B-29 Starter Valkyrie Wing Accel Entry Package

Notably, that's less than the retail price for Light Launcher-based Starters. My guess would be that removing the BeyLogger-reading mechanism lowered the cost of manufacturing significantly.
(Nov. 05, 2015  3:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Notably, that's less than the retail price for Light Launcher-based Starters. My guess would be that removing the BeyLogger-reading mechanism lowered the cost of manufacturing significantly.

So you think that the Proto Launcher will not have the white push-up button in the centre of the prongs and the window for the laser of the BeyLogger to shine through ? That would be a dramatic abandonment hah.
We can see in the photo that it doesn't have those. That's part of the basis of my theory that Takara-Tomy is going to abandon – or at least drastically lower the focus on – the BeyLogger.

(Nov. 05, 2015  3:49 PM)gankoba Wrote: I'm having a hard time getting excited about this one

Well, it's not really for people who are already all-in on Burst ... that said, new launchers are always exciting.
(Nov. 05, 2015  4:06 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: We can see in the photo that it doesn't have those. That's part of the basis of my theory that Takara-Tomy is going to abandon – or at least drastically lower the focus on – the BeyLogger.

They are such pixelated and blurry pictures that I would not be certain for now, but it makes sense.
Normally I would agree, but I think the pic is clear enough to see that the tell-tale hexagon is missing:

[Image: CR45dK-UwAAk62u.png]

I'm 99% certain the BeyLogger won't be able to read launches from this.
But it does not need the full black hexagon to read it ... That is just there for aesthetic purposes on the Light Launchers. It just needs a certain hole, and considering how butchered the Beyblade Burst logo is on those pictures, it is not impossible at all that the line exactly in the middle of the Proto Launcher is actually holes.
Willing to bet that they wouldn't bother to redesign that whole mechanism at great cost of time and money at this point, but we'll see when it drops. Smile
Hard to even tell if that's a ripcord launcher... If it is, that look like a REALLY short ripcord.... Might have to check it outTongue_out_wink

But this release as a whole confuses me. They could easily have released the launcher alone without a Bey, so that indicates to me that there has to be something new/different about the Bey itself. Maybe TT is actually listening about the teeth wear?
I would love the teeth to be fixed, but I just don't even see it as possible really. With the sharp attack points on Valkyrie, you cant have dull teeth like Odin, or it will jist self burst all the time. I think it is just a new, lower priced starter package for people that maybe were turned off by the cost of the original package because of the additional cost of the beylogger.
(Nov. 05, 2015  11:18 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: They could easily have released the launcher alone without a Bey, so that indicates to me that there has to be something new/different about the Bey itself.

It's a marketing-driven decision. This is aimed at new players, and is half the price of B-01.
I see. wonder if this will be done with Ragnaruk and Kerbeus too. Regardless, their strategy is working, I'm prolly gonna get at least one of these. I don't have any real attack stuff yet in Burst, so Valk is looking like a good choice.
(Nov. 06, 2015  3:04 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I see. wonder if this will be done with Ragnaruk and Kerbeus too. Regardless, their strategy is working, I'm prolly gonna get at least one of these. I don't have any real attack stuff yet in Burst, so Valk is looking like a good choice.

Doubtful seeing as Ragnaruk and Kerbeus weren't ever released as DX starters, just starters.

I agree, I'll probably get at least one of each our of curiosity more than anything lol
Don't forget they wear out! You'll need a back up! And don't forget a mint condition extra for collection's sake. Yeah, you're gonna need at least 3 of each. Grin Grin Grin
(Nov. 06, 2015  3:45 PM)gankoba Wrote: Don't forget they wear out! You'll need a back up! And don't forget a mint condition extra for collection's sake. Yeah, you're gonna need at least 3 of each. Grin Grin Grin

You know me so well, gankoba... XD

Then again, I reckon everyone will be doing that with this set just to be sure lol
I never got the original colour Valkyrie, and definitely need the Proto Launcher, so don't mind picking this up so much. Don't think I will get the Spriggan though.
Hmm... Darn... I'm starting to think maybe I should pick one up too... Wasn't planning on it... But I guess there might be something to the new launcher.... Oh my wallet...
(Nov. 06, 2015  4:14 PM)gankoba Wrote: Hmm... Darn... I'm starting to think maybe I should pick one up too... Wasn't planning on it... But I guess there might be something to the new launcher.... Oh my wallet...

That's Takara Tomy's evil plan. Get us all curious about the launcher no matter how useless it may be. Curiosity will get us to spend lol
The Winder is already a huge improvement, the current Winder design is impossible to pull comfortably IMO.
Same here, it's one of the main reasons I don't use the Light Launchers. It gets kind of semi-stuck whenever I try to.
My Light Launcher was working great at first, but now it skips like heck. Took it apart and nothing was wrong inside, so I guess it just died. I'm getting this as well as a red Beylauncher, just in case. But I'm definitely gonna use the Bey. I'd only keep it mint if it was rare or something.
This is going to be released on December 5th.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B017NCTG...9%E3%83%88
That's so soon! I probably won't be able to buy it! Please oh please Takara don't make it a "must buy"
[Image: 61D15%2BbqqbL._SL1100_.jpg]

Think Kai-V was right – this is a cheaper launcher, not a better one. I don't think you can attach the BeyLogger nor the Launchergrip to this.
Wow, another disappointment.