Performance Tip/Driver - Hunter

Quote:Hunter is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-85 Booster Killer Deathscyther 2Vortex Hunter on June 24th, 2017.

==Description==
Hunter features a flat rubber tip with a circular depression in the center, akin to Xtreme, that sits at the standard height.

The surface area to friction ratio of Hunter creates a moderately aggressive, easy to control in a Banking Shoot, movement pattern. In terms of speed, Hunter is faster than Accel and Zephyr but slower than Xtreme, Hold and a worn Variable. Hunter's speed allows for strong attacks and its high friction creates less chances of losing the Banking Pattern in battle making it an excellent choice for Attack combinations.

However, Hunter has three major weaknesses. First the high friction of the rubber means that Hunter has incredibly low stamina, furthermore, the light weight of the Burst System compared to previous Systems means that there is less inertia, exacerbating the stamina issue further. Secondly, the high friction means that Hunter resists changes to the Beyblade's spin from contact with the opponent, thus more force it taken by the teeth in Takara Tomy Layers or the slopes in Hasbro Layers, increasing the chances of self-Bursts. Lastly, Hunter will wear down with use, decreasing its aggression with little to no improvement to the tip's stamina, meaning that multiple copies much be purchased in order to replace worn ones. [Warning, Unproven information] However, the small diameter means that when the tip wears down and becomes rounder, Hunter will begin to display heavy defensive properties from the high friction and low movement, though the low stamina issue will still remain.

==Overall==
Hunter features great speed and control but is plagued by low stamina and higher Burst risks. Other Performance Tips are able to match or overtake Hunter's best traits while also improving on its weaknesses; Xtreme gives greater speed with comparable control and Accel gives comparable control with greater stamina. Thus Hunter is not a must have but instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection. However if one prefers to use Hunter over its alternatives, then one should own multiple copies of this part to replace any that have worn down.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-85 Killer Deathscyther 2Vortex Hunter (translucent purple, sky blue rubber)
==Hasbro==
u sure when it wears down it wont be aggressive?
(Jul. 21, 2017  9:19 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: u sure when it wears down it wont be aggressive?

Not yet, just a theory
(Jul. 19, 2017  4:09 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Hunter is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-85 Booster Killer Deathscyther 2Vortex Hunter on June 24th, 2017.

==Description==
Hunter features a flat rubber tip with a circular depression in the center, akin to Xtreme, that sits at the standard height.

The surface area to friction ratio of Hunter creates a moderately aggressive, easy to control in a Banking Shoot, movement pattern. In terms of speed, Hunter is faster than Accel and Zephyr but slower than Xtreme, Hold and a worn Variable. Hunter's speed allows for strong attacks and its high friction creates less chances of losing the Banking Pattern in battle which would make it an excellent choice for Attack combinations.

However, Hunter has four major weaknesses. First the high friction of the rubber means that Hunter has incredibly low stamina, which when combined with the light weight of the Burst System compared to previous Systems means that there is less inertia, exacerbating the stamina issue further. Secondly, the high friction means that Hunter resists changes to the Beyblade's spin from contact with the opponent, thus more force it taken by the teeth in Takara Tomy Layers or the slopes in Hasbro Layers, increasing the chances of self-Bursts. Thirdly, Hunter will wear down with use, decreasing its aggression with little to no improvement to the tip's stamina, meaning that multiple copies much be purchased in order to replace worn ones. Finally, even when in mint condition, the small surface area means that Hunter will settle to the center incredibly quickly, too quickly for attack combinations. While Hunter features high Knock-Out resistance when settled, higher than Defense or Bite, its Stamina is too low for it to be viable.

==Overall==
Hunter features great control but is plagued by low stamina and higher Burst risks. Other Performance Tips are able to match or overtake Hunter's best traits while also improving on its weaknesses; Xtreme gives greater speed with comparable control and Accel gives comparable control with greater stamina. Coupled with the overall low aggression, Hunter is suitable for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
is it worth mentioning it's speed is bit less then you need to be effective in today's metagame? as its still a usable driver I think providing a recomended combo would be ok. maybe sX/lS_Hn?
(Sep. 26, 2017  5:04 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: is it worth mentioning it's speed is bit less then you need to be effective in today's metagame? as its still a usable driver I think providing a recomended combo would be ok. maybe sX/lS_Hn?

at this stage where people are  trying to use variable and impact just for extra speed,over extreme.i dont think hunter would be even usable or ok
Well this part ain't seen play at all as far as I know. Is it really that bad cos I heard it's outclassed by many other drivers of a similar nature.
(Oct. 01, 2017  11:55 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: Well this part ain't seen play at all as far as I know. Is it really that bad cos I heard it's outclassed by many other drivers of a similar nature.

