Problem with SPAMMING

(Jun. 25, 2019  2:33 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:32 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: They'll just make a new account and do it again though.
Ban the IP. That’s what we do.

That is a very good idea.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:35 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:33 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Ban the IP. That’s what we do.

That is a very good idea.

No, it’s literally what the WBO does, I think.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:35 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:35 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: That is a very good idea.

No, it’s literally what the WBO does, I think.

I didn't know that they did that if they did.
I think that users with a current history of spamming (within a couple months) should be forced to post 50 more times without spamming before they can actually take the Organizer's Quiz, as well as having some of their posts checked to ensure that the person isn't just saying nonsense for all 50 posts.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:37 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think that users with a current history of spamming (within a couple months) should be forced to post 50 more times without spamming before they can actually take the Organizer's Quiz, as well as having some of their posts checked to ensure that the person isn't just saying nonsense for all 50 posts.

Another good idea.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:37 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think that users with a current history of spamming (within a couple months) should be forced to post 50 more times without spamming before they can actually take the Organizer's Quiz, as well as having some of their posts checked to ensure that the person isn't just saying nonsense for all 50 posts.

That would be great!
Well there are things that the moderators can check on.
Such things can easily include how rapidly the current user is posting replies to more than one thread in succession with some of the replies being that small.
The next can be shown as if they should even be an organiser at all, for example, me, not being an organiser because 1, I don’t want to and 2, I don’t want any weight being put on my hands and why they should be organiser, for example, give contact to any current moderators in order to discuss the probability of being organiser based on how friendly they are to the person, if they can correctly answer all questions without failure, and most of all, what their intentions are as they assume the role of organiser. These can depict whether or not a user should be organiser at all.

In tl;dr:
Answer all questions correctly while being as friendly as possible to the moderator in a private conversation to discuss the user’s intentions of becoming organiser.
If even one of these pieces do not satisfy the moderator’s mood, the user will be shut down from their opportunity for around a minimum of one month to a maximum of six months.
Part of it is also the general enthusiasm that accompanies someone finding the forums for the first time; they want to post in every thread they care about, all at once. And that can look an awful lot like spamming, or even equate to the same thing.

It's important to lurk a bit without posting, and to doublecheck when posts were last commented on before you do. Don't post in a bunch of places at once and don't revive more or less dormant threads that aren't for regional tournament interest.
Like I said in Caos thread, WBO should add Contributors to every country, where is users. This help to delete/close spam threads/posts faster, because we live in different timezones.
This thread seems to be getting a bit out of hand, and is quickly devolving into SPAM posts itself, so I'm going to be closing it.

Also, here's some advice from a user who's old enough to remember what "Advanced Members" are: asking to become Mod, or Contributor, or Committee, is a great way to become blacklisted from ever receiving any of those roles in the future. You need to prove that you would make a good addition to the team through your posts and actions, which includes maturing past the point where you no longer desire the role.