[Product]  BX-04 Starter KnightShield 3-80N

Starter Pack for the 4th generation of Beyblade, "Beyblade X". Contains one Beyblade and a Launcher.
MSRP with tax is 1980 JPY. Releases on July 15th, 2023.
[Image: 4904810910404_05c73684a4294c159b942de243a22069.jpg]
More Official Images from Takara Tomy Mall:

Parts Images from Beyblade Website:
Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-04 KnightShield 3-80N
  • Defense-type
  • Right-spin
  • "SHOCK ABSORBING DEFENSE: Resists attacks due to a shock-absorbing Blade and a Bit that stands still in the center of the Stadium."
Blade: KnightShield
  • "Its six protective blades create an impact dampening structure, easily absorbing attacks."
  • Attack: 20
  • Defense: 55
  • Stamina: 25
Ratchet: 3-80 (pronounced "Three Eighty")
  • "Part that sets the Bey's height to a high profile. Sports three blades with high resilience."
  • Attack: 15
  • Defense: 7
  • Stamina: 8
  • Height: 80
Bit: N (full name "Needle")
  • "Sports a pointed tip that can perform counter-attacks when the Bey becomes tilted."
  • Attack: 10
  • Defense: 50
  • Stamina: 30
  • Dash: 10
  • Burst Resistance: 30
Launcher: Winder Launcher
  • "Tool used to spin Beyblades. Compatible with the Beybattle Pass (sold separately)."

Official web-manual PDF: https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/beybla...manual.pdf
Thread is now open. Kinda get the feeling they accidentally swapped Needle and Ball between WizardArrow and KnightShield during development. Sharp-tipped Defense-types are a tale as old as time, and they never end well (at least in terms of being good at *defense*). Oh well, at least KnightShield looks cool...
Kinda figured N would be Needle considering how pointy it is haha, I think I would much rather Burst's Needle in this case. This reminds me of Guardian Reviser from Zero G where the wheel looks promising but has a sharp tip. I am biased because it's green and round, and I do like the design, it's like a rounder Gravity Perseus.
Definitely my favourite so far! Reminds me of the Green Knight story.
Translation of official Beyblade description image:
Takara Tomy Wrote:BX-04 KnightShield 3-80N
  • Defense-type
  • Right-spin
  • "SHOCK ABSORBING DEFENSE: Resists attacks due to a shock-absorbing Blade and a Bit that stands still in the center of the Stadium."
Blade: KnightShield
  • "Its six protective blades create an impact dampening structure, easily absorbing attacks."
  • Attack: 20
  • Defense: 55
  • Stamina: 25
Ratchet: 3-80 (pronounced "Three Eighty")
  • "Part that sets the Bey's height to a high profile. Sports three blades with high resilience."
  • Attack: 15
  • Defense: 7
  • Stamina: 8
  • Height: 80
Bit: N (full name "Needle")
  • "Sports a pointed tip that can perform counter-attacks when the Bey becomes tilted."
  • Attack: 10
  • Defense: 50
  • Stamina: 30
  • Dash: 10
  • Burst Resistance: 30
Launcher: Winder Launcher
  • "Tool used to spin Beyblades. Compatible with the Beybattle Pass (sold separately)."
I expect This bey to perform the worst out of the 4.
Now only does it have poor stamina, it also has poor burst resistance based on what battles I've seen so far.
The gimmick is cool on paper, but nonexistent in the flesh... I mean, the metal can't flex or move, so it won't absorb any shock..
Couple that with the fact that it will always head to the middle of the stadium, which is the worst place to be in with this new Xtreme dash stadium gimmick, and I think this bey (and I dare say defense beys in general) will be the least used and most disliked bey. And that sucks cuz defense types are my favorite, and This bey is my favorite of the bunch.
(May. 21, 2023  10:28 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: I expect This bey to perform the worst out of the 4.
Now only does it have poor stamina, it also has poor burst resistance based on what battles I've seen so far.
The gimmick is cool on paper, but nonexistent in the flesh... I mean, the metal can't flex or move, so it won't absorb any shock..
Couple that with the fact that it will always head to the middle of the stadium, which is the worst place to be in with this new Xtreme dash stadium gimmick, and I think this bey (and I dare say defense beys in general) will be the least used and most disliked bey.  And that sucks cuz defense types are my favorite, and This bey is my favorite of the bunch.

