[Product]  幻 (Gen) Weight

https://twitter.com/masterblader_h/statu...09888?s=21
This tweet from this morning has a promo for a new part available to participants at the 2019 Asian G4 Championships.

[Image: gTnuHbP.jpg]
The Weight is called 幻 (pronounced Gen), which can mean things like "vision" or "phantom" and other simular words, and is a small rubber part that increases the tightness of the Burst lock.

Here's TT's info page on it: https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...yPost=2455
I saw that marutti posted something on YouTube about a similar look8ng layer weight called "Gen" that is rubber? It almost looks EXACTLY the same...

EDIT: looks like the same one, maybe it is plastic after all. Marutti said it's supposed to "make the lock hard."
I read the Takara Tomy page, it says it is rubber and is supposed to make beys harder to burst.
Evidently, I can't read, haha. Edited OP.
Make your bey more T H I C C. I'm guessing this doesn't stack with a regular weight thing?
That looks very cool
So it increases burst resistance at the cost of weight. It is a chunk of rubber so it should have some weight but would probably still be lighter than other weights.

Also, due to its rubber construction, it will wear down and its burst resistance will gradually diminish.

But I can assume that KV.Rt/00W/Bl.Br幻 will be a lethal stationary attack combo.

The monster teeth of Valkyrie and the grip of Maboroshi should be able to compensate for the weak spring of bearing with a high OWD heavy disk.

Bearing would allow for high stamina and LAD.

Kill would give it extreme grip attack against right spin and allow for spin equalization against left spin.

But neither this layer weight nor Kill Joker are released yet so this is just a theory combo based off assumptions and knowledge of beyblade mecanics.
This is very very interesting. I'm glad they are doing more things with weight than just different weight (distribution) weights.

But can we use normal weight along with it? Maybe adding this thing first. Than normal weight on it?
Rhis could have released with WF
Well I guess DBZ is taking over Burst We have a Goku weight and Mabo*ROSHI* weight
(May. 10, 2019  4:19 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: This is very very interesting. I'm glad they are doing more things with weight than just different weight (distribution) weights.

But can we use normal weight along with it? Maybe adding this thing first. Than normal weight on it?

No you cannot. It's burst resistance at the cost of weight.
Normally I dislike tightening burst resistance gimmicks, but I do like it here. It does increase burst resistance at the cost of losing a lot of weight since this has no metal whatsoever. I think if this was used on any round layers it'd be crazy. This would certainly work nicely with Br, and with any dash driver, well the thing probably won't burst ever.
Using google translate, apparently its called "illusory Weight".
Heres the whole paragraph :3

bba. store event participation campaign enforcement!

In commemoration of the Asian Championship 2019 held on May 26, 2019
From Wednesday, May 15, 2019 to Friday, June 14 2019
If you participate in the GT battle event (G4 tournament · GT point get battle), you can get limited parts "illusory weight"!

Weights built into layers.
Rubber weight that makes the lock hard by the central protrusion.

Get limited parts and make a difference over your rivals!
The problem I see with this is that, if it presses on the Driver, the sticker will get rubbed off.
Same-Spin Defense and Stamina types just called. They said they’re on their way.
With the fact that we have the Valkyrie chip with its buck teeth
And now this.

Valkyrie with this layer weight will allow us to throw the worry of burst resistance out the window.

You lose layer weight but you can use the shear weight of Blitz to compensate

I can see it being used in attack and stamina combos as a trade off.

Less weight but you don't have to worry about bursting.

The color of it leads me to believe that it was made to go with Valkyrie or fafnir. Giving the Valkyrie the friction needed to withstand blitz amd Fafnir the friction to survive hitting the wall.
(May. 11, 2019  2:51 AM)MWF Wrote: The color of it leads me to believe that it was made to go with Valkyrie or fafnir. Giving the Valkyrie the friction needed to withstand blitz amd Fafnir the friction to survive hitting the wall.

Or simply give compensation for Fafnir's terrible teeth due to Wizard.
But in short, this is going to be like the original Blue Level Chips then, that it will only be a limited edition release for Japan players alone?
(May. 11, 2019  4:55 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: But in short, this is going to be like the original Blue Level Chips then, that it will only be a limited edition release for Japan players alone?

Sounds like it to me, although it might see some sort of release later down the line. Even level chips eventually made their way into a random booster with LC-Emperor Forneus 13Meteor Survive, so it's a possibility. Worst comes to worst there's always Ebay.
(May. 10, 2019  5:28 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Normally I dislike tightening burst resistance gimmicks, but I do like it here. It does increase burst resistance at the cost of losing a lot of weight since this has no metal whatsoever. I think if this was used on any round layers it'd be crazy. This would certainly work nicely with Br, and with any dash driver, well the thing probably won't burst ever.

