[Product]  B-156 Random Booster 18

Still fanboying over the fact that Burst revisited the original plastic generation. I keep seeing them on the instagram page and I always leave a very happy like, haha.
(Dec. 19, 2019  8:55 AM)Urbanliner Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2019  5:28 PM)Biggster Wrote: So this means that Pr defense mode can actually fit Cho-Z awakening layers (and possibly other layers as well). It covers the part of the layer that expands/retracts (Cho-Z awakening "wings") or the black notches of Cho-Z Spriggan in order to prevent the deployment of the burst stoppers.

I don't believe that the disk can be flipped on Cho-Z awakening layers, as the description says it's only for the Naked base. I believe it simply means that it either prevents burst stoppers from being deployed for reasons (in stamina mode), or burst stoppers can't stop whatever Paradox is made of.

I'm pretty sure it's not made of any special material. It looks like regular translucent plastic. However, the Disc prongs on Paradox is shaped differently. The differently shaped prongs could be to forcibly retract the stoppers when it hits them.

Someone managed to get the new Diabolos and RB, the video showcases a bit more of the new spriggan and the dragoon
Mack the Burst has an actual unboxing of Naked Spriggan:
(Dec. 20, 2019  7:59 PM)originalzankye Wrote:

Someone managed to get the new Diabolos and RB, the video showcases a bit more of the new spriggan and the dragoon

It seems like Takara Tomoy Channel in HK
This video has weights of the Naked Base and Paradox disk.  Naked base is 9ish grams and Paradox is 24ish grams, around the same weight as 0.  I honestly expected both parts to be a bit heavier.
I just watched Mack the Burst's video on NS.Pr.Om 天, and it looks like the Paradox Disk's prongs are too thin to be stopped by the Cho-Z Awakening Burst Stoppers rather than just smashing them closed.
(Dec. 25, 2019  10:29 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I just watched Mack the Burst's video on NS.Pr.Om 天, and it looks like the Paradox Disk's prongs are too thin to be stopped by the Cho-Z Awakening Burst Stoppers rather than just smashing them closed.

Interesting. Given its light weight on top of this quite frankly strange incompatibility (like, why stop this use of Paradox and Cho-Z X layers specifically?), I'm really starting to question if Paradox has any use whatsoever.
this thing can spin equalize so well it's crazy
This video goes over the whole set, but also has the Gold Turbo Naked Base at the end:
new spriggan is pretty cool, just wish the random booster gave us new dash drivers like they did with Tact lol

oh also forgot about the frame on Bahamut
(The gold chip I used was from the Gold Lord doesn't actually come with it)

Gold Turbo Naked is pretty nice

lol
So, any inputs on the new parts of this release? I've yet to get mine in a week or so, but I just want to see if there have already been opinions regarding the usability of the new parts (mainly Naked and Paradox).
(Dec. 31, 2019  2:09 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: So, any inputs on the new parts of this release? I've yet to get mine in a week or so, but I just want to see if there have already been opinions regarding the usability of the new parts (mainly Naked and Paradox).

Just from watching Zankye's video (mine too is still en route), I think I was right in saying that Naked and Paradox are altogether unimpressive. Paradox looks to be too big of a scrape hazard on anything but Naked, and Naked itself doesn't look like it can handle the heat of same-spin fights well with Paradox, and I suspect it can't do it so well without Paradox either.

With no dominance in same-spin Lord easily knocks Naked out of contention with better performance in any spin direction, and Tact probably does better as well since I've seen it beat Lord with equivalent parts in same-spin and has more points to equalize with if absolutely needed.
(Jan. 01, 2020  7:44 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2019  2:09 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: So, any inputs on the new parts of this release? I've yet to get mine in a week or so, but I just want to see if there have already been opinions regarding the usability of the new parts (mainly Naked and Paradox).

