[Plastics] :: Competitive Custom List and Public Discussion

the 2004 World championship. the combo used to win the 2004 World championship.
(ATTACK RING) Wing Cross [Bistol]

(WEIGHT DISK) Ten Heavy

(SPIN GEAR) Neo Right MG [Driger V]

(BLADE BASE) Metal Flat Base [Driger V]

the 2004 North American championship. combo used to win the 2004 North American championship.
(ATTACK RING) Wing Cross [Frostic Dranzer]

(WEIGHT DISK) Ten Heavy

(BLADE BASE) Metal Ball Base [Driger V]

Here's a little backstory of the 2004 North American championship. This started in February 24th 2004 to March 20th 2004. The winner of this tournament was Nolan. This is the combo that he used to win this tournament. I remember seeing this as a kid back in 2004. I was still 7 years old when this was going on. (ATTACK RING) Wing Cross [Frostic Dranzer]

(WEIGHT DISK) Ten Heavy

(BLADE BASE) Metal Ball Base [Driger V] a video with Nolan in it: https://youtu.be/N90hhomKrvc
Yeah those aren't bad for the parts available though even with one of the flatter driger v bases it's still worse than just using MCB. Would still have gone driger S AR over wing cross tho.

That said at the time... These probably aren't what I'd have run. Something with spiral change base in left would probably wreck house. If Gaia Dragoon G was out (I don't remember the exact timing) there are numerous zombie combos that probably would have wrecked house.
CC List has been updated to add the V8 stuff found by Broyeeto to the Spin Stealing Attack section. Super neat to see a true to god legitimate Engine Gear be competitive and actually use the engine gimmick.

I also have to add the stuff he found using Spiral Change Base offensively, but I need to test more ARs for that.

It's 2023. G Revolution was 2003. I am still updating the Competitive Combos List with new discoveries. One must imagine Sisyphus happy, because I am. Y'all are amazing.
Hello I have created two combos by using PlasticsDB lists. One of the combos I have created is a Draciel combo and other is a Dranzer Combo and I tried to use parts of the variations of the Dranzer and Draciel beyblades while creating respective combos as much as possible.

Right now, I can't test them because I don't have all of the items. However, I wanted to have your opinions and advices about them by your experiences on the beyblade parts.

DRACIEL COMBO

Attack Ring: Smash Turtle
Weight Disk: Ten Heavy
Spin Gear: Neo Right Spin Gear Shells + Heavy Metal Core
Blade Base: SG Metal Ball Base with 4 Metal Balls

DRANZER COMBO

Attack Ring: Scissor Attacker
Weight Disk: Wide Defense
Spin Gear: Left Spin Gear + SG (Free Shaft Version) + SG (Free Shaft Version) Shaft
Blade Base: Spiral Change Base
(Jan. 14, 2024  3:57 PM)AMEKA95 Wrote: Hello I have created two combos by using PlasticsDB lists. One of the combos I have created is a Draciel combo and other is a Dranzer Combo and I tried to use parts of the variations of the Dranzer and Draciel beyblades while creating respective combos as much as possible.

Right now, I can't test them because I don't have all of the items. However, I wanted to have your opinions and advices about them by your experiences on the beyblade parts.

DRACIEL COMBO

DRANZER COMBO

Spin Gear: Left Spin Gear + SG (Free Shaft Version) + SG (Free Shaft Version) Shaft

New user to WBO but big fan of plastic gen here. 

The draciel combo is quite competitive as it’s a heavy defence. I’ve not used turtle smash with that personally so am not sure how good it is, but I presume something smaller and more compact is usually superior like tiger defenser (Driger s).

The left spin zombie combo is good, I really like scissor attacker for my zombies in left spin and spiral change base is really great if you can have it lower to the ground with stamina mode (if that makes sense) and I usually try to launch it not too hard when I use it which I do sometimes find tricky.
(Jan. 20, 2024  1:18 AM)MJShafik Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2024  3:57 PM)AMEKA95 Wrote: Hello I have created two combos by using PlasticsDB lists. One of the combos I have created is a Draciel combo and other is a Dranzer Combo and I tried to use parts of the variations of the Dranzer and Draciel beyblades while creating respective combos as much as possible.

DRACIEL COMBO

DRANZER COMBO

New user to WBO but big fan of plastic gen here. 

The draciel combo is quite competitive as it’s a heavy defence. I’ve not used turtle smash with that personally so am not sure how good it is, but I presume something smaller and more compact is usually superior like tiger defenser (Driger s).

The left spin zombie combo is good, I really like scissor attacker for my zombies in left spin and spiral change base is really great if you can have it lower to the ground with stamina mode (if that makes sense) and I usually try to launch it not too hard when I use it which I do sometimes find tricky.

Welcome to the platform and thanks for your comment!! I am here for 3 months so I am also a new user. 

