[Product]  Metal Fight Beyblade Baku Set

(Jul. 22, 2020  3:58 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I think that the fact that the paint chips makes it more like the original and makes it therefore more nostalgic.
Agreed especially for the og metal  fans i still  have an almost grey galaxy fusion wheel
Unlike the Hybrid Wheel gimmicks, I don't think anyone wanted this "feature" from MFB to return. I really hope they plan on putting out versions of the Layers with unpainted Metal Wheels in like, a Random Booster or something. It seems like a huge waste of money to make Layers more complex than the first set of MFB remakes, seemingly with the intent of them being used in serious battles, only to discourage anyone from using them because of the stripping paint. Like, at that point, why did even make them more complex than the first set of Remakes?
I guess I'll put out my full thoughts now, I cant see them revealing any new gimmick with these.

BEYS: 10/10 | the bey choices are amazing and I like that the paint chips a bit faster, reminds me of my old metal beys.
SYSTEM: 8/10 | The system they have is pretty good. I hope if they make more remakes it makes a return.
PARTS (disc/tip): 8/10 | I think they chose some pretty good parts. Could be better but most of them fit the beys pretty well I think.

Definitely a must buy for me.
(Jul. 22, 2020  3:09 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2020  9:58 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Well, the paint on the Galaxy Pegasis layer will chip off just like the original Galaxy wheel which was painted and the master blader said they did this on purpose. I think I speak for a lot (but not all) of us bladers when I say we all HATED that and the fact that they intentionally did this thinking we would like it makes it worse.

I personally like it. Others may think it makes it look ugly, but it reminds me of my old worn out metal beys.

I kind of like it too. I wonder what made them think to do it?

(Jul. 22, 2020  4:00 PM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2020  3:58 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I think that the fact that the paint chips makes it more like the original and makes it therefore more nostalgic.
Agreed especially for the og metal  fans i still  have an almost grey galaxy fusion wheel

I ended up with three near grey wheels.
Welp it's definitely a popular set cause the one ebay listing for it is no longer on there, so rhis'll sell a lot & quickly.
(Jul. 23, 2020  9:31 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: Welp it's definitely a popular set cause the one ebay listing for it is no longer on there, so rhis'll sell a lot & quickly.

yeah definatly!!!!!!!
(Jul. 23, 2020  9:31 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: Welp it's definitely a popular set cause the one ebay listing for it is no longer on there, so rhis'll sell a lot & quickly.

Though probably true, it might also have been removed from eBay once they realized that this doesn't release until December and simply decided it was too early for it.
(Jul. 24, 2020  9:23 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:

Though probably true, it might also have been removed from eBay once they realized that this doesn't release until December and simply decided it was too early for it.

Not really the case as every seller on ebay that sells beyblade stuff always has new beyblade stuff up weeks or even months before release, so more than likely someone pre-purchased it and the other sellers haven't gotten a listing added yet, plus sellers like 88powerpig88 aren't able to have a listing for beys till after release since they don't live in Japan and have to middleman any non-main release items.
(Jul. 24, 2020  4:02 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: Not really the case as every seller on ebay that sells beyblade stuff always has new beyblade stuff up weeks or even months before release

They don't usually have them up over 5 months early though. That's pretty uncommon.
(Jul. 24, 2020  9:08 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2020  4:02 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: Not really the case as every seller on ebay that sells beyblade stuff always has new beyblade stuff up weeks or even months before release

They don't usually have them up over 5 months early though. That's pretty uncommon.

It's been a thing for a while, like Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2002 Set has been on pre-sale since its annoucnnement, same with the S1 MFB & S1 Bakuten Shoot sets from last year, they just take a while to pop up, but off of that, am I one of the few people who thinks Mobius is the worst fit for Hell Kerbecs's driver, like we have drivers that could work better, also how come we aren't getting like Horuseus, Rock Giraffa, Killer Befowl, or Basalt Horologium, I'm guessing potentional alterate random booster prizes?
(Jul. 25, 2020  4:13 AM)Deathscyther04 Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2020  9:08 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: They don't usually have them up over 5 months early though. That's pretty uncommon.

