PlayStation Vita - Launch on February 22, 2012 (NA/EU) at $249/$299

Bother...

Oh well, good thing I asked. At least, it's region free XD

EDIT: Memory Card reset? Does that mean I'll lose all my data?! What's the point, then? Oo
This was already released in my city.You want pics? The box is quite big compared to PSP.
(Jan. 13, 2012  2:25 PM)Dude Wrote: Bother...

Oh well, good thing I asked. At least, it's region free XD

EDIT: Memory Card reset? Does that mean I'll lose all my data?! What's the point, then? Oo

I'm not actually sure if it wipes everything off your card, and if you could stop that.
Unless I'm not understanding this right, it should be just like a modded Gamecube in that respect - if you have a memory card with english game data on it and switch the console to NTS-J, it corrupts the data on the card when it tries to read it.

The solution for that was having two memory cards, and I do not see why that would not work here...?
I think 3DS is better because it's actaully a PSP vita+ 3D effects imo.
(Jan. 13, 2012  6:02 PM)the.successor Wrote: I think 3DS is better because it's actaully a PSP vita+ 3D effects imo.
But with the PSP Vita you get many better games, such as Resistance Burning Skies and Uncharted Golden Abyss
The differences between consoles are their games, and since game evaluation is so subjective, there is no real way to definitively say "x is better than x", since you will not ever have everyone agree with you. madmuppet, to you those games may be better - to him they may not.

the.successor, that post was insipid and contributed nothing.

If I so much as smell a console war brewing, I will start handing out warnings.
Just preordered the Bundle off bestbuy. That seemed to come with a 4 gig card.

Also preordered wipeout and Uncharted for it.
(Jan. 13, 2012  6:02 PM)the.successor Wrote: I think 3DS is better because it's actaully a PSP vita+ 3D effects imo.

This opinion is completely invalid, gone nowhere fast, because you likely (If you live in Japan, just barely) NEVER played it.
It's also a very silly comparison given how different Vita and 3DS are. There's seemingly nothing the both of them do that the 3DS seems to do better (except maybe having a kart racer with online play, haha). Though we've gotten weird battery comparisons. On highest brightness settings it seems Vita lasts longer than 3DS, but on lower ones, it seems 3DS lasts longer. Though, that might have been the game running (it was the trash known as F1 2011).
Hmm, my friend bought this beauty with a 4gb M.Card and Ridge Racer. Gonna try it out soon.
I went to GameStop to preorder the Vita yesterday, and the 4-gig memory cardswere $24.99...
I thought they'd be cheaper.
Does anyone know if Gravity Rush uses the system's memory or a memory card?
I'm considering getting the Vita soon.
The only thing holding me back is that it won't be successful. If it isn't successful, then other developers will not develop on it. With that being said, that means less games, less excitement for the consumer, ect.
If anything, I will probably end up buying it in the future. Just going to wait it out, see how it fares, and hope for a price drop, just like always. Smile
(Feb. 20, 2012  1:21 AM)CyberBlader27 Wrote: I went to GameStop to preorder the Vita yesterday, and the 4-gig memory cardswere $24.99...
I thought they'd be cheaper.
Does anyone know if Gravity Rush uses the system's memory or a memory card?

GameStop is upcharging on the memory cards. 4GB is supposed to be $20. Go to a different store.

And yes, Gravity Rush requires a memory card. It has DLC and other things on the way.