Basically it's RSF without the stamina of heavy MFB wheels. And RSF already had fairly poor stamina to begin with so...
(Oct. 01, 2017  10:31 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2017  5:04 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: is it worth mentioning it's speed is bit less then you need to be effective in today's metagame? as its still a usable driver I think providing a recomended combo would be ok. maybe sX/lS_Hn?

at this stage where people are  trying to use variable and impact just for extra speed,over extreme.i dont think hunter would be even usable or ok

maybe with sX? it's low recoil and and less movement can make it very good burst attacker and it's already good at bursting left spin so I dont think it needs that speed much.
(Oct. 02, 2017  12:58 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2017  10:31 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: at this stage where people are  trying to use variable and impact just for extra speed,over extreme.i dont think hunter would be even usable or ok

maybe with sX? it's low recoil and and less movement can make it very good burst attacker and it's already good at bursting left spin so I dont think it needs that speed much.

sX has alot of recoil,using hunter would not even increase chances of self ko but will also cause decrease in speed and to burst basically every defense type currently speed is required thats the reason why stationary attack no longer exists.
(Oct. 03, 2017  9:35 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 02, 2017  12:58 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: maybe with sX? it's low recoil and and less movement can make it very good burst attacker and it's already good at bursting left spin so I dont think it needs that speed much.

sX has alot of recoil,using hunter would not even increase chances of self ko but will also cause decrease in speed and to burst basically every defense type currently speed is required thats the reason why stationary attack no longer exists.

no offence but why would someone want to increase chances of self KO? if you mean "decrease" then I agree but do note that hunter's smaller size and less movement means more rubber will come in contact which means more friction + big weight of sX = less recoil and it should deal pretty high damage to opponent too. I agree in theory it may not seems good but I think someone should try it once. I'm expecting this to work like Wyvang RSF combos.
(Oct. 03, 2017  1:47 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2017  9:35 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: sX has alot of recoil,using hunter would not even increase chances of self ko but will also cause decrease in speed and to burst basically every defense type currently speed is required thats the reason why stationary attack no longer exists.

no offence but why would someone want to increase chances of self KO? if you mean "decrease" then I agree but do note that hunter's smaller size and less movement means more rubber will come in contact which means more friction + big weight of sX = less recoil and it should deal pretty high damage to opponent too. I agree in theory it may not seems good but I think someone should try it once. I'm expecting this to work like Wyvang RSF combos.

Pardon me i didnt explained it good enough, u see extreme has very good recoil control due to its large surface area but hunter has less recoil control becuz it has a small surface area.more recoil control means less self kos.sure hunter might be a good driver but i am pretty sure it wont find use in the current meta where speed is essential  but it might find use once a limited format is formed lol. As for sX despite its high weight it still has high recoil which can be controlled by extreme only. Maybe hunter might control it too bbut i am not sure. Recoil is the reason why we dont see sX on zephyr or accel.even if hunter controls sX recoil even then people will use extreme and variable over it,hunter needs a very strong launch to perform good
Weight? Just for the article skeleton of course.
(Oct. 25, 2017  7:01 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Weight? Just for the article skeleton of course.

Pls do not ask weight on drafts again theres a thread of burst parts weight find the weights there. If the weight of a part is not present there then wait for it
(Nov. 19, 2017  7:29 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2017  7:01 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Weight? Just for the article skeleton of course.

Pls do not ask weight on drafts again theres a thread of burst parts weight find the weights there. If the weight of a part is not present there then wait for it
Oh I know now. I wrote that in late October.
(Sep. 26, 2017  6:25 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Hunter is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-85 Booster Killer Deathscyther 2Vortex Hunter on June 24th, 2017.

==Description==

The surface area to friction ratio of Hunter creates a moderately aggressive, easy to control in a Banking Shoot, movement pattern. In terms of speed, Hunter is faster than Accel and Zephyr but slower than Xtreme, Hold and a worn Variable. Hunter's speed allows for strong attacks and its high friction creates less chances of losing the Banking Pattern in battle which would make it an excellent choice for Attack combinations.

However, Hunter has four major weaknesses. First the high friction of the rubber means that Hunter has incredibly low stamina, which when combined with the light weight of the Burst System compared to previous Systems means that there is less inertia, exacerbating the stamina issue further. Secondly, the high friction means that Hunter resists changes to the Beyblade's spin from contact with the opponent, thus more force it taken by the teeth in Takara Tomy Layers or the slopes in Hasbro Layers, increasing the chances of self-Bursts. Thirdly, Hunter will wear down with use, decreasing its aggression with little to no improvement to the tip's stamina, meaning that multiple copies much be purchased in order to replace worn ones. Finally, even when in mint condition, the small surface area means that Hunter will settle to the center incredibly quickly, too quickly for attack combinations. While Hunter features high Knock-Out resistance when settled, higher than Defense or Bite, its Stamina is too low for it to be viable.

==Overall==
Hunter features great control but is plagued by low stamina and higher Burst risks. Other Performance Tips are able to match or overtake Hunter's best traits while also improving on its weaknesses; Xtreme gives greater speed with comparable control and Accel gives comparable control with greater stamina. Coupled with the overall low aggression, Hunter is suitable for collection purposes only.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
Hasbro’s release of Hunter features much softer rubber which increases the speed and aggression of the Tip and solves the weakness of settling towards the center the Takara Tomy release suffered. While Xtreme is still stronger for Burst Attack, if one struggles to control Xtreme’s greater aggression, Hunter makes for an excellent alternative. As such, Hunter is a welcome addition to any blader’s collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

Added a Hasbro version. The Mobile Attack Type Metagame still relies on extreme speed so I think it’s only a welcome addition. We’ll need to do testing to make sure though
what about driger s in rbv8, that has hunter right?
(Feb. 10, 2018  6:00 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote: what about driger s in rbv8, that has hunter right?

That's on the wiki already, so I didn't bother adding that on the draft