Non-WBO Events currently not allowed on WBO (Current as of 2020/02/10)

I spoke with ~Mana~ today to doublecheck our official rules on whether or not non-WBO physical tournaments and events are allowed to be advertised on WBO. And the answer is apparently No. So please don't be alarmed if such a thread goes missing.

My previous understanding was that they were permitted in the Your Creations subforum, but that has since been corrected.

In the future there may be plans for allowing non-WBO tournaments that meet certain criteria to be allowed to be posted on the site, but currently they are not.

I realize there have been a couple of events of this kind in the past few months which were in the Your Creations subforum, and we'll just grandfather those in and leave them be for now, most have already passed. But subsequent advertising for tournament events (especially paid ones) will not be permitted, and the thread/posts will likely be removed.

It is important that all events posted on WBO at least run semi-similar to WBO's core values. So, for example, a tournament with a severe age restriction of very young bladers only, would not be permitted.

If you want to post about a non-WBO event, talk to a Moderator or Committee member. They can walk you through why or why it would not be permitted in your specific case.

Ideally, you should become a WBO organizer and run WBO events if you want to post about them on this website. We have the organizer status in place as a protection for bladers to ensure that the people running events conform to WBO rules and hold a high standard of quality for events.

---

Posting a Date, a Location, an External Page for your event? That would be disallowed.

Linking a Facebook page? Probably not going to fly.
Linking an Eventbrite page for buying tickets? Definitely not going to fly.
I thought something was wrong with allowing Non-WBO events to be advertised on the WBO. I am glad this is resolved.
(Feb. 10, 2020  7:30 PM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: I feel like this thread should be pinned

I do too, as most people think it's ok to advertise their events on the WBO.
Where do I pin it though, here in Your Creations, or move it into the North America subforum and pin it there? Surely not Beyblade General, that's crowded as is.
(Feb. 10, 2020  7:53 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Where do I pin it though, here in Your Creations, or move it into the North America subforum and pin it there? Surely not Beyblade General, that's crowded as is.

I'd move it to the North America Subforum and pin it there, but that's just my opinion.
(Feb. 10, 2020  7:56 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2020  7:53 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Where do I pin it though, here in Your Creations, or move it into the North America subforum and pin it there? Surely not Beyblade General, that's crowded as is.

I'd move it to the North America Subforum and pin it there, but that's just my opinion.

I agree since a lot of the threads for Non WBO events happen in the North America Subforum.
Well, I asked about it. But someone pointed out that the rule is already written down in the rules clearly visible in the Beyblade Communities subforum.
"Tournaments discussed must be intended to become official WBO Organized Play events. Unsanctioned events may not be discussed. If you'd like to talk about an official TAKARA-TOMY or Hasbro event, post in Beyblade General."

So I guess the only other spot it needs to be written down at is here in Your Creations.
As a reminder, non-WBO tournaments are still not allowed to be advertised on the WBO forums or Discord. This may change in the future. Now more than ever (during COVID-19), we have to insist on high standards of safety at events, and we cannot ensure those at non-WBO events that aren't using WBO rules.