Totally agree. I believe they wanted to do a Guardian Revizer with Knighshield but the gimmick of reviser workd becuase it had low recoil (By Zero-G standards) and the sharp ball tip work because of the physics applied to the Zero-G stadium. The Xtreme stadium however works with Slingshock Physics thus a defense type need a Low recoild Blade and a bottom that is ball shaped or semi flat so it can move around in a modarate manner in order to avoid attacks and have more grip.

Overall, this line up feels like they wanted to do Zero-G into burst.
Japanese YouTubers "Stalker" and "Kenchannel" has been given the four Starters and Xtreme Stadium by Takara Tomy, and have published the first unboxings of the new Beyblades. Here's their videos on KnightShield:
Ok, watched it and gotta say, there are 2 surpriseful things.

1: The blade is incredibly hollow inside, like they meade the defense type lighter than the attack type for goodness sake.
2: Despite being light and having a ridiculously sharp bit, it can hold it's ground against attackers. Sure it gets tossed around, but due to how the stadium is built it actually made it hard, it even made used of the wobbliness of the Needle bit to fend off attacks.
Yea I'm very pleased with the performance we've seen from this bey. As a defense Stan I'm very excited for this bey, and the Aug 10 bey which is supposedly also defense
I been watching a ton of battles with this bey and I must admit, it's pretty good at its job. I mean, the fact that it's lighter than Dran Sword is a disappointment, but it really is hard to get rid of in battle. Honestly surprised with its performance. I noticed in a few fights that it can sometimes stall at the ends of the stadium, and it's movement is also very weird, which helps.
And even though it gets thrown around alot, it doesn't burst alot, which is good. The "Gravity Perseus-ish" design really seems to be a boon for this bey.
Truly surprised by the performance. It actually defends itself.
I actually excited for this bey. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
I already see great defensive launching techniques with just the stock bey.
Has anyone found their Knight Shield blade to be wildly unbalanced? There's an extra nub of metal under the layer on only one side, but I didn't figure it would effect the performance so badly.

I've found that using a stock combo, it wobbles almost immediately and doesn't spin longer than a few seconds over a minute at most. Lowest spin time I had was just over 30-35 seconds using a controlled but not exactly light launch. I've tried altering launch strength, angle etc., but nothing seems to change the overall movement. Even switching around rachets+bits didn't make a huge difference in it's stability.

I was really looking forward to this release in particular, but it's just so wobbly especially in comparison to any of the other releases to date that I hesitate to even use it.
(Jul. 29, 2023  6:10 AM)dropoint Wrote: Has anyone found their Knight Shield blade to be wildly unbalanced? There's an extra nub of metal under the layer on only one side, but I didn't figure it would effect the performance so badly.

I've found that using a stock combo, it wobbles almost immediately and doesn't spin longer than a few seconds over a minute at most. Lowest spin time I had was just over 30-35 seconds using a controlled but not exactly light launch. I've tried altering launch strength, angle etc., but nothing seems to change the overall movement. Even switching around rachets+bits didn't make a huge difference in it's stability.

I was really looking forward to this release in particular, but it's just so wobbly especially in comparison to any of the other releases to date that I hesitate to even use it.

The wobbliness is intentional and part of how it's defensive abilities work. It uses needle and it's unbalanced weight to tip over and expose the top of the blade to the incoming opponent, with the idea that the top of the blade can deflect attacks better than the side.
(Jul. 29, 2023  12:24 PM)fabelavalon Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2023  6:10 AM)dropoint Wrote: Has anyone found their Knight Shield blade to be wildly unbalanced? There's an extra nub of metal under the layer on only one side, but I didn't figure it would effect the performance so badly.

The wobbliness is intentional and part of how it's defensive abilities work. It uses needle and it's unbalanced weight to tip over and expose the top of the blade to the incoming opponent, with the idea that the top of the blade can deflect attacks better than the side.

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for clarifying that eh :-) Finally received all of my pre-orders yesterday so I hadn't had time to do any battle testing until today.

I wasn't initially impressed with it's movement while spin testing... But in battles, the wobbling seems to work well for a counter attack most of the time. Glad to see that it performs adequately in the scenarios that matter hahaha... Like ya know, battles instead of just testing how long it can maintain spin :'D