[Podcast] Welcome to Night Vale

(Aug. 18, 2013  1:06 AM)Insomniac. Wrote: I just started listening to the "Welcome to Night Vale" podcast/radio station.

Its great, really, it is like extreme information overload regarding obscure events that makes my head hurt due to the inability to comprehend it all at once.

But something about it is super addicting and the voice of Cecil matches perfectly.

I finished !

Please please please tell me someone else listens to this radio station. Basically there is a reporter named Cecil who broadcasts a radio station for the fictional town of Night Vale. It isn't like any normal town though. Below are some excerpts from the local news:

"The Sheriffs Secret Police have apparently taken to shouting questions at the Glow Cloud, trying to ascertain what exactly it wants. So far the Glow Cloud has not answered. The Glow Cloud does not need to converse."

"There will be an awning built over the field due to the increase in size of the animal corpses being dropped."

"McDaniels is described as a five headed dragon, approximately 18 feet tall with mostly green eyes and weighing about 3600 pounds. He is suspected of insurance fraud."

and my personal favorite (really you should listen to it in Cecil's voice it is absolutely fabulous):

"Dear listeners, here is a list of things. Emotions you dont understand upon viewing a sunset. Lost pets found. Lost pets unfound. A secret lost pet city on the moon. Trees that see. Restaurants that hear. A void that thinks. A face, half seen, just before falling asleep. Trembling hands reaching for desperately needed items. Sandwiches. Silence when there should be noise. Noise when there should be silence. Nothing when you want something. Something when you thought there was nothing. Clear plastic binder sheets. Scented dryer sheets. Rain coming down in sheets. Night. Rest. Sleep. End. Goodnight Listeners, Goodnight."

You can get all the episodes on iTunes and here! (for free!)

Admittedly, it is quite weird. But addictive at the same time!

If anyone has already started, or is starting to give this podcast a try, good luck and I hope you have fun!

--

I am waiting on the transcripts for all the episodes and I've got a couple of headcanons in mind so yeah discuss away!