[Product]  B-113 Booster Hell Salamander.12.Op

(May. 29, 2018  7:58 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Thanks for the effort sonyat! Can you please share some pictures if you don't mind? I just want to see the contact points.. Hope you don't mind.

I don't mind at all. Smile Happy to help if I can! I'll get those done tomorrow. Just to clarify, contact points of Hell Salamander's layer, 12 disc comparison, or both?
(May. 29, 2018  8:24 AM)sonyat Wrote:
(May. 29, 2018  7:58 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Thanks for the effort sonyat! Can you please share some pictures if you don't mind? I just want to see the contact points.. Hope you don't mind.

I don't mind at all. Smile Happy to help if I can! I'll get those done tomorrow. Just to clarify, contact points of Hell Salamander's layer, 12 disc comparison, or both?
Disc 12 comparison for now. Contact points of Hell Salamder don't look like they will cause damage, so only disc 12.
(May. 29, 2018  9:02 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Disc 12 comparison for now. Contact points of Hell Salamder don't look like they will cause damage, so only disc 12.

I have more horizontal photos, just didn't want to clog up the thread. If these angles aren't what you're looking for, I can do more no problem.

hS 12 disc on the left, wV 12 disc on the right:

[Image: tumblr_inline_p9i41vKjrH1sdmo8c_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_p9i3ysXTQX1sdmo8c_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_p9i3z5bGhn1sdmo8c_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_p9i3zdoluw1sdmo8c_500.jpg]
(May. 29, 2018  6:54 PM)sonyat Wrote: I have more horizontal photos, just didn't want to clog up the thread. If these angles aren't what you're looking for, I can do more no problem.

hS 12 disc on the left, wV 12 disc on the right:

[Image: tumblr_inline_p9i41vKjrH1sdmo8c_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_p9i3ysXTQX1sdmo8c_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_p9i3z5bGhn1sdmo8c_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_p9i3zdoluw1sdmo8c_500.jpg]

Yeah, I'm playing "spot the difference" with these pictures, and they're identical. As far as I can tell, they could both be wV 12 discs. No way to tell which disc came from which blade, at the very least.
While I've still got 4-5 hours to burn doing more testing, I'm gonna tentatively and thankfully say Hell Salamander's layer isn't an issue (sitting on roughly 10 hours testing time). The rest of my God beys weren't damaged at all, just some usual paint scratch. Cho-Z beys weren't damaged beyond some small paint scratch—same applies to hS—except for bL which is still in pristine condition. zA has a tiny, deep scratch at the tip of one of the wings(?)/swords which isn't surprising given their shape.

All in all, seems like regular wear and tear. Drain Fafnir appears to have been a stroke of bad luck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Getting more experience from others will be key, though.

hS also isn't ridiculously OP, IMO. God bey and Cho-Z bey combos can withstand it without game-breaking loss rates and I'm sure skilled players will be able to do some cool stuff with and against it. Shame I don't own a second Bearing to see if it can consistently beat out Sr.0B.Br on the same set-up. It can on Atomic so far. Ha... where would we be without Atomic, I gotta wonder. ?

To those curious about the teeth, they feel similar to eF, but I could be wrong and am looking forward to others' opinions! hS's burst rate is low, as in only a handful of times across 10 hours low unless it's on Bearing (could very well be my inexperience here) or... Operate, sadly. Operate's not shaping up to be a tight driver on any of my beys, but I'll maintain how fun and neat it is regardless.

...Man, rest in peace my LR string launchers after yesterday and today, haha.
@[sonyat] In a stationary hS combo, Defense mode on the layer would be better than the Attack mode?
(May. 30, 2018  12:51 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: @[sonyat] In a stationary hS combo, Defense mode on the layer would be better than the Attack mode?

Oh jeez, I may have confused the modes this entire time. Sigh. Is 5 blades the defense mode and 10 attack?
(May. 30, 2018  1:01 AM)sonyat Wrote:
(May. 30, 2018  12:51 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: @[sonyat] In a stationary hS combo, Defense mode on the layer would be better than the Attack mode?

Oh jeez, I may have confused the modes this entire time. Sigh. Is 5 blades the defense mode and 10 attack?

5 Blades is Attack and 10 Blades is Defense Mode
Ahh nice, my memory didn't fail me this time, aha. I've yet to play competitively, tbh, so it's hiiighly likely I'm missing crucial info in some areas. In your opinion, is the combo I'm testing with better in attack mode?

@[SUGOI-KONICHEWA] I just realized you were possibly asking me a question and I totally misread it. I'm sorry! I haven't done too much testing in 5 blade mode yet. Without getting into it, it's a struggle for me to mode change due to how stiff and/or strong the mechanism is.
Hey guys. I need some help.

I recently just got my Hell Salamander and REALLY like it, besides the fact that when I launch it in the defense mode on Operate, there's a 50/50 change it switches to attack in battle and becomes unbalanced and bouncy. (Even when I flat launch).

Any suggestions?
(Jun. 07, 2018  10:17 PM)CallMeBrando Wrote: Hey guys. I need some help.

I recently just got my Hell Salamander and REALLY like it, besides the fact that when I launch it in the defense mode on Operate, there's a 50/50 change it switches to attack in battle and becomes unbalanced and bouncy. (Even when I flat launch).

Any suggestions?

I just got mine as well, and I'm having this same issue. Did they only give it a lock for Attack mode or something, or am I missing something here?
(Jun. 07, 2018  10:38 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2018  10:17 PM)CallMeBrando Wrote: Hey guys. I need some help.