Just from watching Zankye's video (mine too is still en route), I think I was right in saying that Naked and Paradox are altogether unimpressive. Paradox looks to be too big of a scrape hazard on anything but Naked, and Naked itself doesn't look like it can handle the heat of same-spin fights well with Paradox, and I suspect it can't do it so well without Paradox either.

With no dominance in same-spin Lord easily knocks Naked out of contention with better performance in any spin direction, and Tact probably does better as well since I've seen it beat Lord with equivalent parts in same-spin and has more points to equalize with if absolutely needed.

From my own tests recently, Naked Diabolos.Paradox.Orbit Metal seems to work nicely at least against opposite spin, yet it does have difficulties on same spin especially when going up against time-tested meta combos on Zwei, Lord, etc.

Paradox on its own is really underwhelming and quite disappointing tbh, but it has some nice smash attack potential and doesn't let Naked get any clicks in (most of the time). If I did have Goku Weight, I'd try it with possibly still with Spriggan or Diabolos2 maybe on Bearing?
(Jan. 25, 2020  10:40 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: From my own tests recently, Naked Diabolos.Paradox.Orbit Metal seems to work nicely at least against opposite spin, yet it does have difficulties on same spin especially when going up against time-tested meta combos on Zwei, Lord, etc.

Paradox on its own is really underwhelming and quite disappointing tbh, but it has some nice smash attack potential and doesn't let Naked get any clicks in (most of the time). If I did have Goku Weight, I'd try it with possibly still with Spriggan or Diabolos2 maybe on Bearing?

I dunno, other bases like Lord and Master do that better already. Plus, on top of that, its recoiley shape and low weight seems like an easy thing to exploit for easy KOs, especially if you're using Paradox with it too. I don't think its recoil is even very helpful in opposite spin either, so I just don't see the competitive appeal.

Is it usable? Maybe, but why risk Naked instead of using something that's overall less recoiley and doesn't mean you just straight up lose in same spin?
(Jan. 29, 2020  5:40 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2020  10:40 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: From my own tests recently, Naked Diabolos.Paradox.Orbit Metal seems to work nicely at least against opposite spin, yet it does have difficulties on same spin especially when going up against time-tested meta combos on Zwei, Lord, etc.

I dunno, other bases like Lord and Master do that better already. Plus, on top of that, its recoiley shape and low weight seems like an easy thing to exploit for easy KOs, especially if you're using Paradox with it too. I don't think its recoil is even very helpful in opposite spin either, so I just don't see the competitive appeal.

Is it usable? Maybe, but why risk Naked instead of using something that's overall less recoiley and doesn't mean you just straight up lose in same spin?

Good points, but if you're simply looking for fun combos for casual play, Naked and Paradox can definitely contribute quite nicely.

For competitive play, I do agree that it is has already been outshone by numerous left spinning Bases already, but if WBO is going to implement some of the 5G-rules (like my local tournament organizer is intending this upcoming February) specifically readying 5 combos per deck, I think some players would want to still keep Naked as a spare (probably for luck or the lolz)
(Jan. 29, 2020  6:07 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2020  5:40 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I dunno, other bases like Lord and Master do that better already. Plus, on top of that, its recoiley shape and low weight seems like an easy thing to exploit for easy KOs, especially if you're using Paradox with it too. I don't think its recoil is even very helpful in opposite spin either, so I just don't see the competitive appeal.

Good points, but if you're simply looking for fun combos for casual play, Naked and Paradox can definitely contribute quite nicely.

For competitive play, I do agree that it is has already been outshone by numerous left spinning Bases already, but if WBO is going to implement some of the 5G-rules (like my local tournament organizer is intending this upcoming February) specifically readying 5 combos per deck, I think some players would want to still keep Naked as a spare (probably for luck or the lolz)

Maybe on Destroy' if you're already using Bearing and Xtend+ elsewhere in a 5 bey deck (Presumable on Lord/Master), but even then I find it hard to see as a huge deal there.