[Product]  B-134 Booster Slash Valkyrie.Bl.Pw 烈

(Mar. 21, 2019  6:42 PM)TuckBlade Wrote: slash has terrible teeth, just see the youtube videos.

The teeth are massive. The immense weight of the Blitz Disk is what makes it bad. Heavy disks allow for more tooth skipping, which is exactly what the problem is with stock GT Beys.
(Mar. 21, 2019  7:28 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  6:42 PM)TuckBlade Wrote: slash has terrible teeth, just see the youtube videos.

The teeth are massive. The immense weight of the Blitz Disk is what makes it bad. Heavy disks allow for more tooth skipping, which is exactly what the problem is with stock GT Beys.

0 or 00 would be perfect for slash valkyrie
(Mar. 21, 2019  7:34 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  7:28 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The teeth are massive. The immense weight of the Blitz Disk is what makes it bad. Heavy disks allow for more tooth skipping, which is exactly what the problem is with stock GT Beys.

0 or 00 would be perfect for slash valkyrie
Why nerf the bey? Just use a dash driver.
(Mar. 21, 2019  8:49 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  7:34 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: 0 or 00 would be perfect for slash valkyrie
Why nerf the bey? Just use a dash driver.

not really nerfing the bey since blitz' immense weight is the reason why it bursts a lot. your right dash drivers will increase the burst resistance and 00 or 0 would be a lighter weight than blitz.

a combo i currently use is slash valkyrie 00 xtreme dash/destroy dash with zan weight
(Mar. 21, 2019  9:04 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  8:49 PM)g2_ Wrote: Why nerf the bey? Just use a dash driver.

not really nerfing the bey since blitz' immense weight is the reason why it bursts a lot. your right dash drivers will increase the burst resistance and 00 or 0 would be a lighter weight than blitz.

a combo i currently use is slash valkyrie 00 xtreme dash/destroy dash with zan weight

If your going with Xtreme' use Blitz.
(Mar. 21, 2019  10:37 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  9:04 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: not really nerfing the bey since blitz' immense weight is the reason why it bursts a lot. your right dash drivers will increase the burst resistance and 00 or 0 would be a lighter weight than blitz.

If your going with Xtreme' use Blitz
is 00 not good for slash valkyrie? tbh i prefer it
(Mar. 21, 2019  11:07 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  10:37 PM)g2_ Wrote: If your going with Xtreme' use Blitz
is 00 not good for slash valkyrie? tbh i prefer it

I think that g2_ is saying this because the golden spring is able to cancel out tooth skipping, but we still don't know to what extent.
(Mar. 21, 2019  11:30 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  11:07 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: is 00 not good for slash valkyrie? tbh i prefer it

I think that g2_ is saying this because the golden spring is able to cancel out tooth skipping, but we still don't know to what extent.
I'm going to get Slash Valkyrie soon, I'll do some tests
I've seen a lot of people and some youtubers being pretty critical of the new Valkyrie layer, and just want to mention some points stated by members who were here before me, as well as some that may or may not have been brought up.

1. The Slash base is simpler and more versatile in design compared to the previous Valkyrie layer

People had Cho-V hyped up a bit more than it deserved, in my opinion. The wings obstructed attack points, and it seemed like the bulk was there more for the weight and gimmick than attacking ability. With the layer base, you have the option of changing teeth depending on your preference (normal, tall teeth vs Valkyrie chip bricks). Additionally, it doesn't have the annoying burst stopping wings to lower smash.

2. The teeth are made that way for a reason.

This could sound like some desperate plea to justify Valkyrie's teeth, but honestly, they seem well balanced for their height. I may change this statement once my SV arrives, but I prefer this balanced, crazy set of two massive teeth rather than 4 gigantic teeth for more Garuda/Requiem situations when Valkyrie is paired with a low recoil layer base. The direction TT has taken so far with GT seems more interesting than the lack of bursts that was slightly disheartening, and allows for more customization like the popular Metal Saga beyblades.