Any suggestions?

I just got mine as well, and I'm having this same issue. Did they only give it a lock for Attack mode or something, or am I missing something here?

I've had the same issue with mine since day one. If you're missing something, so am I. If someone does have a solution, it'd be most welcome.
I just got this guy and from what I have heard because he spins to the left his 12 disc wont sherd any other beyblades. Is this true or will i have to put a frame on the disc?
(Jun. 09, 2018  11:28 PM)Acob Wrote: I just got this guy and from what I have heard because he spins to the left his 12 disc wont sherd any other beyblades. Is this true or will i have to put a frame on the disc?

It's not going to gouge things as bad as it does with the sharp points in right spin, but smacking things with the backside of 12's blades will still cause damage fast if they make contact. Put a frame on that bad boy, or better yet don't use such a terrible disk at all.

I will say that it is probably fairly safe on Hell Salamander though, but not because of its spin direction. Hell Salamander essentially hides the blades underneath its own large width (which is just slightly smaller than Maximum Garuda), thus protecting opponents from it that way. This doesn't protect anything when it bursts though, as the flying 12 disk could still cause damage to the stadium or anything else it hits.

tl;dr it's Hell Salamander's width, not spin direction, that keeps things safe, but a burst undoes that protection so put a frame on it anyways for safety.
Thanks for responding. That really sucks that you have to put a frame on it, I really wish that they would have dulled 12! Anyway im glad i learned this news or it couls have been bad.
The only reason we have been getting more breaking reports for wV stock vs hS stock is the rotation. In right spin the blades on the disk are roating to the right, meaning that if a bey hits the disk it is a 75 to 80 percent chance to hit the tip of one of the blades and have it slice at the layer. In left spin the tips on the disks blade will not directly hit the opponents layer, reducing the damage done by the 12 disk
(Jun. 18, 2018  10:38 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: The only reason we have been getting more breaking reports for wV stock vs hS stock is the rotation. In right spin the blades on the disk are roating to the right, meaning that if a bey hits the disk it is a 75 to 80 percent chance to hit the tip of one of the blades and have it slice at the layer. In left spin the tips on the disks blade will not directly hit the opponents layer, reducing the damage done by the 12 disk

Although the spin direction does matter quite a bit, this has more to do with the fact that Hell Salamander is wider and covers 12's blades better, effectively shielding opponents from the disk and minimizing any disk contact. Winning Valkyrie has those large gaps where the blades may peak and just generally doesn't go nearly as far towards protecting opponents from the disk as other layers, especially with taller drivers like Xtend or Tower or anything that might end up off-balanced like Volcanic.

There's just so much more going on than spin direction alone that contributes to 12's damaging potential. Contact spacing and the overall size of the layer, the height and stability of the driver you're using, the combos burst resistance, and even how you launch the bey all play a part in aiding or preventing 12 from damaging things too.

12 is sharp either way you spin it, so don't hold your hopes up just because your bey is spinning left. There's a lot more to it than that, and any belief that 12 is safe in felt spin is folly. Tread with care.
Just got mine and I'm having the same issue I found if you tilt your launcher forward and launch a tad lighter than normal it increases the possibility of it staying in defense mode
(Jun. 23, 2018  11:02 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2018  10:38 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: The only reason we have been getting more breaking reports for wV stock vs hS stock is the rotation. In right spin the blades on the disk are roating to the right, meaning that if a bey hits the disk it is a 75 to 80 percent chance to hit the tip of one of the blades and have it slice at the layer. In left spin the tips on the disks blade will not directly hit the opponents layer, reducing the damage done by the 12 disk

Although the spin direction does matter quite a bit, this has more to do with the fact that Hell Salamander is wider and covers 12's blades better, effectively shielding opponents from the disk and minimizing any disk contact. Winning Valkyrie has those large gaps where the blades may peak and just generally doesn't go nearly as far towards protecting opponents from the disk as other layers, especially with taller drivers like Xtend or Tower or anything that might end up off-balanced like Volcanic.

There's just so much more going on than spin direction alone that contributes to 12's damaging potential. Contact spacing and the overall size of the layer, the height and stability of the driver you're using, the combos burst resistance, and even how you launch the bey all play a part in aiding or preventing 12 from damaging things too.

12 is sharp either way you spin it, so don't hold your hopes up just because your bey is spinning left. There's a lot more to it than that, and any belief that 12 is safe in felt spin is folly. Tread with care.

Okay, thanks for enlightening me on this
Hell Salamander back in stock at retail price on AmiAmi likely for a very short window!
(Apr. 17, 2018  10:52 PM)KnightPro Wrote: I think B-113 is Hell Salamander possibly.

agreed

(Jun. 26, 2018  1:28 AM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  11:02 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Although the spin direction does matter quite a bit, this has more to do with the fact that Hell Salamander is wider and covers 12's blades better, effectively shielding opponents from the disk and minimizing any disk contact. Winning Valkyrie has those large gaps where the blades may peak and just generally doesn't go nearly as far towards protecting opponents from the disk as other layers, especially with taller drivers like Xtend or Tower or anything that might end up off-balanced like Volcanic.

Okay, thanks for enlightening me on this

Agreed...thanks!
My boy h e double hockey stick Salamander(yes I say it like that it's fun to say)honestly such an amazing layer I wish I had it.
Hell Salamder is a great defense/stamina layer but 12 and operator are kind of useless parts imo