North Carolina [USA] Tournament Discussion.

I would prefer December 13th, personally...
(Nov. 18, 2013  7:20 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I would prefer December 13th, personally...
You know December 13th is a Friday right?
Wouldn't it make sense to do it during a Christmas Break time?
(Nov. 18, 2013  11:27 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Wouldn't it make sense to do it during a Christmas Break time?

Because I may be working my other job all that week. I have to schedule around my work schedule.
(Nov. 18, 2013  11:12 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Nov. 18, 2013  7:20 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I would prefer December 13th, personally...
You know December 13th is a Friday right?

14th. Typo.
WHO WANTS BB-10???

I do. Joyful_3 Perhaps we could do both? THAT would be cool...
IN regards to Carolina Game Summit 2014/Beyblade Colosseum:
Who does Michael represent ?
(Nov. 21, 2013  3:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Who does Michael represent ?

He is the one in charge of Carolina Game Summit. CGS was his brain child. He is no longer employed where CGS was held for the last few years. And his April event apparently fell through. He is the guy at the top of the food chain basically.
(Nov. 21, 2013  3:57 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: He is the one in charge of Carolina Game Summit. CGS was his brain child. He is no longer employed where CGS was held for the last few years. And his April event apparently fell through. He is the guy at the top of the food chain basically.

OK, so there will not be a Carolina Game Summit 2014 at all; it is not just about your tournament ?
My world just shattered... C'mon Dark! You gotta find somewhere else!

Question... if we end up holding it, what format were you thinking?
(Nov. 21, 2013  4:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote: OK, so there will not be a Carolina Game Summit 2014 at all; it is not just about your tournament ?

Its CGS itself. MIchael was working at the College we hosted at this past year. He was already in a bind with lack of volunteers. Now he would have to find a venue and pay for everything out of pocket. Our tournament was one of the more succesful ones. And actually got done at a decent time. WE also did the most advertising, and had the best prize support and most sponsors.

(Nov. 21, 2013  4:22 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: My world just shattered... C'mon Dark! You gotta find somewhere else!

Question... if we end up holding it, what format were you thinking?

I'm in the process of getting in contact with a potential place. But its a long shot at best. And it was going to be Zero G. The original idea was CGS was going to be a weekend event. So Friday was going to be BB10 and Saturday was going to be Zero G. And Sunday was going to be my day off hah.
So most likely no Colosseum next year? Aw rats... guess I'll just have to go straight up to Toronto! XD

Another question, and I think many of the other players would support me on this... could we play standard format more? Like, a LOT more? we've had 11 tournaments since Colloseum, and 9 of them have been Zero-G.

Most places play standard format the majority of the time, and Zero-G maybe a third or a quarter of the time, whereas we play 85% Zero-G. It's honestly getting a bit old... "Standard Format" is called standard for a reason, LOL. XD I see no reason not to play BB-10 more often.
I actually think more and more people are into Zero-G, so it is at least half-half.
Yo, MD plays Zero-G more than you guys do, I guarantee it.

Toronto does half and half, so yeah, I would say it is more along the lines of 65-35 (ZG over BB-10).
...Which is really kinda weird if you think about it. :\ Shouldn't standard format be more prevalent? I mean, it's "standard," LOL. Tongue_out

I don't know, I just like it better. XD

BTW, I went through winning combos and took count of every tournament we've had since this summer:

BB-10 format - 15 tournaments
Zero-G format - 13 tournaments

Therefore, the worldwide ratio is actually 54% to 46%, in favor of BB-10 at the moment, which is far more Zero-G than I thought... However, the rate of Zero-G competition in North Carolina since June has been a whopping 83.3%, which is nearly double the international average.

IDK, I'd just like to see more standard format come around... not that I don't like Zero-G, but y'know, 5 of 'em in a row can get a bit boring. XD
I'd come down for BB-10 on the 7th.
(Nov. 24, 2013  12:02 AM)Insomniac Wrote: I'd come down for BB-10 on the 7th.

I might be working that weekend. I can let you guys know about that date by Wednesday.
(Sep. 30, 2011  2:34 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2011  2:28 AM)TITAN Wrote: Good luck! If this works, it'll be NC's fourth tournament! We're actually starting to become big in the tournament scene!

Can i confirm or at least put you as a maybe? We are trying to do monthly tournaments.

If there is a greenville tournament to i will be there
(Nov. 24, 2013  2:52 PM)vari ares rulez Wrote: If there is a greenville tournament to i will be there

We mainly do Raleigh events right now. Its the most central location.And that post you quoted was rather old.
(Nov. 24, 2013  12:02 AM)Insomniac Wrote: I'd come down for BB-10 on the 7th.
I would go to that event if insomniac comes down.
I like it to be zero g attack type stadium.
BB-10!

Confirm me for the 7th!! If Dark can't make it Thunder and I could host it... Finally, standard firmat! Woohoo! With Insomniac and SS1!

This is gonna be great (if it happens, that is).
Let me check my schedule tonight at work and then check with Abe (GT Owner) And ill let everyone know.
Sorry for the double post. But its looking good for the 7th. Im off work that day Smile Ill get in contact with Abe tomorrow and see what we can do.

Now the potential Changing news: I stress potential.