Orange F230 VS Brown F230 - Comparison

OK, so there has been notice of which F230 has worked better, the Orange (Bandid Genbull F230TB), or the Brown (Thief Saramanda F230SF). I will be testing with NEW F230 parts, received just today.

Be sure to use the F230 Discussion thread (BB-10), if needed:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-F230-Dis...discussion

[Image: IMG_2976_zpsa3a5e77b.jpg]

In this topic, I will discuss:
  • F230 Axis
  • Solo Spin Times
  • Mirror Battles / Determining Aggression & Stamina
  • CF on F230
  • Overall / Conclusion
  • Temporary fixes

F230 key:
[Image: IMG_2967_zpse98158f0.jpg]

F230 Axis:

With the Orange F230, I noticed that when the F230 edge was spun, the noise was very light, smooth and very free spinning. The Brown one however, created a heavier noise, caused by the friction. The amount of seconds took to rotate are given:

Orange: 3.2 secs max.
Brown: 2.7 secs max.
Brown #1- 0.6 secs max. (Used constantly)
Brown #2- 1.7 secs max. (Used occasionally)

My 2 other previous ones had the problem of wearing out extremely quick, after several uses. #1 was used more times than #2, but the second will inevitably wear out like the first over due course and excessive use. After they have been worn, they will end up sounding very high pitched, and will only be able to rotate one revolution when hand-spun.

I noticed when I took apart F230 Brown #1, "plastic dust" was built inside.

[Image: IMG_2971_zps6dc1a479.jpg]

Solo-Spin Tests

Equipment:
- MFB Attack Stadium
- 3-Segment Launcher Grip
- BeyLauncher R
- Launcher Rubber

Orange:
MF-F Phantom Cygnus F230BWD:
  1. 05:02.6
  2. 04:50.3
  3. 04:50.7

Nothing special, the Beyblade was a rock; it did not go off balance.

Brown:
  1. 04:54.0
  2. 04:42.4
  3. 04:46.1

" "

Brown #1:
  1. 04:45.3
  2. 04:05.9
  3. 04:40.3

The first round had no troubles, but the second and third, slightly, there was definite wobbling at the start, and towards the middle of the solo-spin. What occurred was a lot of shaking in between- stopping and fixing itself up, and so on.

Brown #2:
  1. 04:26.0
  2. 04:04.3
  3. 04:22.0

It turned on the second and third rounds. I had to re-launch three times on the third round to get it to stay in the stadium (instead of Self-KO), and maintain its durability and consistency with other rounds with hard launches.

Obviously the aggressive nature impacted on its solo time.

... Finally, the boring part is over, lol.

Mirror Battles/Determining Aggression

Dark was used, because I had multiples of those. Synchrom was avoided because of the Beyblades mass, and high induced recoil when they clash. More in-stadium battles will give us clearer results in which is better.

Equipment: (Standard Procedure - Orange Launched first, alternate 10 rounds)
- MFB Attack Stadium
- BeyLauncher R
- Launcher Rubber

MF-H Dark Horogium F230TB VS MF-H Dark Horogium F230TB
MF-H Dark Horogium F230TB: 18 Wins (15OS, 3KO)
MF-H Dark Horogium F230TB: 2 Wins (1OS, 1KO)
Amt. Ties Redone: 0
F230 Win Rate: 90%
F230 Win Rate: 10%

In-depth results:

This round was just straight forward. Both F230's were well-balanced and were not aggressive. But, the Brown F230 now has slight balance issues, as compared to the Orange, which does not - even though it was used more.

- MFB Attack Stadium
- BeyLauncher R
- Launcher Rubber

MF-H Dark Horogium F230TB VS MF-H Dark Horogium F230#1TB
MF-H Dark Horogium F230TB: 18 Wins (17OS, 1KO)
MF-H Dark Horogium F230#1TB: 2 Wins (0OS, 2KO)
Amt. Ties Redone: 1
F230 Win Rate: 90%
F230#1 Win Rate: 10%

In-depth results:

The only problem with this Brown F230(#1) was that when it toppled over, and that it was visible to see how unbalanced it really was - this caused its Stamina to be drained heavily.

- MFB Attack Stadium
- BeyLauncher R
- Launcher Rubber

MF-H Dark Horogium F230TB VS MF-H Dark Horogium F230#2TB
MF-H Dark Horogium F230TB: 16 Wins (16OS, 0KO)
MF-H Dark Horogium F230#2TB: (0OS, 4KO)
Amt. Ties Redone: 2
F230 Win Rate: 80%
F230#2 Win Rate: 20%

In-depth results:

Despite F230#2's axis spinning longer than #1's, this was definitely the worst one, by far. It shook the Stadium a lot, and the only way it could win was by a KO.

