[Northern Oregon/Southern Washington, USA] Bring it on.

Just wanted to discuss all the things about my entry and things like that, because I want to have this tournament real and to get as much people as possible.

on where it is, in the hillsboro area is easy, I could bike or even walk there, so that works well, same thing goes for my friends, they live next door to me and could walk there.
Plus I know a lot of places open for events there, such as buildings for lease and more!
if you need a place for the tournament and are still finding out, I could walk just one mile and find a perfect place, is outdoors possible, just need a sunny day, but then we could just find a park, ask for our tournament to be there and bam, its a real tournament then!
I just tested my bey (It's nickname is Dialga) against a bunch of customized beys and it won easily! Im sure I can win! im also working on finding people in my neighborhood who would like to participate in the competition, where I live, there's like 50 people who beyblade it wont be hard.
What stadium are you using? if its a BB-10 or BB-46 im perfectly ready, for those are the stadiums I tested in.
And if you need a stadium I've got you covered. now I just need to replace my launcher grip (It's little tab holding the launcher in falls out frequently, the metal one I made did'nt fix that problem, I've lost a bunch of battles with my friend do to that, if you have a spare grip that I could borrow I would be very happy, then I could use my LR string launcher)
And also, my friends are signing up! (That means they might participate in the tournament!!!)
And sorry if you think this is one huge post, but I had alot of things to say, and putting them in seperate messages could turn them into spam so...
I still need to find a place to host it. The last two were hosted at Rivals Fantasy Games, but they have since closed down. There is one place out in Aloha I am looking into. They have a chunk of time during certain days just for free play, so we might be able to do it then. Or I could ask if they could make time for us, in exchange of a bit of the money from the entry fee. This way we can also advertise it a bit more.

We will be using a BB-10 stadium. I will be bringing mine and my friend will be bringing his for a total of two. Feel free to bring yours too! If we don't use yours for rounds, we can always use them for when people want to battle outside of rounds. This way people aren't just standing around waiting for round.

Make sure you tell your friends to post in here, that way we can get a more exact idea on how many people are going to show up.

As far as the grip goes, I only have one working one right now. My carabiner grip is broken (same issue, the little tab falls out).
(Feb. 16, 2014  8:35 PM)Nano Wrote: I still need to find a place to host it. The last two were hosted at Rivals Fantasy Games, but they have since closed down. There is one place out in Aloha I am looking into. They have a chunk of time during certain days just for free play, so we might be able to do it then. Or I could ask if they could make time for us, in exchange of a bit of the money from the entry fee. This way we can also advertise it a bit more.

We will be using a BB-10 stadium. I will be bringing mine and my friend will be bringing his for a total of two. Feel free to bring yours too! If we don't use yours for rounds, we can always use them for when people want to battle outside of rounds. This way people aren't just standing around waiting for round.

Make sure you tell your friends to post in here, that way we can get a more exact idea on how many people are going to show up.

As far as the grip goes, I only have one working one right now. My carabiner grip is broken (same issue, the little tab falls out).
aloha wont work... my parents say it has to be on hillsboro Unhappy
My friends still need an account, but gee their parents are quite the strict people and might not let their kids join because it is public to other people (Well i wonder why they are allowed to play minecraft)
but anyway, my friends might not be able to enter because of that, and also it was worth a try on getting a grip, sad thing is, my hands are too big for even a string launcher LR, guess im gonna go old-style and make a grip (Taping the launcher to a stick) sad thing is, that about 90% of me losing is caused by my grip, not my bey, and ive broke about 50% of my launchers because they flew out of the grip, and it breaks from crashing into a wall or the floor. someday a genius will invent "Spare parts for a launcher grip"
also, is doing a bey tournament outdoors at a park good, if yes, I got like 5 parks in my area that we could do it at.
Your parents can't drive you the extra 15 minutes to Aloha? Aloha is literally right next to Hillsboro.
Tell your friend's parents that they don't have to put any personal info on the WBO. The only reason we need them to make an account is so that we can tally up ranks and other things after the tournament. They don't even have to post, they can just show up to tournaments.

Outside would not be good. Unless we wait until summer, we won't be able to do outside due to the weather. I don't know of any other places that would let us host a tournament in Hillsboro. I'll keep looking around though.
(Feb. 16, 2014  11:56 PM)Nano Wrote: Your parents can't drive you the extra 15 minutes to Aloha? Aloha is literally right next to Hillsboro.
Tell your friend's parents that they don't have to put any personal info on the WBO. The only reason we need them to make an account is so that we can tally up ranks and other things after the tournament. They don't even have to post, they can just show up to tournaments.

Outside would not be good. Unless we wait until summer, we won't be able to do outside due to the weather. I don't know of any other places that would let us host a tournament in Hillsboro. I'll keep looking around though.

where we are hillboro is 15 minutes, aloha is one hour
(Feb. 17, 2014  1:35 AM)Meeper Wrote: where we are hillboro is 15 minutes, aloha is one hour

Where are you? Are you more towards the Forest Grove area?
(Feb. 17, 2014  2:37 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2014  1:35 AM)Meeper Wrote: where we are hillboro is 15 minutes, aloha is one hour

Where are you? Are you more towards the Forest Grove area?
yes. oh and my friends said their parents will let them have an account but only to enter tournaments (They cant PM anyone but me, chat, or post, but they will enter tournaments) and so, to return for them only being able to enter tournaments (Given there is not much to do then)
im going to make them a combo that wont suck (They were planning on entering forbidden gashur 230Q, they absolutely need a better combo if they dont want to lose in the first round :/ )
so im gonna go to the build me a combo thread and get some good combos :)
If you guys would like to do an event some time in the future, I still have some stadiums left from a few years ago when I did events here in WA and OR. Not sure if they are legal these days or not but there still here.
Hello everyone in Northern Oregon/Southern Washington! I am a struggling blader trying to get by and I would like to hold a tournament sometime in October! Of course I will put in various research into locations, style of tournament, and times so that it is convenient for all and accomodates everyone! If anyone would like to join me in trying to bring beyblade back to life here, it would be much appreciated! PM me if you would like to help host this tournament.
(Sep. 13, 2016  7:38 AM)NeptuneGT Wrote: Hello everyone in Northern Oregon/Southern Washington! I am a struggling blader trying to get by and I would like to hold a tournament sometime in October! Of course I will put in various research into locations, style of tournament, and times so that it is convenient for all and accomodates everyone! If anyone would like to join me in trying to bring beyblade back to life here, it would be much appreciated! PM me if you would like to help host this tournament.
Woah you're in Oregon too? Nice
(Sep. 20, 2016  12:21 AM)Kevo Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2016  7:38 AM)NeptuneGT Wrote: Hello everyone in Northern Oregon/Southern Washington! I am a struggling blader trying to get by and I would like to hold a tournament sometime in October! Of course I will put in various research into locations, style of tournament, and times so that it is convenient for all and accomodates everyone! If anyone would like to join me in trying to bring beyblade back to life here, it would be much appreciated! PM me if you would like to help host this tournament.
Woah you're in Oregon too? Nice
I didn't know you were in Oregon Kev
oregon is a dead state for spin tops gg no re