North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion.

Is there any bladers in or near the triangle area?
I’m in Durham and just discovered beyblades today. Trying to learn as much as I can.
(Jan. 09, 2022  12:45 AM)smurffymurph Wrote: I’m in Durham and just discovered beyblades today. Trying to learn as much as I can.

Chat with the tournament host down here in Jacksonville his name is staycool he could probably help you.
try hosting one in Beaufort county

i'm 14 so I could host a tournament if I wanted but it ain't really my thing
(Feb. 15, 2022  5:55 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: try hosting one in Beaufort county

i'm 14 so I could host a tournament if I wanted but it ain't really my thing

If you live in that county, you’re literally not that far from Jacksonville. Around an hour it seems from what I calculated.
So part of me wants to hosts events in the future again. I could host in Raleigh or Jacksonville. My wife's family is actually in Jacksonville. BUT if I was to do anything It would be in the summer. Once my work schedule is a bit more settled.

Maybe Beydays if that's still a thing? Clearly not going to Anime North anytime soon.
(Mar. 27, 2022  11:33 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: So part of me wants to hosts events in the future again. I could host in Raleigh or Jacksonville. My wife's family is actually in Jacksonville. BUT if I was to do anything It would be in the summer. Once my work schedule is a bit more settled.

Maybe Beydays if that's still a thing? Clearly not going to Anime North anytime soon.

I apologize DJCAT8608 I am not up here as much as I should be. There is a tournament happening in Jacksonville April 10th. I work near Beaufort so hopefully the drive isn’t too far for you.

Dark Mousy it’s great to see you up here bro. I’m gonna start hosting more in Raleigh because it’s a more central location. I try to put on occasionally for the local community here in Jacksonville though. I have big hopes for NC in the future that I can talk to you about 1 on 1. I also need to reach out to froztz who is another big host in the NC world now.

Overall I apologize to the NC community for not hosting more here, I’ve been busy with The Circuit and traveling but I plan to start focusing locally very soon to help build our community up strong 😎
(Mar. 28, 2022  2:56 AM)StayCool Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2022  11:33 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: So part of me wants to hosts events in the future again. I could host in Raleigh or Jacksonville. My wife's family is actually in Jacksonville. BUT if I was to do anything It would be in the summer. Once my work schedule is a bit more settled.

I apologize DJCAT8608 I am not up here as much as I should be. There is a tournament happening in Jacksonville April 10th. I work near Beaufort so hopefully the drive isn’t too far for you.

Dark Mousy it’s great to see you up here bro. I’m gonna start hosting more in Raleigh because it’s a more central location. I try to put on occasionally for the local community here in Jacksonville though. I have big hopes for NC in the future that I can talk to you about 1 on 1. I also need to reach out to froztz who is another big host in the NC world now.

Overall I apologize to the NC community for not hosting more here, I’ve been busy with The Circuit and traveling but I plan to start focusing locally very soon to help build our community up strong 😎

Is it standard, GT, or Limited (I really like GT format for some reason)
is it deck format or just 1 bey

on a Sunday, i'll talk to my parents to see if I can go
(Mar. 28, 2022  12:55 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote:
(Mar. 28, 2022  2:56 AM)StayCool Wrote: I apologize DJCAT8608 I am not up here as much as I should be. There is a tournament happening in Jacksonville April 10th. I work near Beaufort so hopefully the drive isn’t too far for you.

Is it standard, GT, or Limited (I really like GT format for some reason)
is it deck format or just 1 bey

on a Sunday, i'll talk to my parents to see if I can go

It’s standard 3v3 format. Here is the tournament link Let’s Play!
welp if I do join imma prob lose (rip me) (I don't have any good DB stuff other than Astral, Vanish, Tapered, and Over)
I do have some good drivers tho
(Mar. 28, 2022  2:31 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: welp if I do join imma prob lose (rip me) (I don't have any good DB stuff other than Astral, Vanish, Tapered, and Over)

You should still come out if you’re able. We can help with combos but it’s more for the experience
(Mar. 28, 2022  2:31 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: welp if I do join imma prob lose (rip me) (I don't have any good DB stuff other than Astral, Vanish, Tapered, and Over)

You should still come out. NC has the best Beyblade community in the world. I’ve played people from all around the world. They will help you out. 

And I’m glad NC doesn’t have a cheater problem. Man I can tell some stories. (Would be a great podcast episode lol 😂)
good, I used to be a cheater myself but as i've gotten older i've realized that cheating is no fun (btw I do have good GT combos, sadly my DB bey collection is very low)
Let’s talk plastics & MFB.

I have enough to share and prize support from my personal collection. I would take a weekend to run an event in either Raleigh , Jacksonville (maybe), or Goldsboro. I would provide prize support so the WBO wouldn’t have to pay anything out of pocket(kinda doubt that’s still a thing).

I would need at least 12 confirmed players to move forward with this. I have enough stuff to share with both formats. If you’re interested, let’s get a discussion going.

Special thanks to Papa Th!nk! You know what you did Alex.
(Apr. 16, 2022  2:36 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Let’s talk plastics & MFB.

