[North East, UK] Beydays Event. Nothern Brawl @ Moving Image 28/05/11

on
Hosted by
  Newt
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Northern Brawl @ Moving Image

Date: Saturday 28th May 2011 ( 28/05/11)
Time: 12pm

Venue: NEW VENUE Loacted at Moving Image Toys in North Shields.

Please note that the venue is no longer in Newcastle town centre. It is now located in North Shields. For anybody unfamiliar with the Tyne & Wear metro system you will need to buy a 3 zone ticket and travel towards the coast from Monument station this journey takes 20minutes.

Address:
MOVING IMAGE TOYS
52A NILE STREET
NORTH SHIELDS
TYNE & WEAR
NE29 0BG

Directions from North Shields Metro
[Image: directionsz.th.jpg]
If you are Traveling via Metro the venue is really easy to get to. When you walk out of the station turn left and walk up the street. The shop is on the left hand side opposite the post office. It only takes a minute.

Entry Fee:
Without Passport £4 (Extra £1 for venue rental)
Passport £1 (Extra £1 for venue rental)

Prizes: Mystery Takara Import Bey + Hasbro stadium to be given out
Prize is a mystery and will be unveiled at the tourney.

Atendees:
Myself
Scurry
Black_Rose
Trace Kaiser
Spoonigan

poseidon
omre94
theblayder
kaiser

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(May. 28, 2011  4:02 PM)omre94 Wrote: I also went 10-2 haha, great tournament, bigger turnout than I expected and hopefully we'll get a lot more done over the summer.

Alex is going to hold unofficial tournanents weekly in the shop and 1 week of the month will hopefully be a official event.

(May. 28, 2011  7:04 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Oh man I sucked today! Hahaha. Gotta get some new blades :p

Tournament was great fun though! I'll post a couple of the photos I took on my 3DS in a bit :3
The shop now stocks ther newer blades Smile

Im compiling the results now only like 11 rounds and 66 matches to post D:
(May. 29, 2011  5:40 PM)Newt Wrote:
(May. 28, 2011  4:02 PM)omre94 Wrote: I also went 10-2 haha, great tournament, bigger turnout than I expected and hopefully we'll get a lot more done over the summer.

Alex is going to hold unofficial tournanents weekly in the shop and 1 week of the month will hopefully be a official event.

Great, I'll try and get down for the official ones, I probably won't be able to come up each weekend because of the travel time etc, but I'll try and come up once a month Wink
He has new blades in already?! Bloody hell that was quick, hahah.

Definitely gonna try and be there most weeks, absolutely definitely gonna be there for all the official ones! So stoked that we can have tournaments so regularly, we might even be able to build up like a proper scene Grin

Oh yeah, are they gonna be getting a Takara Attack stadium in themselves? That would be sweeeeet
(May. 29, 2011  8:11 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: He has new blades in already?! Bloody hell that was quick, hahah.

Definitely gonna try and be there most weeks, absolutely definitely gonna be there for all the official ones! So stoked that we can have tournaments so regularly, we might even be able to build up like a proper scene Grin

Oh yeah, are they gonna be getting a Takara Attack stadium in themselves? That would be sweeeeet

My takara balance one is there but im gonna invest in the attack one eventually. The unofficial ones might use some hasbro ones i really dunno.

What i do know is you will need to be up early because there 10am-2pm before yu gi oh takes over
Ahh right, I see!

Whaaa, there's not gonna be like a set time or anything? ._. 12 was pretty awesome and I doubt it'd take more than two hours - we started like half an hour late iirc, and there was LOADS of us....

I hate getting up early! :<

Oh also - 3DS gif time!

[Image: mApS.wiggle.gif]
This was the semi-final, with Newt vs Omre94!

[Image: TRuW.wiggle.gif]
Semi-final yet again!

[Image: n3NP.wiggle.gif]
A clash of titans! The final round, from which Newt emerged victorious!

Just a little explanation - the 3DS has 2 cameras on it, enabling it to take 3d photos by taking 2 photos simultaneously from slightly different perspectives. Those gifs swap quickly between both photos it has taken, giving a little illusion of depth Smile
Well I know alex might be stocking metal faces in the near future too.

As for the next one im thinking the end of June because I think ill be busy for the 2nd and 3rd saturday.

Also I think im gonna change the times around.

Ill do registration from 11:30-11:45
That gives me 15 mins to do the brackets so I can start at 12

If someone misses registration and I have got uneven numbers its fine but if its even its tough luck. Does that sound fair?
sorry i couldnt attend, i had to have an operation Uncertain but now my leg is better, when will the unofficial tournaments start to be hosted, and also will the shop stock takara blades?
(May. 30, 2011  9:49 PM)Newt Wrote: Well I know alex might be stocking metal faces in the near future too.

As for the next one im thinking the end of June because I think ill be busy for the 2nd and 3rd saturday.

Also I think im gonna change the times around.

Ill do registration from 11:30-11:45
That gives me 15 mins to do the brackets so I can start at 12

If someone misses registration and I have got uneven numbers its fine but if its even its tough luck. Does that sound fair?

Sounds great Grin
(May. 30, 2011  11:10 PM)TheBlayder Wrote: sorry i couldnt attend, i had to have an operation Uncertain but now my leg is better, when will the unofficial tournaments start to be hosted, and also will the shop stock takara blades?

Tourneys start this saturday. Might possibly get in takara beys but not at the moment.
(May. 31, 2011  8:55 PM)Newt Wrote:
(May. 30, 2011  11:10 PM)TheBlayder Wrote: sorry i couldnt attend, i had to have an operation Uncertain but now my leg is better, when will the unofficial tournaments start to be hosted, and also will the shop stock takara blades?

Tourneys start this saturday. Might possibly get in takara beys but not at the moment.

Better get ready! Same toy store and such? And hopefully they will stock takara blades, because currently my only takara option is amazon.
So we should get there before 11:45 for registration yeah?

Might be worth making a thread in the section for unofficial events and stuff Smile
For official ones yeah. As for this sat I really don't know because I'll have to ask alex and that's a bit of a problem at the moment.
Ahh right, I see.. Well, if we don't know otherwise, I guess that would be a fair time to arrive anyway Smile