[Product]  Pegasus Thunder Whip: "This stadium sucks harder than Wyborg for attack types"

Thanks for posting the link to it, McFrown, I had been careless. :X
edit: knowing hasbro, its probably just a recolor. But more slope is very possible.
What about Super Vortex Stadium Set?
We have no idea on any of the other stadiums, so we should stop speculating ...
Okay, but shouldn't speculation be allowed? People went mad guessing what Ray Unicorno's 'CS' was, along with Capricorne's 'Q'. Me bringing those two up is just trying to say that speculation didn't do any harm.
(Jun. 27, 2010  5:48 PM)Aqua Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2010  5:16 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Man lightning force is not what I was hoping for. I though it would look different from the thunder whip but it's just looks like a recolour of it. Hope it isn't just that. At least we can still hope it's decent.

From the pictures posted the stadium seems to have more slope...

Regardless of slope depth, the wall to exit ratio is still something that's going to prove a problem.

Even if it does get attack types moving correctly, if they can't pocket anything then it's still pointless.

This is really why my highest hopes are actually on the portable stadium with it having clearer exits.
(Jun. 27, 2010  7:17 PM)Dan Wrote: Okay, but shouldn't speculation be allowed? People went mad guessing what Ray Unicorno's 'CS' was, along with Capricorne's 'Q'. Me bringing those two up is just trying to say that speculation didn't do any harm.
It is totally baseless though. Those two examples are particularly good to indicate how pointless it is when people guess without any basis ...

If it has a steeper slope, then it would probably be better, if not, then too bad again. There is nothing else to discuss, and it should not be discussed anyway because it is just a fact that we cannot confirm yet at all.
Very true, I suppose it wouldn't help if we end up believing something and it comes up totally different, impeding any plans people had with said idea. Well that is that.
Yeah, this stadium sucks, i manage with my storm pegasus i only lose at brawls ( 2+ beyblades.)
The only reason I bought this thing was because I had no stadium and I can't use ebay.
Surprisingly my storm pegasus usually wins in this stadium.
then why not just slope it urself by sockin it torwards the middle
I'm sure I can permanently change the convex of my stadium in a way that makes play much better, without significant distortion or destruction of the stadium itself by "sockin' it".
cant believe i wasted cash on this Unhappy
(Jul. 07, 2010  3:47 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: cant believe i wasted cash on this Unhappy

If you can't get a Takara stadium it at least gives you something to play in... Be glad they are only $10 and not like $20 or $30... If you really like Beyblading put forth that $30 -> $60 on a stadium that is good enough for tournaments. It will help you better improve your blading skill and it also allows you to actually use attack types...
(Jun. 30, 2010  7:10 PM)Sagittario96 Wrote: then why not just slope it urself by sockin it torwards the middle
(Jul. 01, 2010  4:06 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I'm sure I can permanently change the convex of my stadium in a way that makes play much better, without significant distortion or destruction of the stadium itself by "sockin' it".

Can someone fill me in on what "sockin' it" is? Hate to ask a stupid question but I have no idea what either of you two are talking about doing.
sockin it is the ancient and sophisticated art in which one precisely punches stuff.
EDIT: i.e, being stupid and punching the middle of the stadium.
(Jul. 07, 2010  2:20 PM)momiji manju Wrote: sockin it is the ancient and sophisticated art in which one precisely punches stuff.

Thank you momji.

Seriously? Punching a stadium to make it have a better bowl? Why not like heat it up and warp the plastic or something else that makes a little bit of sense?
(Jul. 07, 2010  2:53 PM)MaxL Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2010  2:20 PM)momiji manju Wrote: sockin it is the ancient and sophisticated art in which one precisely punches stuff.

Thank you momji.

Seriously? Punching a stadium to make it have a better bowl? Why not like heat it up and warp the plastic or something else that makes a little bit of sense?

You could theoretically heat it up and vacuum it so that it became more concave but you'd need some high pressure suction equipment and with the plastic being as thin as it is. It would most likely break. I saw it done on Mythbusters once when they were trying to make a mirror device that could turn the sun into a deathray like Archimedes was said to have done.
oh well, there's still hope for the mobile stadium, which hass way better slope but is really small. a tiny price to pay for being able to use attack types
Though this probably will go un-answered... I got a chance to speak with a representative of Hasbro earlier today in person.

I asked about new product releases (Expect some awesome Beys in a few weeks, some stores even have them now!!) and afterwords I got down to what the community really wanted to hear, so here's what happened:

Q: So, you're part of the team that tests the products right? Have you gotten a hold of trying out the Beyblade products?
A: Yes, I've tested out a majority of them.

Q: Now, we had a tournament here a few weeks ago and it was indeed a great experience for me to be in charge of it, now I was wondering if you knew about the issue surrounding the Thunder Whip Stadium?
A: No... I never heard of any issues, why?

Me: Well... a majority of the Beyblade community has to agree, that this stadium has got to be the worst developed by Hasbro.
Her: Oh my...I never knew they thought of it that way, what's the problem with it?

Me: Well, the stadium is not deep enough for any actual strategic combat, and the shape of the stadium doesn't help that either, but I did notice the new black one coming out has a bit of a deeper dish.
Her: Yes actually I believe it does, but what makes you say the Thunder Whip has any problems?

Me: Well, first off is the flatness of it, it's way too flat for a stadium, and in my opinion, and the opinion of many others, the stadiums need to be dealt with and done correctly. At a tournament in Toronto taking place in May, when the staff put out that exact stadium to be one of the ones to play in, the whole crowd boo'd at it and it was removed.
Her: Oh my... I'll talk to someone about this issue, thank you for the input!

And there ya go, whether or not she'll do anything is her call.
probably shouldve mentioned that the stadium doesnt work well with attack types, cause then theyll know that their creations (attack type beyblades) cant be put to good use in the thunderwhip.
Very cool, Gadget. It's a small, but significant step, in getting information to Hasbro at least.
Let's hope Hasbro actually pays attention to us this time! That would be like a dream come true!

I hope Earth Eagle or at least Earth SOMETHING comes out in August... Unhappy
This is a great thing to hear Gadget! Glad that at least one person in the company is taking note. Also, If I read that correctly, the representative agreed that the new stadium does indeed have a deeper dish?
(Jul. 07, 2010  10:55 PM)Gadget Wrote: Me: Well, first off is the flatness of it, it's way too flat for a stadium, and in my opinion, and the opinion of many others, the stadiums need to be dealt with and done correctly. At a tournament in Toronto taking place in May, when the staff put out that exact stadium to be one of the ones to play in, the whole crowd boo'd at it and it was removed.

LOL this was actually Super Attack.

I would be surprised if someone from Hasbro hasn't taken a look at this thread already, though.
(Jul. 08, 2010  3:38 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2010  10:55 PM)Gadget Wrote: Me: Well, first off is the flatness of it, it's way too flat for a stadium, and in my opinion, and the opinion of many others, the stadiums need to be dealt with and done correctly. At a tournament in Toronto taking place in May, when the staff put out that exact stadium to be one of the ones to play in, the whole crowd boo'd at it and it was removed.

LOL this was actually Super Attack.

I would be surprised if someone from Hasbro hasn't taken a look at this thread already, though.

I just want Hasbro to release a good stadium... One that we can actually use in tournaments, that way people don't have to import from Japan/China/Korea just so they can run a tournament.
Gadget, remember the exit-to-wall rate, too Wink
Probably would have been worth mentioning that the angle of the attack stadium is actually pretty optimum for performance.
I'm pretty sure that they'd have one laying around somewhere as it was the first Takara MFB stadium released.