[Product]  B-24 Random Booster Vol. 02 Evil-eye Wing Needle

(Jun. 06, 2017  1:31 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2017  11:29 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: It's a beholder, a many eyed creature. Not sure about historical relevance tho.

A beholder? Why does it show a snake in the app for Hasbro instead of a beholder?

I'm guessing it's just a mix of the two. Snakes were generally seen as "evil".
(Jun. 06, 2017  1:34 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2017  1:31 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: A beholder? Why does it show a snake in the app for Hasbro instead of a beholder?

I'm guessing it's just a mix of the two. Snakes were generally seen as "evil".
A snake with 2 faces, now that is what I call, "Two-Faced!"
The evil eye is a feared curse done by an evil stare. A third eye is in many religions and beliefs around the world an eye on ones forehead that gives one the ability to look beyond space and time and see into different levels of reality and spirituality. The word Evipero comes from Evileye and Viper refering to it's Avatar design. In German folklore you can curse someone by knocking three times on wood and saying "Teu(fel)" every time. (Teufel is German for devil). The devil sometimes disguised as a serpent. Snakes were associated with evil reaching back to the bronze age and they were important in many religions. For example in Egypt there was a serpent godess called Wadjet who was the protector of all other gods (that explains the defense type) and she has the all-seeing eye of wisdom and vengance. That's probably what Evileye is based on.