I have enough to share and prize support  from my personal collection. I would take a weekend to run an event in either Raleigh , Jacksonville (maybe), or Goldsboro. I would provide prize support so the WBO wouldn’t have to pay anything out of pocket(kinda doubt that’s still a thing).

I would need at least 12 confirmed players to move forward with this. I have enough stuff to share with both formats.  If you’re interested, let’s get a discussion going.

WBO doesn’t do prize support anymore but I’m also willing to help. I think Raleigh would be your best bet and I’m going to start hosting there often as well and try to restore or regenerate a community.

I’m down to play. The only plastics and MFB I have are in my prize collection so I don’t play with them but I’m down to buy yours from you.

Just give a heads up on the dates your thinking and I’ll come through. 

Also, I wanted to mention here that we are having The Circuit: Dark Continent in Raleigh this year. July 23rd-24th. We love to see everyone in the local NC community come out and get to know one another.

I have enough to share and prize support from my personal collection. I would take a weekend to run an event in either Raleigh , Jacksonville (maybe), or Goldsboro. I would provide prize support so the WBO wouldn’t have to pay anything out of pocket(kinda doubt that’s still a thing).

I would need at least 12 confirmed players to move forward with this. I have enough stuff to share with both formats. If you’re interested, let’s get a discussion going.

This is legendary, huge thank you to th!nk for talking Dark into this!

I’m down for both formats and have longed to organize MFB for quite some time now. I DO have plastics, but I would probably need to borrow a few parts and potentially a left launcher 😅. Location wise, I can definitely make Raleigh, but Goldsboro is a bit of a stretch and I unfortunately definitely cannot make Jacksonville.

Out of curiosity, what are your plans stadium wise (For both MFB and plastics)?
(Apr. 17, 2022  12:04 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:

I have enough to share and prize support  from my personal collection. I would take a weekend to run an event in either Raleigh , Jacksonville (maybe), or Goldsboro. I would provide prize support so the WBO wouldn’t have to pay anything out of pocket(kinda doubt that’s still a thing).

I would need at least 12 confirmed players to move forward with this. I have enough stuff to share with both formats.  If you’re interested, let’s get a discussion going.

This is legendary, huge thank you to th!nk for talking Dark into this!

I’m down for both formats and have longed to organize MFB for quite some time now. I DO have plastics, but I would probably need to borrow a few parts and potentially a left launcher 😅. Location wise, I can definitely make Raleigh, but Goldsboro is a bit of a stretch and I unfortunately definitely cannot make Jacksonville.

Out of curiosity, what are your plans stadium wise (For both MFB and plastics)?

Word, just reading this after driving 12 hours from Florida. If i miss something I’ll fix it tomorrow. 

Raleigh has always been my favorite location. Game Theory was always nice and inviting to us. And I was using game stores before most. (Except for maybe NYC, but that’s another story. Goldsboro is basically my back yard lol 😂. And Jacksonville is where the in-laws live. 

I have a BB10. Might can get a couple others from old friends. I’m reaching out to some tomorrow and Monday. 

And on that note;

Sleep well, drink water, take your meds, and cheaters should be immediately eliminated from tournaments. 🙃 

And my Carnival Ship was on the news today.
are there any tournaments near Wilmington?
(Jun. 23, 2022  5:23 AM)mrphuffles Wrote: are there any tournaments near Wilmington?

Not at the moment. The closest will be in Raleigh on July 2nd
I've noticed there have been quite a many tourneys in NC in the last 2-3 years, but it's mostly Burst. Would there be any interest for a MFB (or even HMS :p) tourney?
(Jul. 22, 2022  12:27 AM)Oi Shinji Wrote: I've noticed there have been quite a many tourneys in NC in the last 2-3 years, but it's mostly Burst. Would there be any interest for a MFB (or even HMS :p) tourney?

It’s possible but the issue is many players who compete in the area now don’t have those parts. So we may need you and anyone willing to share what you have, if possible, to get things rolling
(Jul. 22, 2022  4:35 AM)StayCool Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2022  12:27 AM)Oi Shinji Wrote: I've noticed there have been quite a many tourneys in NC in the last 2-3 years, but it's mostly Burst. Would there be any interest for a MFB (or even HMS :p) tourney?

It’s possible but the issue is many players who compete in the area now don’t have those parts. So we may need you and anyone willing to share what you have, if possible, to get things rolling

If it's MFB, I don't mind sharing at all. The only problem would probably be me not having enough good competitive parts, but I can share whatever I have.

As for HMS, I need to buy them first lol

I am down for anytime after September
I'm Planning on moving to North Carolina, So I hope I'll be able to attend one of the tournaments there Smile
Hey is there somebody here I can battle against in wilson? Like we set a time and we can go play at a park like the gillete park in wilson

(Mar. 20, 2023  3:52 AM)UltimateV Wrote: Hey is there somebody here I can battle against in wilson? Like we set a time and we can go play at a park like the gillete park in wilson

I don't matter how many people go
honestly I probably won't be able to attend a tournament until I turn 16, which is when I get my license