Performance Tip - Quake

Quake is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of B-21 Custom Set Attack & Balance Ver. on November 16th 2015.

==Description==
Quake features an elliptical shaped flat tip that is off center of the Performance Tip. It is supposed to make the Beyblade that it is connected to jump around the beystadium just like Quake in Metal Fight Beyblade. Even though it was made to jump around the stadium, it must be launched on an angle, but even then it still is not consistent and does not jump very often. When it does hop, the Beyblade with Quake causes the other Beyblade to become unbalanced and lose a significant amount of spin. Also, when an opposing Beyblade is hit with the disk because of the hops, it will have a greater chance of losing clicks or slides because of the forge disk on energy layer contact. The Beyblade with quake will be less prone to losing clicks or slides because there is less chance of contact with the energy layer. But, this inconsistency leads it to perform poorly when not jumping and to be outclassed by Xtreme and Accel.  Quake has made it onto some interesting attack type customizations, however.

Use in Attack Customizations
One combo that has featured this driver is Xcalibur Oval Quake. This is a combo that pairs the imbalance of Xcalibur and Oval paired together with the Quake tip and allows it to hop extremely more consistently. It is a very gimmicky Beyblade however, and should only be used by bladers who know how to control it.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-21 Minoboros Oval Quake (Beyblade Attack & Balance Reshuffle Set) (translucent purple)
  • B-57 Victory Valkyrie Upper Quake (Triple Booster Set) (translucent pale blue)
==Hasbro==
Single Top Pack Minoboros Oval Quake
Can you describe whether it actually jumps like Q and how that helps it for the suggested combination at all, performance-wise? You did not explain why it had success.
ok sure. was kinda in a rush to write these draft lol. I'll do it when I get home from school
added what you suggested @[Kai-V]. how does it look?
It still does not explain the reason or the concept for pairing Xcalibur with Quake though.
(Jan. 20, 2017  5:13 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It still does not explain the reason or the concept for pairing Xcalibur with Quake though.

couls someone help me with this? i am not sure of the reasoning. is it the imbalance of the combo as a whole?
(Jan. 20, 2017  5:15 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: couls someone help me with this? i am not sure of the reasoning. is it the imbalance of the combo as a whole?

It's the imbalance of the Xcalibur Layer and the Oval Disk, though I'm wondering if Quarter would work better.
You're right about an imbalance with Xcaliber. It seems like it will take a lot of skill to use it with the quake performance tip.
(plz correct me if I'm wrong I'm new and this is my first post)
(Jan. 20, 2017  6:37 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: It's the imbalance of the Xcalibur Layer and the Oval Disk, though I'm wondering if Quarter would work better.

But what the article should explain is why it even works to have such an imbalanced combination. Does it reinforce some impacts, if so which? Or is the concept really just to hit from underneath and from the top as much as possible?
(Jan. 20, 2017  7:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote: But what the article should explain is why it even works to have such an imbalanced combination. Does it reinforce some impacts, if so which? Or is the concept really just to hit from underneath and from the top as much as possible?

Successful hops can cause the disk to impact the opponent's layer while attacks from above and below can destabilize the opponent as well
That is true, but what is the real reason people use that combination? Why does it work? We just seem to be discussing hypotheses.
im not sure how to add these things in the draft. are they true or just hypothesizes that i cant include?
i edited the draft with the things MonoDragon said
(Jan. 15, 2017  5:12 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: Quake is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of B-21 Custom Set Attack & Balance Ver. on November 16th 2015.

==Description==
Quake features an elliptical shaped flat tip that is off center of the Performance Tip, meant to make the Beyblade that it is connected to jump around the beystadium akin to Quake in Metal Fight Beyblade. However, due to how shallow the tip's angle is as well as how little it is off center, the effect is not consistent and must rely on a lightweight and off balance combination as well as a heavily angled launched. The hopping gimmick is meant to create Layer to Disc contact and Burst the opponent, however the aforementioned lack of consistency in the effect makes such an attack method not recommended for competitive play. Furthermore, the offset and slanted tip means that Quake is incapable of maintaining a Banking Pattern and will grind against the Tornado Ridge, making Quake ill-suited for Mobile Attack and Tornado Staller combinations in general.

==Overall==
Overall, Quake features poor stamina, poor control and inconsistent Hop Attack potential.

As such, Quake is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-21 Minoboros Oval Quake (Beyblade Attack & Balance Reshuffle Set) (translucent purple)
  • B-57 Victory Valkyrie Upper Quake (Triple Booster Set) (translucent pale blue)
==Hasbro==
Single Top Pack Minoboros Oval Quake