3. Remember the other parts.

Stock combo videos usually don't give us a wider view of the layer's performance. I don't think aC would have been considered as much of a defensive powerhouse if people only used it in its stock aC.6M.T combo, so it is pretty important to remember the fact that beyblade is a customization-based game. Blitz especially seems to be a disk that even the likes of Cho-V or Cho-A may struggle with when equipped with its heavy weight and increased burst risk. This ensures that core disks remain viable for the time being. Power, while fun and interesting, is not the most powerful driver in the game, and can be interchanged with other attack-oriented drivers.

Anyways, it seems weirdly harsh to say this at all.

Just wanted to point out a few good points before people jump on the "these new beyblades suck, they're so much weaker than Cho-Z" train that seems to have gained a small amount of traction. Beyblade is about enjoyment of this shared hobby anyways, and to me, Cho-Z took away some of those earlier days full of bursts and action (as a semi-casual player anyways).

sV's stock combo is horrible always bursting
(Mar. 22, 2019  1:44 AM)Hussainthetank Wrote: sV's stock combo is horrible always bursting

*SV The base use an upper case letter for kts abbreviation
(Mar. 22, 2019  12:45 AM)Dragunix Wrote: I've seen a lot of people and some youtubers being pretty critical of the new Valkyrie layer, and just want to mention some points stated by members who were here before me, as well as some that may or may not have been brought up.

1. The Slash base is simpler and more versatile in design compared to the previous Valkyrie layer

People had Cho-V hyped up a bit more than it deserved, in my opinion. The wings obstructed attack points, and it seemed like the bulk was there more for the weight and gimmick than attacking ability. With the layer base, you have the option of changing teeth depending on your preference (normal, tall teeth vs Valkyrie chip bricks). Additionally, it doesn't have the annoying burst stopping wings to lower smash.

2. The teeth are made that way for a reason.

This could sound like some desperate plea to justify Valkyrie's teeth, but honestly, they seem well balanced for their height. I may change this statement once my SV arrives, but I prefer this balanced, crazy set of two massive teeth rather than 4 gigantic teeth for more Garuda/Requiem situations when Valkyrie is paired with a low recoil layer base. The direction TT has taken so far with GT seems more interesting than the lack of bursts that was slightly disheartening, and allows for more customization like the popular Metal Saga beyblades.

3. Remember the other parts.

Stock combo videos usually don't give us a wider view of the layer's performance. I don't think aC would have been considered as much of a defensive powerhouse if people only used it in its stock aC.6M.T combo, so it is pretty important to remember the fact that beyblade is a customization-based game. Blitz especially seems to be a disk that even the likes of Cho-V or Cho-A may struggle with when equipped with its heavy weight and increased burst risk. This ensures that core disks remain viable for the time being. Power, while fun and interesting, is not the most powerful driver in the game, and can be interchanged with other attack-oriented drivers.

Anyways, it seems weirdly harsh to say this at all.

Just wanted to point out a few good points before people jump on the "these new beyblades suck, they're so much weaker than Cho-Z" train that seems to have gained a small amount of traction. Beyblade is about enjoyment of this shared hobby anyways, and to me, Cho-Z took away some of those earlier days full of bursts and action (as a semi-casual player anyways).

That is quite a well-versed opinion on SV. Quite honestly, I liked it when they Burst more (in casual play), but if TT has already released parts that actually make something from Burst line un-Burst-able, competitive-wise, I can see why some people would groan and say that GT System might take a turn for the worst.

For the most part, I really enjoyed Burst even if the meta became stagnant. Probably only a few people would actually take the time to learn the effects of each part on each other and be able to create combos that work well not just for the Bladers but may make a dent on the current meta (infested with Stamina/Defense hybrids).

The release of Dash/Prime Drivers is a great move by TT to give ability for Attack-loving Bladers to bash the opponent Beys into smithereens, especially those that spam the usual Eternal/Bearing/Atomic/Xt+ combos in tournaments. I never particularly enjoyed battles that last more than 2 minutes, so the increased Burstability rate of GT is quite refreshing, like a remastering of Single and Dual Layers.

