New to the world of Beyblades

Hi guys. Just recently learned about Beyblades through my kids. We just watched a bit of the World Beyblade Chamionship or whatever. They're excited to join a tournament, and I see a new post about one in Torrance that's somewhat near us.

Quick question, what's the average age that you guys see at these tournies? My boys are 7 and 9.

Also, is this question OK to ask in here? I saw the Question and Answer thread, but that sounded like it's specific to Beyblades and not tournaments.

Thanks!
Well, just use that thread next time. But Beyblade is open to any age but commonly 7 - 25. Need any more help? PM me.
(Mar. 29, 2012  11:05 PM)ringzero Wrote: Also, is this question OK to ask in here? I saw the Question and Answer thread, but that sounded like it's specific to Beyblades and not tournaments.

That is entirely correct, it is appeasing to finally get one new Member who can distinguish those things on their own, hah. For questions on tournaments, you can either send me a private message, or post in the "Questions about the WBO" topic if it is really about WBO-approved events.
Ages in tournaments vary from area to area. In my area averfage is about 14 or so. But tournaments are open to all ages. Feel free to PM me. if you need any help.
Nice to meet you.Are you going to share this account with your sons?
Thanks guys. I went ahead and created accounts for each of my sons, so I could register for an upcoming event. Thanks for the welcome. I think we're going to head up for the Torrance event. They're both super excited about it. They think they're pretty hot stuff with their beys. I think they might be in for a rude awakening and hopefully a learning experience ;-)
Welcome! and there are more than a few parents here.
I just co-hosted a tournament in Michigan and there were two of us old dudes, Dads both 32 and I'm not sure how old his sister was who competed. We think it's great making it a family thing, I see these so called "teams" out there but my team is my family.
Right on, Klaus! I've been getting into it and somewhat "urging" my boys interest in it, too. I'm also putting together some material for teaching them physics through Beyblades. It's kind of amazing how great tops are for representing matter+energy!
Good to see a dad who has an interest in what their kids do.

Welcome!
usually from 8 - 13 year olds mosly
Welcome to the WBO! Its great to see parents get into their kids hobbies. I hope you and your kids have a great time hear! Any problems? PM me or any committee members. Their welcome to help you!
Welcome to the World Beyblade Organization!
Please read your welcoming private message for any questions you might have and for helpful threads.
If there isn't an answer to a question in the private message about a you may have about the site, then you should go here to ask it.
If you have any questions about the hobby of beyblading itself, then here's the place to ask it.
If you need combination help, please go here for help.
Although this all should be in your welcoming private message already Smile
hi