[Product]  B-147 Random Layer Vol.2 Poison Hydra

(Jul. 02, 2019  4:29 PM)originalzankye Wrote: So it seems watching this video Hydra(Hidora) has the outer part of the layer with just complete rubber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzVEklIXsY looks really wacky it also seems the teeth are comparable to Joker from what I could understand in that video. None the less this whole set looks pretty interesting, we get the possibility of pulling at least the prize gatinko chip with Posion Hydra and  Bushin Hydra(50%). Ace Joker and it's colours look alright and rock Valkyrie looks ok.
----
I've updated this post with another link above from the CoroCoro video that shows off Poison Hydra Rachet Rise in battle(random stock lol)

The color scheme is sooo Neptune. They both mythologically (if that’s a word) are dominant in the seas.
(Jul. 03, 2019  3:49 PM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2019  2:10 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: It's like Trident. It shouldn't spin steal at all.

All beys can steal spin regardless of their gimmick, as long as they are in opposite spin against an opponent. Some beys just steal spin at a better rate than others, like the ones with rubber contact points. This does not make them win opposite-spin matches - the LAD of the entire combo determines that.

(Jul. 03, 2019  3:02 PM)AcressVN Wrote: remember what maruti said? "The next bey will recover during battle". The Hydra, when chop 1 heads, 2 grow back. Maybe it has an extra gimmick that it will recover clicks like TurboLibra's Galahad

The YouTube video literally showed the gimmick of the layer base.. I don't think there can be any extra gimmick they haven't revealed.

Oh ok then
(Jul. 05, 2019  4:08 AM)AcressVN Wrote: [quote='KingSpin' pid='1529215' dateline='1562165372']

The YouTube video literally showed the gimmick of the layer base.. I don't think there can be any extra gimmick they haven't revealed.

Well maybe it isn’t “just” the layer base...
Maybe the disk and driver will have something to do with this whole “recover during battle” thingamadoodlederp... after all, the driver is the part that’s in contact with the stadium...
And the disk may have some form of flywheel effect that will help it... well... “recover during battle”...

That is, if we even get a new disk & driver when it fully releases...
(Jul. 05, 2019  7:15 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2019  4:08 AM)AcressVN Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2019  3:49 PM)KingSpin Wrote: The YouTube video literally showed the gimmick of the layer base.. I don't think there can be any extra gimmick they haven't revealed.

Well maybe it isn’t “just” the layer base...
Maybe the disk and driver will have something to do with this whole “recover during battle” thingamadoodlederp...   after all,  the driver is the part that’s in contact with the stadium...
And the disk may have some form of flywheel effect that will help it... well... “recover during battle”...

That is, if we even get a new disk & driver when it fully releases...
marutti shared a picture in a thread earlier on teasing a bey that will recover clicks so this is definitely not having that ability.
(Jul. 05, 2019  7:18 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2019  7:15 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
marutti shared a picture in a thread earlier on teasing a bey that will recover clicks so this is definitely not having that ability.

Oooooo. So it was that one ehh?
Hmm, interesting.... ?
(Jul. 05, 2019  7:37 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2019  7:18 AM)Zeutron Wrote: marutti shared a picture in a thread earlier on teasing a bey that will recover clicks so this is definitely not having that ability.

Oooooo. So it was that one ehh?
Hmm, interesting....  ?

Recovering Bey will be august release.
Hydra gimick will be kind of Screw Trident.
Poison is like how Trident's gimmick should have been in the first place. But the super soft rubber might be counter-productive to its defensive intention, or maybe the Master Bladers are just exaggerating the flimsiness to show off how flexible it is?
Review video link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOmdbXbumo
From SpChannel
Hydra chip: 3.13 grams
Poison base: 15.47 grams
Overall, rubber seems as flexible as in the TT video, and chip has 3 teeth

From the battles, I can say that this base probably doesn't have the most stamina, since when the parts connected by rubber are hit in a downward or upward motion, the rubber will have to make the plastic go back to its original position which destabilizes the combination, since it almost got outspun by Crash Ragnaruk 7B Fusion'. May be good for purely defense combos. Btw, it had Around and Atomic as it's parts during the battles. The chip might be decent, but seems like a chip similar to Joker's.
Been trying out the PRIZE LAYER HYDRA and I really am liking it! Poison Hydra 0 Proof Atomic Zan seems like a pretty decent combo with it right now
Hm, ive been thinking about something, remember how the suggested combo for DB was DB.Rt.Tr Ten?
The official combo is DB 7W Om. Wall is similar to Ratchet in some way
The suggested combo for PH is PH.Ar.Bl, so i think PH's disc is a round disc, but not Proof frame becuz we already have Proof on HP
(Jul. 23, 2019  5:05 AM)AcressVN Wrote: Hm, ive been thinking about something, remember how the suggested combo for DB was DB.Rt.Tr Ten?
The official combo is DB 7W Om.  Wall is similar to Ratchet in some way
The suggested combo for PH is PH.Ar.Bl, so i think PH's disc is a round disc, but not Proof frame becuz we already have Proof on HP

It'd be better if they come up with a new Disk or release Around as part of the actual stock combo of PH. Worst case is they'll reuse Keep as the Driver in that case.
The rock base in this release seems to be an improved mold
(Jul. 25, 2019  2:40 AM)Blader92 Wrote: The rock base in this release seems to be an improved mold

What aspect of it has been improved? Weight?
(Jul. 25, 2019  8:56 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2019  2:40 AM)Blader92 Wrote: The rock base in this release seems to be an improved mold

What aspect of it has been improved? Weight?

https://youtu.be/qvSsItHLgFE

At around 5:40 he mentions there has been a reinforced bit under the rock base. It’s a minor difference.
Dang, the recommended combo really sucks. I'd love to see Poison Hydra with the βite Driver in its full release if it gets a new Disk rather than a new Driver.
Sorry to necrobump this thread, but was Poison good in Gt in retrospect? (Asking this to commemorate Poison hydra pro series coming out)
(Dec. 01, 2021  9:47 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Sorry to necrobump this thread, but was Poison good in Gt in retrospect? (Asking this to commemorate Poison hydra pro series coming out)

I am afraid not. I haven't do thorough tests, but at least for burst resistance it is only at the medium level among all GT Layers. And given that low burst resistance is a common issue among GT Layers, being at medium level is definitely not enough to be competitive. It don't have obvious advantages in stamina or attack either. In general I think it is only about the same level as Ace Dragon (not the improved-mold Ace that have burst stopper, just the original Ace Blade).
For the Pro version, I don't think it is necessary to get this release other than collection purpose, unless you really want the Gen Weight or Keep Driver (yet I don't think they are that competitive, either), or Hasbro fixed the mold to make it have much higher burst resistance (you know, basically impossible).
(Dec. 02, 2021  8:49 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Ok noted thanks for th heads up!

I’d ask others input on poison as well. I’ll explain why in PMs.