Sorry to say, but GT Beys won’t be competitive outside of opposite-spin matchups with Cosmo unless a Weight a few heavier than Goku comes out.

Yeah, it probably wont make all GT layers viable, but I'm foreseeing that it will make some that are on-the-fence now viable in competitive.

Slash is one that I would really hope to see in the competitive scene. But Judgment will probably still outclass it.. =/

On a side note, I think Dread will be pretty strong with it too. Its gonna be at least 26g - just slap the Fafnir chip and Destroy' - it's gonna be a decently competitive combo at the minimum.
(Jun. 09, 2019  4:15 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2019  3:47 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: 2 or 3 extra grams can’t fix the issue of GT Beys having too much recoil or the Defense/Stamina Bases not exposing the teeth. There’s also the problem with some of the Bases having elevated contact points that make them easy to destabilize. Sorry to say, but GT Beys won’t be competitive outside of opposite-spin matchups with Cosmo unless a Weight a few heavier than Goku comes out.

Yeah, it probably wont make all GT layers viable, but I'm foreseeing that it will make some that are on-the-fence now viable in competitive.

Slash is one that I would really hope to see in the competitive scene. But Judgment will probably still outclass it.. =/

On a side note, I think Dread will be pretty strong with it too. Its gonna be at least 26g - just slap the Fafnir chip and Destroy' - it's gonna be a decently competitive combo at the minimum.

I'm not against seeing the GT Beys succeeding in the meta, but it still seems unlikely that people will have an easy time with them considering the risks that they bring and how hard it is to get the Goku weight.
I'm not sure how to put the screenshots of the app here, but just to elaborate: basically downloaded the app from google searching and installed via ApkPure (last 2017, didn't know about Beypoints yet). Last item I was able to scan for the Beycode was the Triple Booster Set that had Hazard Kerbeus and Dagger Frame upon obtaining a Beylogger Plus for bonus multipliers (scanned last August 28, 2018). After that, I updated my Samsung J7 Core's OS probably on the same month and when I got some of the newer ChouZ ones in September, the Bey Scanner just refused to work (even after 20+ times of trying to restart everything from the actual phone to the app itself). I even updated via ApkPure for the latest one (v2.05 I think) just a few hours ago, hoping it'd work but it still crashes when loading the camera.

I got a lot of Beycodes still pending for scans and I want to know if anyone has workarounds FOR Android, NOT iOS, because I'd rather have my Bey Garage updated and be able to prove to anyone that I have the parts instead of just having the unused codes lying about and gathering dust (or worse, being thrown away because of being "pieces of garbage cardboard")

If there is anyone who can actually provide a step-by-step workaround, you'd be the best Beyblader ever to probably save a thousand Bladers outside Japan who may also have the same issues.
Is anyone going to mention that you are going to pay the SAME amount of beypoints for a Rare Bey Get Battle prize that doesn't give you an entire bey! It isn't any easier to get it than the other prizes you can try for! The only new part is Goku, and Slash and Valkyrie have already been released. It is better to try for Shining Amaterios, Orichalcum, or Baldur rather than trying for a single layer.
(Jun. 09, 2019  8:49 PM)TheBladingCow Wrote: Is anyone going to mention that you are going to pay the SAME amount of beypoints for a Rare Bey Get Battle prize that doesn't give you an entire bey! It isn't any easier to get it than the other prizes you can try for! The only new part is Goku, and Slash and Valkyrie have already been released. It is better to try for Shining Amaterios, Orichalcum, or Baldur rather than trying for a single layer.

I mean it's the Gold Turbo version of slash valkyrie and I don't think anyone would care that it's just a single layer i.e. dread bahamut from the random layer vol. 1 set
(Jun. 11, 2019  3:39 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2019  8:49 PM)TheBladingCow Wrote: Is anyone going to mention that you are going to pay the SAME amount of beypoints for a Rare Bey Get Battle prize that doesn't give you an entire bey! It isn't any easier to get it than the other prizes you can try for! The only new part is Goku, and Slash and Valkyrie have already been released. It is better to try for Shining Amaterios, Orichalcum, or Baldur rather than trying for a single layer.

I mean it's the Gold Turbo version of slash valkyrie and I don't think anyone would care that it's just a single layer i.e. dread bahamut from the random layer vol. 1 set

At least the Random Layers don't cost as much as Boosters...

What about if you go them all?
(Jun. 09, 2019  3:29 AM)KingSpin Wrote: When two beys collide, *both* of them recoil. From basic physics, the heavier bey will have less recoil induced, and thus lower chance of flying out of the stadium.

For attack combos, you *want* the recoil. The problem with Slash is that its too light, weighing only at 9.1g. With the new layer weight, we're gonna see its effective overall weight bumped to around 23g - heavy enough to withstand the recoil it creates. Slash is actually a really good attack layer base, its just a pity that its abysmal weight (its the lightest layer base IIRC) causes it to not have the impact it was meant to have. Its smash attack is probably better than wV's due to the better shape it has, IMO.

A similar explanation goes for all the other GT layer bases you mentioned. "Too much recoil" can be fixed with higher weight.

Bushin and Rock actually have decently defensive perimeters that serve their purpose. You're probably saying that because they're bursting frequently, which is actually because of the raised platform for the GT chip, which nerfs the tightness of any chip on it.

Why would you want recoil with an attack bey or any bey for that matter? As far as I know recoil is the negative and undesired effect of an attack type bey (just taking a case of attack combo). Smash or push attack is what is wanted in attack combos. But, many attack layers have huge recoil and as you said weight of the goku might be the answer to reducing the recoil.
(Jun. 12, 2019  1:29 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Why would you want recoil with an attack bey or any bey for that matter? As far as I know recoil is the negative and undesired effect of an attack type bey (just taking a case of attack combo). Smash or push attack is what is wanted in attack combos. But, many attack layers have huge recoil and as you said weight of the goku might be the answer to reducing the recoil.

Recoil is a two-way street. Both beys usually experience an equal force acting in the opposite direction when they collide.

To put it simply, the heavier the bey is, the less speed it picks up from the force. So for attackers you’d want to have the weight to reduce the recoil you induce in both the opponent and yourself.
(Jun. 12, 2019  1:29 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Why would you want recoil with an attack bey or any bey for that matter? As far as I know recoil is the negative and undesired effect of an attack type bey (just taking a case of attack combo). Smash or push attack is what is wanted in attack combos. But, many attack layers have huge recoil and as you said weight of the goku might be the answer to reducing the recoil.

we want recoil to have efficient attack types.
goku doesn't reduce recoil. it just adds burst resistance by making the layer heavier. all decent attack types need heavy recoil designs paired with great burst resistance.
Saw a comparison video between Goku and Gen Weights. Quite frankly, if you can buy the Goku Weight, it is worth it compared to Gen for versatility. Gen is probably best with left spin combos, whereas Goku has potential on both spins. Probably this is the 00 Disk in Weight form
can someone give me a tutorial on how to get the app on an IPhone?