I love all the Valkyrie releases, and of course, Chouzetsu Valkyrie will have a special place as my favorite. But GT deserves love and attention too. After all, it's just the initial release. Heck, for people who whine a lot about increased Bursting, you can probably slap a Destroy'/Xtreme'/Hunter'/Zephyr' on any recoil-heavy Bases with the heaviest Weights and tightest Chip teeths and you get a powerhouse combo that rarely Bursts AND attacks like crazy.
Honestly it does irk me with how many people aren't willing to give things their fair shot or make assumptions off of the stock combo. Each piece has a place in the puzzle, and people are just too narrow-minded to see that sometimes.

The layer looks fairly strong barring maybe Retsu (lopsided weights need some special care to work out, and I'm not sure this is the right sort of combo for it). That Victory Valkyrie-like design has always been decent to strong for Attack, which might make Slash viable. It probably already takes Cho-Z Valkyrie out of the running due to its flawed burst stopper gimmick, which means the only question is "can it dethrone Cho-Z Achilles?", which is up in the air until more testing is done. the chip is interesting and has potential just through the sheer strength of its "teeth".

The disk is powerful. Full stop. The only issue it has is risk because it's just that heavy. Even then it stands a chance of working out as it's an increase in power for anything that uses it despite the burst risk.

The driver is just terribly designed though, and is probably a major reason why its stock combo fails so badly. The spring gimmick doesn't appear all that relevant, and its jagged plastic contact point just isn't gonna cut it. I don't see a use for this thing at all right now.

So hey, we've got 3 out of 5 parts with significant potential to do more than we've seen from them in stock. Let's give them a chance before just declaring them useless.
(Mar. 22, 2019  5:56 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Honestly it does irk me with how many people aren't willing to give things their fair shot or make assumptions off of the stock combo. Each piece has a place in the puzzle, and people are just too narrow-minded to see that sometimes.

The layer looks fairly strong barring maybe Retsu (lopsided weights need some special care to work out, and I'm not sure this is the right sort of combo for it). That Victory Valkyrie-like design has always been decent to strong for Attack, which might make Slash viable. It probably already takes Cho-Z Valkyrie out of the running due to its flawed burst stopper gimmick, which means the only question is "can it dethrone Cho-Z Achilles?", which is up in the air until more testing is done. the chip is interesting and has potential just through the sheer strength of its "teeth".

The disk is powerful. Full stop. The only issue it has is risk because it's just that heavy. Even then it stands a chance of working out as it's an increase in power for anything that uses it despite the burst risk.

The driver is just terribly designed though, and is probably a major reason why its stock combo fails so badly. The spring gimmick doesn't appear all that relevant, and its jagged plastic contact point just isn't gonna cut it. I don't see a use for this thing at all right now.

So hey, we've got 3 out of 5 parts with significant potential to do more than we've seen from them in stock. Let's give them a chance before just declaring them useless.
Cho-Z Achilles was never really amazing. It has some pretty bad teeth, and a lot of testing has been done proving that it’s overall just okay. I’m not sure about this part, but apparently it struggles with stamina too? At least, mine does, and other people who I have seen do as well. If we were going towards goals, I would suggest Perfect Phoenix, but even that is just “meh.” Plus, Power’s gimmick apparently works pretty well, at least from what I have seen. I have to agree with Retsu not being that great for Valkyrie’s shape though. According to what I have seen, it does a whole lot better with Zan. I also really must agree with your opinion on the disk. I personally think that these parts were made too much for Xcalibur rather than Valkyrie. I guess we’ll just have to wait for more testing to be done though.
(Mar. 22, 2019  6:23 AM)MGoldZeo Wrote: Cho-Z Achilles was never really amazing. It has some pretty bad teeth, and a lot of testing has been done proving that it’s overall just okay. I’m not sure about this part, but apparently it struggles with stamina too? At least, mine does, and other people who I have seen do as well. If we were going towards goals, I would suggest Perfect Phoenix, but even that is just “meh.” Plus, Power’s gimmick apparently works pretty well, at least from what I have seen. I have to agree with Retsu not being that great for Valkyrie’s shape though. According to what I have seen, it does a whole lot better with Zan. I also really must agree with your opinion on the disk. I personally think that these parts were made too much for Xcalibur rather than Valkyrie. I guess we’ll just have to wait for more testing to be done though.