CF on F230

I will be using the term "LAD" in this case, as it is easier to understand, even though there has been debates about if this is right or not.

CF on F230 is known to do extremely well, winning by the slightest of revolutions at the end, whether it be regular battles, tornado stalls, etc.

Testing a few rounds each (5) should suffice, as it is only to deduce whether or not the Brown F230 is successful at this, or not. First will be the Orange, followed by the Brown, Brown#1, then #2.

MF-F Phantom Cygnus F230CF VS MF-F Duo Sagittario II W145EWD:
MF-F Phantom Cygnus F230CF: 3 Wins (OS)
MF-F Duo Sagittario II W145EWD: 0 Wins
F230 Win Rate: 100%

I tried 2 different methods in launching Phantom Cygnus; Banking & Tornado Stall. Both came out wins. The first and seconds round (bank launch), it was definitely a close battle. What came to it was the "LAD" ability, where the axis and CF stopped, and the upper part was still spinning.

MF-F Phantom Cygnus F230CF VS MF-F Duo Sagittario II W145EWD:
MF-F Phantom Cygnus F230CF: 3 Wins (3OS)
MF-F Duo Sagittario II W145EWD: 0 Wins
F230 Win Rate: 100%

Basically the same as the Orange.

MF-F Phantom Cygnus F230#1CF VS MF-F Duo Sagittario II W145WD:
MF-F Phantom Cygnus F230#1CF: 0 Wins
MF-F Duo Sagittario II W145WD: 3 Wins (3 OS)
F230#1 Win Rate: 0%

Note: I switched the bottom to WD.

It seemed as if this was going towards a win, but dead lost without its ability to rotate after crashing. Occurred 3 times ~

MF-F Phantom Cygnus F230#2CF VS MF-F Duo Sagittario II W145WD:
MF-F Phantom Cygnus F230#2CF: 3 Wins (3 OS)
MF-F Duo Sagittario II W145WD: 0 Wins
F230#2 Win Rate: 100%

Very vicious in sounds, and lost Stamina extremely quick, BUT ended up winning because it was able to still spin after being toppled over ("LAD").

Conclusion

The Orange F230, which comes with Bandid Genbull F230TB, and the Brown F230 from Thief Saramanda F230SF both work well; but the latter being weaker. It seems that the Brown F230's wear out after a duration of use, while the Orange stays perfectly fine and runs smoothly.

For it to be a good Tornado Staller, you will definitely need one that is able to rotate freely on its axis, otherwise it will just lose towards the end, despite having a feeling that it will win when you battle. I did a resets on the free spinning axis solo-times, to see if they have changed (the second one is the current):

Orange: 3.2 secs ~ 3.3 secs
Brown: 2.7 secs ~ 2.3 secs
Brown #1- 0.6 secs ~ 0.4-5 secs
Brown #2- 1.7 secs ~ 1.3 secs

Legal Temporary Fixes

If you have a brown F230, try opening up your parts, and wash the plastic elements with water. This should remove any dust that may lurk from use, and the frictional squeaking (lightly). Be sure to dry them!

~ Let me know if this has worked for you, because it has definitely worked for both of my previous ones.

Anyways thanks for reading!
Thanks for testing this Cannon!

for the Legal Temporary Fixes, it works quite well, the only problem is that you will always have to wash it again after some uses LOL, but I confirm it helps!
Finally, someone willing to do tests to confirm the suspicions of others.

Great work Cannon!
Thank you for the tests Cannon. I've been waiting for somebody to actually compare the Brown and the Orange F230's. In a some-what recent tournament I went to I believe myself and Dark_Mousy compared the Orange to the Brown and found out the Orange runs a lot smoother, but it is so much better to have actual tests. Thank for taking your time to do the (Many) tests and for making this thread!
Thanks a lot for this, in an environment like MD where F230CF has become a bit rampant it's great to know which ones to be more aware of.
Thankss a lot Canon. It is really informative, very well done I must say
Thanks for taking time to do these test
Help me a lot
Thanks for doing this, Cannon!

I'm surprised the brown ones were able to win at all when using CF. I've seen some truly horrible F230's that have basically zero "Life After Death".
Thanks for the tests Cannon. Im just gonna wait until Hasbro releases it to see how it does. Im hoping it will be the best of them all.
(Jul. 19, 2013  1:34 PM)Cannon Wrote: It seems that the Brown F230's wear out after a duration of use, while the Orange stays perfectly fine and runs smoothly.

Yes! Smile I'm soooooooooooooooo glad I got Bandid genbull now instead of Thief Saramanda. Thanks man! This really helped.

