New worldbeyblade.org — bug and issue reporting

Hey everyone, wanted to make a thread for you to post about any bugs you come across on the site, or features you can’t find or that aren’t working properly. I’ll continue to update the first post of this thread as issues are confirmed. Thank you for your support in polishing up our new website!

Confirmed Issues (Click to View)
Resolved Issues (Click to View)
y u disable username change
(Dec. 15, 2016  12:00 AM)Oi Shinji Wrote: y u disable username change

This falls under something that's just not visible right now, not something that was intentionally disabled. My apologies!
Yay!

Love the new layout! Also, just wanted to add that my passport is gonna expire in March. (^_^)
some times I get "gateway timeout errors" and "bad gateway" errors. the new site is also really slow for me on both computers at my house. I have not tried mobile yet.
1: I think the Contact Us page just leads to a blank screen, regardless of whether you're logged in already, or login after the prompt.

2: Can't really edit long titles on Mobile devices (most phone), you can't scroll left and right to fix an error that is off the screen, if this makes sense?

3: Who's Online link doesn't work; 404 Error.
In event threads, venue names with ampersands in them appear to break the Open Map link. For example, in my WELCOME TO A&C GAMES thread, when I originally had "A&C Games" as the venue name, the map link opened Google Maps with a search for just "A" and nothing else. I've updated it to "A and C Games" for now and it works.
Ok so I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but I can't read through my old PMs. Like I said I'm not sure if this was purposely taken away or if I just can't find it. I know it seems like a bizarre thing to worry about, but I get a kick out of reading my old PMs sometimes and would hate to see this feature be gone.
(Dec. 15, 2016  4:58 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Ok so I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but I can't read through my old PMs. Like I said I'm not sure if this was purposely taken away or if I just can't find it. I know it seems like a bizarre thing to worry about, but I get a kick out of reading my old PMs sometimes and would hate to see this feature be gone.

Oh, how old actually? I noticed that most of mine had disappeared too, but that was before the downtime and all. We are not too sure what caused it, unless it was due to our server trying to load less things. They should be saved somewhere, but I do not know if we could just make them all reappear for everybody or anybody.
(Dec. 15, 2016  5:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh, how old actually? I noticed that most of mine had disappeared too, but that was before the downtime and all. We are not too sure what caused it, unless it was due to our server trying to load less things. They should be saved somewhere, but I do not know if we could just make them all reappear for everybody or anybody.

Yeah I noticed some of the really old ones disappearing before the update, but now I can't find a way to view even ones sent the previous hour.
Edit: never mind lol I just found them...
Clicking on the last page (or a certain page) if I click on Pages on a thread doesn't work all the time, until now. (on mobile only)
It hangs on my IPod Touch 4th Gen. I could not browse there.
- Some user, like me or DGoon (well, at least us) hasn't the label under the profile picture correctly shown.
- Faces are not shown correctly in PMs.
(Dec. 15, 2016  5:29 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I can't view all of my faces.

The Bit Collection pages are still undergoing some formatting. Don't fret! Your Bits are still intact, and we'll have an update on this soon.

(Dec. 15, 2016  12:58 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Clicking on the last page (or a certain page) if I click on Pages on a thread doesn't work all the time, until now. (on mobile only)

Strange, I can't seem to replicate the issue, it's working for me on multiple mobile devices. What are you using?

(Dec. 15, 2016  1:06 PM)Ninja Blader Wrote: It hangs on my IPod Touch 4th Gen. I could not browse there.

I'll test this one shortly.

(Dec. 15, 2016  3:10 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: - Some user, like me or DGoon hasn't the label under the profile picture correctly shown.
- Faces are not shown correctly in PMs.

Fixed the label issue for both you and DGoon. Thanks for letting us know!

The issue with Bits being shown incorrectly has been added to the bug list. That shouldn't happen, haha.
(Dec. 15, 2016  3:11 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Strange, I can't seem to replicate the issue, it's working for me on multiple mobile devices. What are you using?
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7. When I would click on it, it doesn't go to the page. However, it only responded twice. Uncertain
- Some user, like me or DGoon (well, at least us) hasn't the label under the profile picture correctly shown.  ---> Corrected. (Are other languages' mods still "member" or we need another kind of label like contributor or committee?)
I can't seem to find the search function on the mobile version.
(Dec. 15, 2016  3:18 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7. When I would click on it, it doesn't go to the page. However, it only responded twice. Uncertain

I'll check this soon! I have a similar device that I can get my hands on, haha.

(Dec. 15, 2016  3:20 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: - Some user, like me or DGoon (well, at least us) hasn't the label under the profile picture correctly shown.  ---> Corrected. (Are other languages' mods still "member" or we need another kind of label like contributor or committee?)

The moderator tag hasn't been created yet (hence why you saw a blank tag before). So, for now, I've swapped your moderator and member rights so that a tag does appear. We'll swap it back around when a tag is ready, but you should still have the same moderator functionality as before.

(Dec. 15, 2016  3:42 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: I can't seem to find the search function on the mobile version.

Search should have appeared under the "More" button on the bottom, which it doesn't. I've added this as an accepted issue, thanks for letting us know!
My mistake on the moderator tag. It will be fixed tonight.

Bug preventing registration is now fixed. Sorry to everyone that was affected.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback so far (and to Mana for responding!). I'll try to only respond to this thread when I've either fixed a reported problem or need more information, so don't take quietness as a sign of laziness Wink
(Dec. 15, 2016  4:04 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: The moderator tag hasn't been created yet (hence why you saw a blank tag before). So, for now, I've swapped your moderator and member rights so that a tag does appear. We'll swap it back around when a tag is ready, but you should still have the same moderator functionality as before.
Yes, the mod panel seems to work (what I mean is that I can do mod-stuff but I can't see the true panel), thanks :)
(Dec. 15, 2016  4:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: My mistake on the moderator tag. It will be fixed tonight.
Thank you Brad! :D
Fixed:

- Size of Bits in private messages
- Display status of private messages in inbox and other folders
- Bug causing "send message" button to not appear on profile of offline users
(Dec. 15, 2016  4:04 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I'll check this soon! I have a similar device that I can get my hands on, haha.
Thank you, much appreciated. :)
(Dec. 15, 2016  12:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This falls under something that's just not visible right now, not something that was intentionally disabled. My apologies!

When do you expect to have the naming feature back?
Not long, but I can't give a precise date. I'm prioritizing fixes by a combination of how long they take and how important they are.