Poll: Would you Attend

Yes
35.29%
No
29.41%
Possibly
35.29%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
(Aug. 20, 2010  10:14 AM)xXUnicornoXx Wrote: Sounds great, I could advertise this over Youtube if you like too, might get a couple more people at least.
So are we getting this to be an official WBO tournament? [Beypoints etc]

(Aug. 20, 2010  7:08 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Yeah, sounds cool!
I'll spread the word amongst my mates

Sweet guys. The more publicity the better.

I would say its best not to make this one for points or anything just yet. IIt's gonna be better to focus more on getting new people onto WBO. Then when people are on it we can start going for points and prizes ect.
Quote: Sweet guys. The more publicity the better.

I would say its best not to make this one for points or anything just yet. IIt's gonna be better to focus more on getting new people onto WBO. Then when people are on it we can start going for points and prizes ect.

I fully agree with the way we need to get new people onto the WBO from the area, however Newcastle is still a good hour away from me, and I'd only be willing to go that way if I could go for Beypoints if I'm being fully honest. I'll certainly advertise this on Youtube and hopefully that could un-earth some more Newcastle 'Area' bladers.
(Aug. 21, 2010  10:52 PM)xXUnicornoXx Wrote:
Quote: Sweet guys. The more publicity the better.

I fully agree with the way we need to get new people onto the WBO from the area, however Newcastle is still a good hour away from me, and I'd only be willing to go that way if I could go for Beypoints if I'm being fully honest. I'll certainly advertise this on Youtube and hopefully that could un-earth some more Newcastle 'Area' bladers.

I understand bud. This is gonna be a tester just so see how many people show. That and we cant really say its for points and call it a tourney if only 5 people show up. Im hoping more will turn out so in october we can have one for points.

Also where about you from?
Thought this was worth a mention - on Saturday, I joined some friends who were playing Yugioh in the library. A member of staff told us they didn't want a group of around 10 people sitting around, but that we could go upstairs and use the creche, on the one condition that we left no mess.
For basically the whole day, we got a room full of sofas, chairs, tables, a kitchen and toilet facilities to ourselves, for absolutely free.

Maybe you could ring the library and ask to be able to use it sometime? I doubt they'd charge, and people would be much more willing to go to somewhere more central and indoors Smile
(Aug. 22, 2010  8:17 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Thought this was worth a mention - on Saturday, I joined some friends who were playing Yugioh in the library. A member of staff told us they didn't want a group of around 10 people sitting around, but that we could go upstairs and use the creche, on the one condition that we left no mess.
For basically the whole day, we got a room full of sofas, chairs, tables, a kitchen and toilet facilities to ourselves, for absolutely free.

Maybe you could ring the library and ask to be able to use it sometime? I doubt they'd charge, and people would be much more willing to go to somewhere more central and indoors Smile

Yeah I used to go to the library back when I played yu gi oh. If you drop my name (Newt) most of the regulars will know me. Havnt been there in a while but when I did go they kept complaining about the noise. Thats one thing that beyblade does make a lot of noise.

Having said that we were playing on the third level sat around 2 or 3 chairs at the back. I havnt seen anyone in the creche but I might investigate on the 4th. Only problem is you cant take entrance fee when they give you it for free so I doubt we would be able to play for prizes.
You could still charge an entry fee to the actual competition though ;D Free to come and battle anyone if you wanted, but you wouldn't enter in the tournament and therefore couldn't win prizes. I think the Yugioh tournaments at the hotel work in a similar way? I quite hate Yuigoh, so don't really know haha..
And the creche is on the second level, opposite the noisy cafe. There's no books on that level, AND it's all closed doors and carp. So there's not really any trouble at all with noise issues. There was 10+ of us in there, and only like 4 people were playing Yugioh Smile We're noisy folks (and I was blading in some empty sand pit or something, which was NOISY) and had no complaints.
I did a chiptune workshop in that room, and we had 8 gameboys through a really loud PA system... So yeah! hahah
Well from past experience in the old library (before they knocked it down for the refurb) I used to bring my laptp in to do yu gi tournys. I got pulled when i charged entrance fee to one. Obv because im not paying for a venue so its a bit cheeky to do so because they assume your making a profit.