It's been a thing for a while, like Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2002 Set has been on pre-sale since its annoucnnement, same with the S1 MFB & S1 Bakuten Shoot sets from last year, they just take a while to pop up, but off of that, am I one of the few people who thinks Mobius is the worst fit for Hell Kerbecs's driver, like we have drivers that could work better, also how come we aren't getting like Horuseus, Rock Giraffa, Killer Befowl, or Basalt Horologium, I'm guessing potentional alterate random booster prizes?
They aren't as popular as the beys in the set thats why they were not included
(Jul. 25, 2020  4:13 AM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: also how come we aren't getting like Horuseus, Rock Giraffa, Killer Befowl, or Basalt Horologium, I'm guessing potentional alterate random booster prizes?

I could see Horuseus as a possibility, though its underside would want to be rather bland so I'm not so sure on that.

Rock Zurafa is way too close to Rock Leone, and nothing imitates R145 even remotely in Burst (short of maybe the 2D chassis, but this isn't Sparking). It could potentially confuse people on why Rock Leone can't be disassembled like Rock Zurafa can, which is one reason why I don't think Rock Zurafa or Flame Libra will ever see a Burst release.

Killer Beafowl is pretty, and I wish I had one sometimes. I think Killer is probably too flat for TT's liking though, as it could create chances for clear wheel contact, and once again nothing really imitates its driver well. Could've used Turn for a frame though, to imitate its switching track.

Basalt Horogium is the big thing that gets me here, though I suppose they might not wanna deal with making it lopsided intentionally (as was a major complaint with Rock Leone, Flame Sagitario, and Earth Aquila), or found it difficult to remove the clear wheel from it due to its thin edges. Also avoids having two Yieldings in one set.
(Jul. 25, 2020  7:40 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2020  4:13 AM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: also how come we aren't getting like Horuseus, Rock Giraffa, Killer Befowl, or Basalt Horologium, I'm guessing potentional alterate random booster prizes?

I could see Horuseus as a possibility, though its underside would want to be rather bland so I'm not so sure on that.

Rock Zurafa is way too close to Rock Leone, and nothing imitates R145 even remotely in Burst (short of maybe the 2D chassis, but this isn't Sparking). It could potentially confuse people on why Rock Leone can't be disassembled like Rock Zurafa can, which is one reason why I don't think Rock Zurafa or Flame Libra will ever see a Burst release.

Killer Beafowl is pretty, and I wish I had one sometimes. I think Killer is probably too flat for TT's liking though, as it could create chances for clear wheel contact, and once again nothing really imitates its driver well. Could've used Turn for a frame though, to imitate its switching track.

Basalt Horogium is the big thing that gets me here, though I suppose they might not wanna deal with making it lopsided intentionally (as was a major complaint with Rock Leone, Flame Sagitario, and Earth Aquila), or found it difficult to remove the clear wheel from it due to its thin edges. Also avoids having two Yieldings in one set.

In terms of the beys already in the set, I think Vanguard or at least Wall on 00 would've worked a bit better on Perseus, but that is negligable, but why mobius for Kerbecs?
(Jul. 26, 2020  5:41 AM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: [quote="MagikHorse" pid='1610632' dateline='1595702449']In terms of the beys already in the set, I think Vanguard or at least Wall on 00 would've worked a bit better on Perseus, but that is negligable, but why mobius for Kerbecs?

The thing with Perseus is that it's AD145 track is a gentle slope, thinner at the bottom and wider on the top. Vanguard is the exact opposite of that, widest at the bottom and narrowing at the top. What made you think that was even remotely a good choice? Wall is more fitting of Kerbecs' Boost Disk (but pointing downwards) and similarly doesn't fit Perseus at all. Bump at the least has the right general shape, even if Cross is rounder and likely a better overall fit. I imagine it like a stupidly fat and ribbed version of AD145 here.