Question: When you did your stamina testing against 230 in the F230 thread (BB-10), you were using a brown one, right? Since the brown ones have proven inferior to the orange mold, do you think that F230 (orange) may have some stamina potential?
Utterly phenomenal thread, this was a fantastic read Grin I'll have to try cleaning out my brown F230... Gah, I wish I'd sprung for Bandid Genbull, lol!

Like already mentioned, I'm really looking forward to Hasbro's release since it might be really smooth if its recent free-spinning parts are anything to go by.

Question: since taking F230s apart was mentioned, could one legally use an F230 that has (for example) an orange bottom part and a brown top part?
(Jul. 20, 2013  7:09 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Gah, I wish I'd sprung for Bandid Genbull, lol!

It pays to buy the best. Cool

(Jul. 20, 2013  7:09 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Question: since taking F230s apart was mentioned, could one legally use an F230 that has (for example) an orange bottom part and a brown top part?

Yes. Why would you want to do that, though?
From what I saw on my reinforced E230 from thief phoenix (prize today) hasbro isn't using the exact same molds as takara so there is a legitimate chance the hasbro one could be far more consistent...

edit: the hasbro one is supposed to be red, correct?
(Jul. 19, 2013  9:46 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Question: When you did your stamina testing against 230 in the F230 thread (BB-10), you were using a brown one, right? Since the brown ones have proven inferior to the orange mold, do you think that F230 (orange) may have some stamina potential?

Perhaps .. The problem with it though is against low-opposing Beyblades; the bottom half pauses for 1-2 seconds it seems whenever it is struck hard enough, so that could be a problem with Stamina and draining issues.

And yes, I did use the brown ones in that thread. :e

(Jul. 20, 2013  11:08 PM)Time Wrote: edit: the hasbro one is supposed to be red, correct?

From the pictures, yes. But it looks slightly darker though.

But yeah, that is just the one from Berserker Begirados, who knows what colour the original one will be.
Even though it's an illegal solution would you mind checking if applying a graphite-based dry lubricant to the brown f230 removes its stuttering?
(Jul. 20, 2013  11:08 PM)Time Wrote: From what I saw on my reinforced E230 from thief phoenix (prize today) hasbro isn't using the exact same molds as takara so there is a legitimate chance the hasbro one could be far more consistent...
Do note also that all non-metal Shogun Steel parts are lighter than their TT counterparts for some reason, with GCF being reduced as much as ~1/2. Weight difference and the effect that has on top/bottom distribution could play a significant role here.
(Jul. 23, 2013  1:03 AM)Time Wrote: Even though it's an illegal solution would you mind checking if applying a graphite-based dry lubricant to the brown f230 removes its stuttering?

Uh no, I'm not going to do that.

BUT, I did try putting Vaseline on one of the brown ones, and yes it does work smoother and effectively, despite it being illegal.
(Jul. 24, 2013  12:34 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2013  11:08 PM)Time Wrote: From what I saw on my reinforced E230 from thief phoenix (prize today) hasbro isn't using the exact same molds as takara so there is a legitimate chance the hasbro one could be far more consistent...
Do note also that all non-metal Shogun Steel parts are lighter than their TT counterparts for some reason, with GCF being reduced as much as ~1/2. Weight difference and the effect that has on top/bottom distribution could play a significant role here.

Do you have any proof of that, respond in the Shogun Steel thread though as this is off-topic
Thanks for the heads up Cannon. Better I know this now before my next purchase.
Sorry for the revival of sorts, but I'm buying a Hasbro F230 right now, and before I use it, I'd like to know what tests you guys would like done to see exactly how good it is. Keep in mind I don't have a TT one.
Don't waste your money, I made the mistake of doing so, it is absolutely horrid.
There's another reason not to buy the hasbro version: My TB got jammed, and it doesn't spin. Waste of my $20... I got the Behemoth Golem Synchrom set.
Edit: I cleaned the guts of the track, and now it's slightly like my TT orange F230.
what happened the TB? Perhaps I can help
shinobuXD: Confused I've already witnessed multiple Hasbro F230 tracks perform, and they were literally worse than a brown Takara mold... but, formal tests would be awesome! Joyful_3 Could you try, say, Reviser Dragooon F230CF vs. Duo ____ W145BWD? Thanks!
(Aug. 27, 2013  2:31 PM)Triforceblader Wrote: I'd be able to help you need to disassemble the f230 and first put it in a sink with water and drop all of the pieces in. Make sure that the drain is closed so no parts go down the drain.

From there it should work properly but I'd also suggest putting a little squeaking oil on it to make it free spin better.

That's illegal. Confused

Cleaning the inside of the track is to remove plastic residue from continual use... if it's brand new, then it won't help at all. :\