If we did charge a fee it would have to be minimal and somebody would have to buy prizes upfront.

Also im guessing you have stadiums?

I can contribute 2 blades (wolf, dark bull) and 2 launchers for public use. I currently dont have any stadiums unless Black Rose lets me borrow his TB set.
I've got the Hasbro Portable (old one, where you can remove the gates and make it cool), Thunder Rumbler (huge and carp), clear stadium (so old, and so thrashed haha), a fake Takara-style stadium with the most insane slope evarrrr, and the Takara Ultimate Stadium (rotating center one).
I'm not sure if I'd be able to lend any MFB, mainly cause I only have a few, but I can totally lend launchers and ripcords haha
Ive got 5 but ones illegal (libra) and the other 2 are the ones i would like to use myself.

If you could bring two stadiums that would be great. The library definately seems like a much better venue. I just hope the yu gi crowd will leave me alone.
Eh, my group of mates is separate from them, and they all just sit on the 4th floor by some sofas haha
Which stadiums should I bring? Mobile and Ultimate? The mobile stadium is great cause you can unscrew the door things and make it like a Takara one Smile
(Aug. 23, 2010  12:42 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Eh, my group of mates is separate from them, and they all just sit on the 4th floor by some sofas haha
Which stadiums should I bring? Mobile and Ultimate? The mobile stadium is great cause you can unscrew the door things and make it like a Takara one Smile

If you have one a mfb takara one as they are the only legal ones afaik. Just bring whatever your comfortable with.
I don't hav any MFB stadiums - only plastics ones I'm afraid.
Quote:I understand bud. This is gonna be a tester just so see how many people show. That and we cant really say its for points and call it a tourney if only 5 people show up. Im hoping more will turn out so in october we can have one for points.

Also where about you from?

I'm from near Carlisle, just on the border, it's around an hours drive to Newcastle- I reckon we could go for getting 8-12 people, I'll still end up going and I'll bring a friend along, + you and theres a good 5 others pretty active on this thread that would go, I'm sure we could go for a reasonable amount of people.
Like I said, I can bring an Attack Stadium and the MFB Balance stadium for use, and if anyone needs any blades I could lend out a couple so long as I got them back : P
It'd be held in Newcastle Central Library (if it is held in the library), which is just along from the Monument, and is behind Northumberland Street, so is like pretty damn central haha.
The Library wouldn't impose any age restrictions at all - that would be down to Newt - but I don't see any reason he would haha
I can definitely bring at least one mate, and my girlfriend loves beyblades so maybe I can persuade her too Tongue_out
(Aug. 23, 2010  11:44 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote: It'd be held in Newcastle Central Library (if it is held in the library), which is just along from the Monument, and is behind Northumberland Street, so is like pretty damn central haha.
The Library wouldn't impose any age restrictions at all - that would be down to Newt - but I don't see any reason he would haha
I can definitely bring at least one mate, and my girlfriend loves beyblades so maybe I can persuade her too Tongue_out

Nahh no age restrictions as long as the older ones help the younger ones. Thats something that doesnt happen in yu gi oh thats why all the kids quit after a month.
(Aug. 25, 2010  5:09 PM)EggNogg05 Wrote: So what time would the tournament be held and would it cost?

1pm and FREE

Unless we all decide to put a couple of quid in to play for prizes.
(Aug. 26, 2010  12:33 AM)Newt Wrote: 1pm and FREE

Unless we all decide to put a couple of quid in to play for prizes.
Hm, were you trying to host a tournament or not ? Because unless you have to financially rent a venue, the entry fee is of five American dollars, if you did not know ...
Yeh but this isn't a WBO tournament, this is unofficial.
I'd be willing to pay a couple of quid to help towards prizes. No more than a couple of quid though
(Aug. 26, 2010  9:52 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Yeh but this isn't a WBO tournament, this is unofficial.
I'd be willing to pay a couple of quid to help towards prizes. No more than a couple of quid though
Since Newt was making sure Beystadiums were legal, I thought he might want to make it official ...
(Aug. 26, 2010  5:26 PM)EggNogg05 Wrote: the bottom of my string launcher broke so I replaced it with the bottom of another launcher.
Can I use this in the tournament?
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Orga...cial-Rules