Mobius on Kerbecs is something I don't think anyone here understands. Rise would have been more accurate imo, but I guess they wanted to throw Mobius out again.
(Jul. 26, 2020  10:49 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2020  5:41 AM)Deathscyther04 Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2020  7:40 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: In terms of the beys already in the set, I think Vanguard or at least Wall on 00 would've worked a bit better on Perseus, but that is negligable, but why mobius for Kerbecs?

The thing with Perseus is that it's AD145 track is a gentle slope, thinner at the bottom and wider on the top. Vanguard is the exact opposite of that, widest at the bottom and narrowing at the top. What made you think that was even remotely a good choice? Wall is more fitting of Kerbecs' Boost Disk (but pointing downwards) and similarly doesn't fit Perseus at all. Bump at the least has the right general shape, even if Cross is rounder and likely a better overall fit. I imagine it like a stupidly fat and ribbed version of AD145 here.

Mobius on Kerbecs is something I don't think anyone here understands. Rise would have been more accurate imo, but I guess they wanted to throw Mobius out again.
One of the modes on lift (particularly the one where it widens going up from the bottom) would have actually been a good fit for ad145 but unfortunately they wasted it on Kerbecs which, as many people already pointed out would have been great with paradox.
So I figured out why they chose 0Lift over Paradox, the Lift frame can be used on beys of both spin directions and isn't layer exclusive, but Paradox can only work with both modes when paired with Naked, which is left spin, plus it doesn't have BD145's three point design, but the Lift frame does, so they chose both form & fuction when making Hell Kerbecs, that's actually reall smart on TT's part.
(Jul. 27, 2020  12:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote: One of the modes on lift (particularly the one where it widens going up from the bottom) would have actually been a good fit for ad145 but unfortunately they wasted it on Kerbecs which, as many people already pointed out would have been great with paradox.

AD145 is rather small, and certainly nowhere near large enough for Lift to be fitting. It's really rather terrible at emulating it, especially once you take the massive overhang/scrape chance into account. BD145 easily scrapes in its downward mode so Lift fits there a ton better (alongside things like Wall), plus the three-sided synergy with the layer and the real BD145 track. No, the truth of the matter is AD145 cannot possibly be represented by a frame that large while BD145 can.

I think Bump fits the more compact size of AD145 while still having a sort of layered sloped edge to it. I do think something like Cross would fit better as it's 4 sided smooth shape stays well out of the way like AD145 does, but Bump is far from horrible at this. In fact I'd go so far as to say that Cross and Bump are the best two possibilities for imitating AD145 outright.
okay, I just really want Diabolo Nemesis now
I really hope that hasbro doesn’t mess this up because if it doesn’t then I might actually buy it from them. I am very excited for Meteo (I think it will be better than Mirage at spin steal but worse than Geist)
(Aug. 22, 2020  5:27 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I really hope that hasbro doesn’t mess this up because if it doesn’t then I might actually buy it from them. I am very excited for Meteo (I think it will be better than Mirage at spin steal but worse than Geist)
But Geist Fafnir was horrible for spin steal and was a  pretty bad layer in general.
(Aug. 22, 2020  6:00 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2020  5:27 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I really hope that hasbro doesn’t mess this up because if it doesn’t then I might actually buy it from them. I am very excited for Meteo (I think it will be better than Mirage at spin steal but worse than Geist)
But Geist Fafnir was horrible for spin steal and was a  pretty bad layer in general.
Really? Why?
(Aug. 22, 2020  6:10 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2020  6:00 PM)Zeutron Wrote: But Geist Fafnir was horrible for spin steal and was a  pretty bad layer in general.
Really? Why?
The shape. It was far too aggressive and at that point right spin layers with better shapes would just destroy it in terms of LAD even without the need of rubber.
I am definitely Pre-ordering this set. I am hyped for Meteo
This is interesting because from what I can see, compared to the Metal Fusion remakes back in 2019 the Fusion Wheels are now actually made of metal.