I don't really like it as much. I thought the gimmick of being able to switch chips was enough. I'm thinking that this will effect stamina parts (which is supposed to have a weakness) and make them top tier without much risk which is what we had when hS and aH came out. 

The cost of weight in my opinion isn't an amazing trade off since the rubber will likely be pretty heavy already. It maybe good to help other layers that come out to be better but I can already tell that if some amazing layer comes out everyone will just slap this on it with some crazy good parts like 00 Atomic and call it a day.

(May. 11, 2019  6:03 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 11, 2019  4:55 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: But in short, this is going to be like the original Blue Level Chips then, that it will only be a limited edition release for Japan players alone?

Sounds like it to me, although it might see some sort of release later down the line. Even level chips eventually made their way into a random booster with LC-Emperor Forneus 13Meteor Survive, so it's a possibility. Worst comes to worst there's always Ebay.

I remember people selling those chips for hundreds of dollars o_0 I wonder if it will be the same. Really the level chips were needed to make the layer work properly but with this new rubber part its more of a good accessory rather than a missing piece.

Speaking of that I still don't like level chips. Are you really gonna take a chunk out of the layer just to sell it back to me via magazine releases and random boosters?
(May. 11, 2019  9:15 AM)Valkyriology Wrote: Speaking of that I still don't like level chips. Are you really gonna take a chunk out of the layer just to sell it back to me via magazine releases and random boosters?
I love this part of the post.

(May. 11, 2019  9:15 AM)Valkyriology Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  5:28 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Normally I dislike tightening burst resistance gimmicks, but I do like it here. It does increase burst resistance at the cost of losing a lot of weight since this has no metal whatsoever. I think if this was used on any round layers it'd be crazy. This would certainly work nicely with Br, and with any dash driver, well the thing probably won't burst ever.

I don't really like it as much. I thought the gimmick of being able to switch chips was enough. I'm thinking that this will effect stamina parts (which is supposed to have a weakness) and make them top tier without much risk which is what we had when hS and aH came out. 

The cost of weight in my opinion isn't an amazing trade off since the rubber will likely be pretty heavy already. It maybe good to help other layers that come out to be better but I can already tell that if some amazing layer comes out everyone will just slap this on it with some crazy good parts like 00 Atomic and call it a day.
Suppose, grand or cosmo or some new base was top tier. If, you are gonna use this maboroshi weight with it, you are gonna reduce your stamina. And, you are gonna lose to stamina battles (which makes up about at least 70 percent of the standard battles in a tournament I assume). You may do better vs attack. But, instead you are going to lose to a more common matchup. And, I'm only assuming that you are not getting KO-ed the attack combo. It will also be easier (not drastic difference, but still present and visible) to KO the combo because of the reduced weight. And, I still believe the rubber will be lighter than normal weights because it is only present in the center and there are no extensions like the current weights.

Also, we don't know how much of a difference it is gonna make to the burst resistance of the bey.
(May. 11, 2019  9:15 AM)Valkyriology Wrote:

(May. 11, 2019  6:03 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Sounds like it to me, although it might see some sort of release later down the line. Even level chips eventually made their way into a random booster with LC-Emperor Forneus 13Meteor Survive, so it's a possibility. Worst comes to worst there's always Ebay.

I remember people selling those chips for hundreds of dollars o_0 I wonder if it will be the same. Really the level chips were needed to make the layer work properly but with this new rubber part its more of a good accessory rather than a missing piece.

Speaking of that I still don't like level chips. Are you really gonna take a chunk out of the layer just to sell it back to me via magazine releases and random boosters?
Wait for 2mth then go look on Zenmarket for good deals. Limited edition beyblade stuff are way to expensive when you order from eBay.
Imagine using the valkrie chip and a dash driver with this thing lol

I can imagine this thing going with judgement joker, it’s the same color as the bit of disk we saw in the leaked video and it would help with burst resistance since it has rubber
(May. 11, 2019  9:15 AM)Valkyriology Wrote: I remember people selling those chips for hundreds of dollars o_0 I wonder if it will be the same. Really the level chips were needed to make the layer work properly but with this new rubber part its more of a good accessory rather than a missing piece.

These level chips were so expensive off the bat because they were basically only obtainable if you took 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a Japanese tournament. eventually the price dropped when they became purchasable solo. Even then they were still nearly the price of a whole bey, which is really silly.
I feel like this isn't too good. Would you rather have a God layer teeth Cho-Z bey or a Cho-Z layer teeth God Bey?
I would choose the former, but I don't know about you guys...
(May. 12, 2019  8:28 PM)BlackMirror Wrote: I feel like this isn't too good. Would you rather have a God layer teeth Cho-Z bey or a Cho-Z layer teeth God Bey?
I would choose the former, but I don't know about you guys...

As long as it can actually make Wizard Fafnir more usable against same spin, it would still be a valid purchase, I guess.