Plastics really have different place in my heart, too because I have grown with them and recently, I have begun collecting some again. 

Hmm, I see...Is the reason you chose a more compact Attack Ring because it provides more stability? For Draciel combo, the reason I chose Smash Turtle is because it is a heavy Attack ring and I thought that might help with this combo. Also, it is said that Smash Turtle is one of the best for weight based defense but I haven't use it, too. Only speaking theoretically Grin

For Dranzer combo, are beyblades that use Spiral Change Base hard to control? I also wonder the performance difference if wide survivor is used instead of wide defense as weight disk
(Jan. 20, 2024  4:21 PM)AMEKA95 Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2024  1:18 AM)MJShafik Wrote: New user to WBO but big fan of plastic gen here. 

Welcome to the platform and thanks for your comment!! I am here for 3 months so I am also a new user. 

Plastics really have different place in my heart, too because I have grown with them and recently, I have begun collecting some again. 

Hmm, I see...Is the reason you chose a more compact Attack Ring because it provides more stability? For Draciel combo, the reason I chose Smash Turtle is because it is a heavy Attack ring and I thought that might help with this combo. Also, it is said that Smash Turtle is one of the best for weight based defense but I haven't use it, too. Only speaking theoretically Grin

For Dranzer combo, are beyblades that use Spiral Change Base hard to control? I also wonder the performance difference if wide survivor is used instead of wide defense as weight disk

Yeah I love plastics cause of growing up with them and the OG anime. I’ve been collecting more over the last year or so, slowly getting beys for collection purposes but also beys and parts to build some competitive combos for fun.

Yeah I find more compact ARs do provide better stability and balance. Master draciel isn’t a bad AR and defo has some good defensive qualities. I’ve just found it seems to go off balance more easily making it easier to beat or affect its stamina on some combos. With the weight of the metal balls, 10 heavy and HMC the beyblade is very heavy and difficult to knock out.

If launched too hard spiral change might be too aggressive causing it to ko itself by accident or getting knocked out of the stadium. 
I like to use wide defence on nearly all my zombies as the added weight usually feels more beneficial and more defensive but wide survivor is probably the better overall zombie weight disk if that makes sense
(Jan. 21, 2024  1:00 AM)MJShafik Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2024  4:21 PM)AMEKA95 Wrote: Welcome to the platform and thanks for your comment!! I am here for 3 months so I am also a new user. 

Yeah I love plastics cause of growing up with them and the OG anime. I’ve been collecting more over the last year or so, slowly getting beys for collection purposes but also beys and parts to build some competitive combos for fun.

Yeah I find more compact ARs do provide better stability and balance. Master draciel isn’t a bad AR and defo has some good defensive qualities. I’ve just found it seems to go off balance more easily making it easier to beat or affect its stamina on some combos. With the weight of the metal balls, 10 heavy and HMC the beyblade is very heavy and difficult to knock out.

If launched too hard spiral change might be too aggressive causing it to ko itself by accident or getting knocked out of the stadium. 
I like to use wide defence on nearly all my zombies as the added weight usually feels more beneficial and more defensive but wide survivor is probably the better overall zombie weight disk if that makes sense

Thank you very much for the informations you gave. 

My last question is that other than wide defense and wide survivor, what other weight disks can be used in zombie combos like mine?
(Jan. 21, 2024  2:20 PM)AMEKA95 Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2024  1:00 AM)MJShafik Wrote: Yeah I love plastics cause of growing up with them and the OG anime. I’ve been collecting more over the last year or so, slowly getting beys for collection purposes but also beys and parts to build some competitive combos for fun.

Thank you very much for the informations you gave. 

My last question is that other than wide defense and wide survivor, what other weight disks can be used in zombie combos like mine?

Really for zombies I would say wide defence is the absolute best, if you can only get one or want a very consistent and reliable option then defo go wide defence. Wide survivor is also good though. I really think there is no other alternative for zombies in all honesty. I’ve tried wide 10 before in the past but it’s just not the same or good enough, it’s not circular which really helps spin-stealing and I don’t think it’s as heavy either.

Hope that info helps Smile
(Jan. 21, 2024  9:30 PM)MJShafik Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2024  2:20 PM)AMEKA95 Wrote: Thank you very much for the informations you gave. 

Really for zombies I would say wide defence is the absolute best, if you can only get one or want a very consistent and reliable option then defo go wide defence. Wide survivor is also good though. I really think there is no other alternative for zombies in all honesty. I’ve tried wide 10 before in the past but it’s just not the same or good enough, it’s not circular which really helps spin-stealing and I don’t think it’s as heavy either.

Hope that info helps Smile

Yeah, I was especially wondering about Ten Wide because it is easier to find compared to Wide Defense and I needed to be sure. Thank you for your help Smile