I think Attack is what's "just okay" with the excessive amount of Defense power out there right now, not necessarily any particular Attack layer. Stamina doesn't matter for Attack types unless you're running some sort of Attack hybrid, which is really more of a Balance type anyways. I really have no clue why "This Attack part has no Stamina" is something people keep bringing up when that never matters for Attack.

I used to crush Revive Phoenix with a stationary wV combo. It's altogether possible that this could be used in a similar manner to crush pP.

Even if Power's gimmick works, a working gimmick on a poorly designed tip is still not worth much. It's like Vice Leopard: amazing burst resistance on a bad part is still just bad.
Nice finds @[Triumph]!

But I'm telling ya guys, seeing two dual layers using the Gachi system, this brings the term "Dual Layers" to what we thought they'd be, customizable layers with two parts.
(Mar. 21, 2019  7:28 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

That doesn't make sense. The heavy disks that come on GT beys weight about as much as competitive number disks using a competitive frame. Wouldn't using something like 00Bump be just as bad?
(Mar. 23, 2019  9:19 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2019  7:28 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The teeth are massive. The immense weight of the Blitz Disk is what makes it bad. Heavy disks allow for more tooth skipping, which is exactly what the problem is with stock GT Beys.

That doesn't make sense. The heavy disks that come on GT beys weight about as much as competitive number disks using a competitive frame. Wouldn't using something like 00Bump be just as bad?
Well 00Bump is not unbalanced like Blitz.
(Mar. 23, 2019  9:19 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:

Potentially, yes. That also depends on the weight distribution. Apparently, 00 has more CWD, making it a bit harder to burst, while Blitz probably has a bit more OWD than CWD, (not confirmed) taking the little flaps into account, so that makes it easier to burst.

(Mar. 22, 2019  3:29 PM)Triumph Wrote: [Image: D2QANkXUcAAkup6.jpg:large]

Did TT make these, or is it fanmade?
(Mar. 23, 2019  11:40 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2019  3:29 PM)Triumph Wrote: [img]

Did TT make these, or is it fanmade?

Those are the prototypes for GT Layers that Takara-Tomy used. One of their Twitter profiles typically posts pictures of them and concept art following big releases.

Also, please remove photos from quotes next time, especially if they're of posts from the same page. The images stretch the page unnecessarily.
(Mar. 24, 2019  1:39 AM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2019  11:40 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Did TT make these, or is it fanmade?

Those are the prototypes for GT Layers that Takara-Tomy used. One of their Twitter profiles typically posts pictures of them and concept art following big releases.

Also, please remove photos from quotes next time, especially if they're of posts from the same page. The images stretch the page unnecessarily.

Okay, thanks. That's what I thought they were, but I didn't see them on the master blader twitter accounts, so I couldn't be sure. Also, I usually put long quotes/pictures in spoilers, but forgot this time.
(Mar. 23, 2019  10:03 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2019  9:19 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: That doesn't make sense. The heavy disks that come on GT beys weight about as much as competitive number disks using a competitive frame. Wouldn't using something like 00Bump be just as bad?
Well 00Bump is not unbalanced like Blitz.

I don't have it yet, but just going off of design Blitz doesn't look unbalanced to me. The movable plastic pieces aren't going to cause any significant instability, and the three-sided design should balance out properly just the same as any other three-sided disk (like Triple and Magnum).

Honestly, I think Retsu might be part of the bursting problem here, as that's a source of imbalance that makes it easier to burst.
Why was Slash Valkyrie glowing gold in the trailer.
(Mar. 24, 2019  5:10 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2019  10:03 PM)g2_ Wrote: Well 00Bump is not unbalanced like Blitz.

I don't have it yet, but just going off of design Blitz doesn't look unbalanced to me. The movable plastic pieces aren't going to cause any significant instability, and the three-sided design should balance out properly just the same as any other three-sided disk (like Triple and Magnum).

Honestly, I think Retsu might be part of the bursting problem here, as that's a source of imbalance that makes it easier to burst.

dont forget about the driver's weak spring